ID:	371042
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0463.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	807.8 KB 
ID:	371043

Meadows closes again for wind. 2nd time this year

Update at 8:25. Way too late to do any good. We bailed last night, luckily

I checked their web site at 6:45 then 8:30. Anyone know when they chose to not open?
    Last edited by k2skier112; 04-10-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Does anyone know if the north sister has enough snow to ski the good morning couloir?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Can’t decide if I am going to ride Little Pine or Sunrise. Maybe hit up the magic carpet. Calm down wind. Let us ski please!

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Does anyone know if the north sister has enough snow to ski the good morning couloir?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Don't know, but this might be useful.
    https://turns-all-year.com/trip-repo...sters-traverse

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Any idea why rockfall is worse than I've seen it before?
    (Have I just missed all the bad rockfall days in the past?)
    It does seem a bit worse than the last few years. I have had a bunch of close calls over there the last few weeks. Although, it is a humongous pile of mixed gravel and boulders.

Nearly saw a snowboarder wearing headphones get beaned by a 40 mph bowling ball. I pulled over to let it pass -yelling rock and pointing at it when I saw his intended track. He kept traversing right into its path. Never even saw it.

After the last couple shots of snow, it is going to be a total minefield of partially buried boulders on the far wall.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Meadows closes again for wind. 2nd time this year

Update at 8:25. Way too late to do any good. We bailed last night, luckily

I checked their web site at 6:45 then 8:30. Anyone know when they chose to not open?
    Yeah I wish that email went out 10 minutes earlier. I checked right before I left Portland at 8:15. Waste of a morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bachelor beta needed!
    Looks like we're getting bageled at Mammoth for a mid May b-day trip, need to pivot... How's the snowpack holding up at Mt B and what's the prognosis for a May 14-16 trip?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

T-line parking lot was full by 8:12am today. What is this, mid-season? Was feeling lazy and left later than normal and when we got to the line at Govy, we turned around and came back home.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    T-line parking lot was full by 8:12am today. What is this, mid-season? Was feeling lazy and left later than normal and when we got to the line at Govy, we turned around and came back home.
    LOL, woke up at my normal time. Turned off the Alarm and went back to sleep. Didn't help that one of my smoke detectors went off in the middle of the night, and I had to get a ladder out to disconnect it.
    Training for Alpental

Skibowl open noon to 2000. First weekend not there, but from the pictures it is looking like a great day.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Name:  US26 at Govn Camp Maint_pid1899.jpeg.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  27.8 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I hope that strong of cars fills turns around for the Skibowl parking lot and convinces Skibowl to stay open for another weekend or two.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Bachelor beta needed!
    Looks like we're getting bageled at Mammoth for a mid May b-day trip, need to pivot... How's the snowpack holding up at Mt B and what's the prognosis for a May 14-16 trip?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Snowpack was below average this year
    We’ve lost about 3’ from max
    There will be skiing mid-May. How much is the question.

Others can disagree, but I personally don’t expect the west side will be open by then, but Summit, Pine, and Sky will likely turn.
    Maybe SRX & CCX as well - it becomes a function of snowpack, employees leaving for summer gigs and day ticket sales

At Bach for my end of year skiing and ended up going to Hoo Doo as I got free passes from a bartender... Never been there and was so much fun... Zero lines and killer spring conditions were had all day... Def a neat little spot...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Shit, I'm glad I'm not the only one who misread the day. I haven't been riding this season out of what in retrospect seems like an overabundance of caution, but I decided now that spring is here and people are moving to other activities, Sunday would be a good day to head up to Timberline and pick up a spring pass. I assumed there wasn't any reason to get up there particularly early; I rolled through Govy around 8:45 to find 100+ cars stacked up on 26 waiting to get up the T-line access road. At least I was able to get back to town early enough to have lunch with my folks :-\

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0459.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	308.4 KB 
ID:	371042
    Fantastic week in Bend and some great turns on the hill. Good to catch up with those I knew from days past, and also great making turns with new folks. Monday morning after a week off is especially painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    At Bach for my end of year skiing and ended up going to Hoo Doo as I got free passes from a bartender... Never been there and was so much fun... Zero lines and killer spring conditions were had all day... Def a neat little spot...

Have a great time!

The New and improved Oregon 2020/2021 Ski Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Have a great time!
    Thanks Puma...! I wanted to connect with you and the rest of the crew but ended up having to work every morning and never made it up before 11... I was already working with an annoyed wife and did not think ditching her for a couple of hrs would be a smart move... We are leaving on Wed so at least have a few more days to ski...

Have a great summer and will be back again next year...! I absolutely love this town but cannot believe the traffic... My how things have changed since I started coming here in 2009....!

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Thanks Puma...! I wanted to connect with you and the rest of the crew but ended up having to work every morning and never made it up before 11... I was already working with an annoyed wife and did not think ditching her for a couple of hrs would be a smart move... We are leaving on Wed so at least have a few more days to ski...

Have a great summer and will be back again next year...! I absolutely love this town but cannot believe the traffic... My how things have changed since I started coming here in 2009....!

A wise move on the marital front. I was also navigating, but did have some fantastic windows to ride. I look forward to turns next year!

"fantastic windows to ride." Pretty much sums up my season too.

Another day thwarted at MHM because wind is effecting lifts

^^^ Yeah, was planning on a brief corn harvesting session but that wind forecast scared me off. I'm turning into a typical MHM softy.

+30mph wind up the run, delightful. That said at least the chairs weren't swinging sideways. The ski traffic polished the groom to a smooth finish...just right for tipping on sharp edges.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Assuming MHM.

I've been up on some really warm days (pretty similar) - and IME, it will be very soft by 1p. But before then, it should be pretty good. And depending on how corn-ish it is, it may or may not be draggy/sticky after. Skiing anything east facing will usually fare quite well, all day.

Also, IME, carry some wax in your pocket to crayon on.
    I've had really awesome luck with a moly wax from Racewax (not available any more)
    I have less experience with KUU Graphite - but it's seemed decent the case or two where I've used it. (It didn't seem as good as the moly, but it's a very small data set.)

I don't think corking it in, etc makes anything better. (If anything, I think it's worse.)
    My experience with yellow (or other warm waxes), hot waxed didn't seem to yield any substantial improvement. Crayon was way better.

Personally, I think it will be a blast!