Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Do you ever make a mistake? Reunite me with my 202 Lotus 138s

They were red, need I say more?

A few years ago I sold my 202 Lotus 138s due to not really thinking I wanted/needed them. Life has changed, ski location has changed, quiver has changed and I'm really regretting the sale of my 202 Lotus 138. Rocker 3.2, flex 2, Pures. Mounted for STH16 at a 306 BSL.

Would like to buy them back, or buy another 202 Lotus 138, prefer the Pure. Let me know what you've got.

Ah yes, these ones. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0208171830a_HDR.jpeg 
Views:	342 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	348079

Yup, those are the ones. Red ones

They have to be worth a fortune since they've been handled by many mags now.

Face shot machines :drool:

The day I bumped into you at Stevens you were on those and I was on my 192’s. You were flying down the mountain on them. I was shocked when you decided to sell them. I don’t ski my 192’s often, but will be hard press to let them go. Amazing skis when conditions dictate. Good luck on your quest!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Thank you. I wish you didn't have to delete PM, otherwise I'd know who to message...

It’s like when I sold the pontoons. This thread is classic and I hope you get reunited for sure

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Also, I'm not totally hung up on getting my exact pair, if someone is holding 202 138s... lemme know

O damn. I know that feeling. I sold my 192s (white, red racing stripe, bamboo sidewalls, one mount, that I got for $150) and just a year later was begging the guy to sell them back to me. Alas, he (unlike me) realized what a sweet deal he had. So I jumped on the sale this spring and got some Tour1 L138s and look forward to them making snow (already fun) even funner this winter.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

But no 202s anymore

I'm starting to think ski's should be held onto like tools, Never sell them for they will someday have a purpose again. (my Mill, Lathe, welders, all parted with due to lack of space, Now I want them back) Happy hunting buddy. Can't wait to rip some big open faces on fatty's with you.

I was able to get some 201 stokli DP pro back in the quiver. Regretted selling those quite a bit. When the conditions are such that you need them nothing comes close. They’re like another level up from 192 LP105’s

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler (Not Neil Armstrong) View Post
    I'm starting to think ski's should be held onto like tools, Never sell them for they will someday have a purpose again. (my Mill, Lathe, welders, all parted with due to lack of space, Now I want them back) Happy hunting buddy. Can't wait to rip some big open faces on fatty's with you.
    I'm feeling the same way.

Here's to a lot of days where a 202cm x 138mm ski makes sense...

I have a pair of beat to shit 192s with many holes and a dynaduke plate (I think) you can have if you want an inadequately short replacement. Bamboo sidewall early generation. I even have a box to ship them in.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

^ If LS doesn't want those, Whyturn would probably dig them and he's in SLC.

Name:  f1505c4a121ba4e4e1abac099292f374.jpg
Views: 2513
Size:  51.7 KB

I know a certain mag who's got some black bamboo sidewalled 200cm 138s.
    I have my request in first.

I stockpiled the 200 cm black bamboo sidewalled L120s, still have 2 unmounted pairs. My DDs.

I do have some 200 cm red hybrid L120s I could let go, but that's not the model you really want.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I was able to get some 201 stokli DP pro back in the quiver. Regretted selling those quite a bit. When the conditions are such that you need them nothing comes close. They’re like another level up from 192 LP105’s

thread doesn't give any clues: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...H16?highlight=

Have you checked your sent PMs, maybe you didn't delete those?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I very much regret selling my old Lotus 120's. Always hoping a pair pops up. 190's or 200's from before they offered a hybrid build please.

Maybe this is totally out of line and/or not possible. But if we got enough people together could we get Keith to make a batch this summer like they did the Kulsa? Or is that a different story because the Kulsa's maker gave Keith the "recipe"?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I know a certain mag who's got some black bamboo sidewalled 200cm 138s.
    I have my request in first.

I stockpiled the 200 cm black bamboo sidewalled L120s, still have 2 unmounted pairs. My DDs.

I do have some 200 cm red hybrid L120s I could let go, but that's not the model you really want.
    Proper preparation (hoarding).
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Don't know if they're still making skis, but the Hangfire Stauchwall is the most similar ski I've seen to an R1 Lotus 138. It's softer and has more flat area (with a bit of camber), but otherwise is clearly based on the early 138. Maybe they'd be willing to do a run of longer/stiffer ones if demand was there.

http://hangfireskis.com/skis/

and who might that be? If yer talking about me, those have some provenance too. Bought them from Flylow Dan (unbeknownst to me when I answered the CL ad) when he was moving from SEA to the southern climes of Tahoe.

I've skied them twice, maybe thrice. Hope to again someday. Will be regrowing ballz in the meantime for when they hit the hardpack.

Sold a pair of the red ones, unmounted, last year to a mag. They were acquired from a weird sale a few years ago. Anyone remember that? Someone was selling a bunch of those red DPS big skis stupid cheap. Bought two pairs.

QUOTE=Buster Highmen;6133768]I know a certain mag who's got some black bamboo sidewalled 200cm 138s.
    I have my request in first.[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.