Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    So what's the scoop on the Wailer 105 t2? That's another ski I thought seemed cool from DPS that definitely had some balls. What skis inspired it?
    are you around a 315mm BSL? I’d send you my original pair. It’s drilled 3x, all for 315. 916, p18, and tyrolia race. Contingent on getting them back, they are yours to use as long as you want.

They are the smoothest, most stable, and stiffest skis I have ever skied, ever in my life, including many igneous and head skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I can’t believe you have two pair of 15 Year old virgins.

I bought the first run bamboo sidewall based on the hype here. Ordered flex 3 on Marshall’s advice.
    Amazing ski. Awesome memories.
    Still have them. Top sheets chipped to fuck. But slathered in epoxy and fully functional.

Bought red top sheets in normal flex and still drive those regularly. Paid $220 new on clearance.
    Not sure which year, but def before hybrid since they don’t say pure.
    Much easier to ski. Much looser, but also more floppy (not bad, just compared to flex 3 bamboo). Always thought it was flex, but it might be the rocker.

But 120 in pow, the pintail and rocker let you drive the front of the ski like a man possessed.
    They don’t slarve like a 138, it’s more that you can push/slarve the tips more than the whole ski.

Another great thing about the 120 is that it can rail hardpack if you want to go fast and straight line or are old enough to like and remember how to skid tails.

The RP was more slarvy, but too floppy.
    The RPC was chargy, but lost the slarvy, and didn’t have the soul and fun factor of the 120.

A bit over One year into Stephan’s departure.
    How many more years do we have to wait for him to come back?
    great summary. Spot on.
    Stephan will never stop dreaming and innovating.
    I hope he gets to execution and launching what is in his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    That explains why a couple of mine seems to have a teensy bit more rocker than the others.

The thing I like the most is how much effective edge one gets off the 2005-07 L120; it skis well on groomers as long as one can get 1/4 inch of penetration.

Once the honker huDge dentist rocker showed up on the red ones, I couldn't get the same trampoline out of the ski.
    could not agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    are you around a 315mm BSL? I’d send you my original pair. It’s drilled 3x, all for 315. 916, p18, and tyrolia race. Contingent on getting them back, they are yours to use as long as you want.

They are the smoothest, most stable, and stiffest skis I have ever skied, ever in my life, including many igneous and head skis.
    Woah. Sounds scary

I never thought I’d say this, but I now want to take a pair of these famous skis for a spin.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

306. I'll send you a PM. perhaps I need to make sure some maggots ride these legendary skis. I'm not sure I'm mainly enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Woah. Sounds scary
    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    306. I'll send you a PM. perhaps I need to make sure some maggots ride these legendary skis. I'm not sure I'm mainly enough for them.
    You guys are both welcome to try the ones I picked up. I think they say Marshal edition on them.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    And if anyone reading is holding, I would LOVE to be reunited with a pair of rocker 3.1 192 L138’s. Pm me!
    want a communuty service job helpin b bear guard the gates of stoke ?
    youd be good at it
    better than good imo

and ill straight up give you my pretty nice 1 binding freedom plate mount green ones in exchange for such community services
    but i keeps my stickers

#beyondfaceshots
    #maketgrstokedagain
    otherwise ill let ya know if i ever need monies
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I scored a used fresh pair of 138 3.2 rocker hybrid from the man named Z. Which still have the Go for Rob sticker on them. Fun ski with 3 inches or above also with the amount of rocker you can scrub speed and stick them into the tightest tree around. Will never get sell and wish i had a pair mounted alpine to blow my friends minds on deep days.

Got a heli drop at silverton last year and the guides were stoked to see the Go for Rob sticker instant ski karma for sure.

Was there a thread explaining what and why Stephan left DPS?

There was a thread with a whole lot of conjecture, some strong opinions, and minimal facts, yes. The split was certainly acrimonious and is messy.

There is really only one path that leads to “founder, who originally held majority shares, losing control and being exited”. And there is only one set of circumstance where the new majority views the gap between “the exit cost” and the “cost to retain” as wide enough to take action.

A small part of me died the day I heard the news. And I still think often of the pain Stephan feels for his loss (DPS was his baby, literally).

Awe. The pescado prince finds his big gun and we all learn sum. Killer break down Marshall!

On the T2 side of things- liked the 95 for a ripper. Mint color mashers.. regret selling

this is rad. so whats the history on the 200 CM Lotus 120? How many of the later red/big rocker versions were made? Had a pair of those briefly as well, sold them to a maggot who is 6'6" and 250lbs, seemed like the right ski for him.

We should start a TGR registry thread on these bad boys.
    Can Confirm, It is a dope ski that I'll never let go.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Awe. The pescado prince finds his big gun and we all learn sum. Killer break down Marshall!

On the T2 side of things- liked the 95 for a ripper. Mint color mashers.. regret selling
    “Pescado Prince” lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    “Pescado Prince” lmao!
    No dig intended - big fan of TAFKNA. His enthusiasm got me to buy a try at team Pescado. Probably a pretty good powder 1, 2 punch in your area.

No dig intended - big fan of TAFKNA. His enthusiasm got me to buy a try at team Pescado. Probably a pretty good powder 1, 2 punch in your area.
    I do believe the prince has fallen from line’s graces!! Last I heard he sold em!

I know. It was still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    I do believe the prince has fallen from line’s graces!! Last I heard he sold em!

Really? After all the high praise. Seriously hope he can find his magic wand.

It'll never happen. His quiver ever shifts.

So what's the scoop on the Wailer 105 t2?
    Go big or go home: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DPS-Wailer-...wAAOSwfGhftEhy

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post

So can we expect to see a recovery thread in a couple years?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    So can we expect to see a recovery thread in a couple years?
    Well---I bought em'. So really it'll be less hard for him to recover them because....well.....I haven't disappeared from the board yet and it's been 20 years (no fucking clue why). By then he'll have amassed every pair of OG Lotii in the land and we'll work some sort of back handed alley trade that'll probably result in everyone just shipping skis all over the country and not actually exchanging any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    It'll never happen. His quiver ever shifts.
    Technicolor Dream Quiver?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    So can we expect to see a recovery thread in a couple months ?
    Fify.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Fify.
    weeks.... days.... hours.... the frequency cannot be predicted

I'm both excited and disappointed that i'm just now learning about these.
    My big ass would love a big pow ski like this.

One more thing to obsessively check the internet for

Would fit right in the stable next to my 202 Down SD105s