Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    and who might that be? If yer talking about me, those have some provenance too. Bought them from Flylow Dan (unbeknownst to me when I answered the CL ad) when he was moving from SEA to the southern climes of Tahoe.
    Yes, you.

I've skied them twice, maybe thrice. Hope to again someday. Will be regrowing ballz in the meantime for when they hit the hardpack.
    The trick is to ski where there's no hardpack. I know where. But I'll still take them if you ever decide to let them go.

Sold a pair of the red ones, unmounted, last year to a mag. They were acquired from a weird sale a few years ago. Anyone remember that? Someone was selling a bunch of those red DPS big skis stupid cheap. Bought two pairs.
    I think those were the red hybrid Lotus 120s. No?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I know a certain mag who's got some black bamboo sidewalled 200cm 138s.
    I have my request in first.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Sold a pair of the red ones, unmounted, last year to a mag. They were acquired from a weird sale a few years ago. Anyone remember that? Someone was selling a bunch of those red DPS big skis stupid cheap. Bought two pairs.
    They have a pair of shifts on them now, but if I sold them then I would be making a regrettable mistake and would have to hijack this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    They have a pair of shifts on them now, but if I sold them then I would be making a regrettable mistake and would have to hijack this thread.
    I just hope the guy who bought mine regrets buying them.

Paging Neufox47 to the "I think I sold you the 202 lotus 138" courtesy phone... uh... did I?

Did some digging on PayPal, and that's my best guess... but I buy and sell a lot of fucking skis, so it's hard to say.

I have heard from Mr. Neufox, and he seems interested in reunification. I hope others that also are missing the 200+ loti will find wholeness. I will keep the various stakeholders of this thread informed of the situation, fear not.

They are my unicorn.

I was going to bump my wtb thread, but didn’t out of respect for your worthy reunion pleas.

I have a permanent standing order to buy this ski. Had the original years ago, but just too damn short for me. 202cm dream ski
    . . .

I was on a pair of Lotus 138's the only time I ever got cheered on by strangers who were riding the lift as I ripped a line under it.

I sold those skis to Max Gosey and he proceeded to lose one of them in deep snow on one of the first days he was out skiing them.

What I'm saying is: think frozen and let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I have heard from Mr. Neufox, and he seems interested in reunification. I hope others that also are missing the 200+ loti will find wholeness. I will keep the various stakeholders of this thread informed of the situation, fear not.
    This thread just brought a tear to my eye...

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I was on a pair of Lotus 138's the only time I ever got cheered on by strangers who were riding the lift as I ripped a line under it.
    Last time I was cheered by strangers that way I on some skis I fucked hated. Couldn't get the tail to release in some wind affected pow so I just went straight, but it wasn't how I planned it. I had no fucking choice.

Time to bump that thread celebrating the Lotus 138 and 120 as the greatest pow skis ever made....

I think I like the 138s more than the 150 Spoon even.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

and who might that be? If yer talking about me, those have some provenance too. Bought them from Flylow Dan (unbeknownst to me when I answered the CL ad) when he was moving from SEA to the southern climes of Tahoe.

I've skied them twice, maybe thrice. Hope to again someday. Will be regrowing ballz in the meantime for when they hit the hardpack.

QUOTE=Buster Highmen;6133768]I know a certain mag who's got some black bamboo sidewalled 200cm 138s.
    I have my request in first.
    [/QUOTE]

Haha.
    I gave that pair to Flylow Dan in 2011!
    If you end up selling them, I’d totally try to play the “original ownership” card on that pair

Curious about details on the red ones you mention. I gave away a bunch of my old lotus 120/138 and spoons 3 and 4 years ago, and have seen a number of them pop back up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler (Not Neil Armstrong) View Post
    I'm starting to think ski's should be held onto like tools, Never sell them for they will someday have a purpose again. (my Mill, Lathe, welders, all parted with due to lack of space, Now I want them back) Happy hunting buddy. Can't wait to rip some big open faces on fatty's with you.
    Agreed.
    I only have four days on my rocker 2 202 138s in a decade or so.
    But they were back to back in a huge cycle.

They're not going anywhere.

Happy to hear about your imminent reunion AFKALS.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Curious about details on the red ones you mention. I gave away a bunch of my old lotus 120/138 and spoons 3 and 4 years ago, and have seen a number of them pop back up for sale.
    There were a bunch of red and blue 200cm and 202cm lotus 120 and 138 on Amazon from a shop on the East Coast for like $200. Not sure the back story on that but a lot cheap lotus were bought.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    There were a bunch of red and blue 200cm and 202cm lotus 120 and 138 on Amazon from a shop on the East Coast for like $200. Not sure the back story on that but a lot cheap lotus were bought.
    ah, yup. I remember that.
    Thx

ah, yup. I remember that.
    Thx
    He’s alive!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

If anyone has a pair of Spoons, the 150s, and they are not sure they want to keep them, shoot me a message. I bought a pair that was BNIP that someone got of STP, never drilled them, flipped them, and regretted it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Someone on this thread sold me a pair of black stiff as fuck pure 202s with bamboo sidewalls "new old stock" going on almost 10 years ago now. Truly the definition of a timeless classic - I don't think there will ever be another ski quite like it.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ill keep an eye out for yas
    tween our 4 stores we git em in on commission on occasion and they all know i covet carbon 120's
    i still shake my head at why they quit making the best ski they made
    why turn does a better job psaing ya than me sometimes
    somebody got a nice pair of 200 l 120's last season
    norseman i think
    i passed on em cause i got old and ski outta to many lugey snow shoe track trailheads
    to lug that extra 10cm around
    i still have a year after bamboo sidewall green 138 192cm i need to remount
    or sell
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i still shake my head at why they quit making the best ski they made
    this
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

One word. Drake.

Stephan was the genius. Even after he went for more mainstream dentistry skis, he still created spoon tips (not sure if that is a gimmick) and certainly the Spoon ski (an even more retarded version of the Lotus 138).

Plus, for better or worse, he kept refining shapes on 120 and 138 over the years.

One look at a photo of him slarving, and you understand his passion.
    He even created the RP line of skis in hopes that average resort skiers might throw a skid turn in here and there. Doubt most ever have.

But anyways, they kicked him out, and DPS is dead.

Hopefully after his non-compete he can bring back some of the classic shapes, rockers and flexes we covet.
    . . .

I think you are talking about skis from "The Gear Coop" in Santa Ana, CA

May 16 2015, I bought:
    DPS Lotus 120 Pure2 Skis (2012/13) - Red snow flake 200cm for $289
    DPS Lotus 138 SE Pure2 Skis (2012/13) - Blue Pinstripe 202cm $274
    DPS Lotus 120 Special Edition Pure3 Skis (2013/14) - Pink/Grey Fade 197cm $374

Sold them all off a couple years ago but had some fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    somebody got a nice pair of 200 l 120's last season
    norseman i think
    i tuned them and gave them to swerve in the alpy raffle

I grabbed a pair of marshalolsen (OG handle) provenance snowflake 120s from dfinn last season for the dynafits he had on them, and had SkiFishBum fix them up. We are going to try to get them to a mag in need this year, let me know if you'd like to have input on that

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    theve got a few holes but yes if somebody knows somebodey who could use these i haz them
    or if somebody's got or access to dyna demos
    the maggot travling tour ski would be cool
    i have the og traveling 188 bros somewhere
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    I'm trynna figure out what I did.... I was a little distracted at the time. I had two pairs of the red snowflakes, NIP. I think one was a 200 120, and a 200 138. You got the 138s? Maybe there's still a pair in my office closet.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.