Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2347
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    The Doo at noon when I bailed

Too moist for my taste. New snow is pretty saturated, snow is not crystallizing and skigee is mandatory. And I’m spoiled, esp with Wednesday still in my brain

Maybe tomorrow
    Why is that boarder doing push ups? Cross training for AK?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Training for BBI, duh

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    You lucky sledneck!

Been pining for Adams.

How was the snow quality from say 4k up? Got someone coming to visit this weekend and was going to take him on his first tour. Fluctuating FLs and insane wind has me wondering about the funk factor.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    You lucky sledneck!

Been pining for Adams.

How was the snow quality from say 4k up? Got someone coming to visit this weekend and was going to take him on his first tour. Fluctuating FLs and insane wind has me wondering about the funk factor.
    Cold and dry in protected zones once you get off the ridge! High quality skiing... Sastrugi and/or firm on exposed ridge lines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210205_185748.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	389.2 KB 
ID:	361449
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

^^^Trying to figure out the physics involved in those formations makes my head hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Why is that boarder doing push ups? Cross training for AK?
    Do not ask why - just know “It’s the Doo”, with record crowds due to Covid. It’s like the comedy reel from a Warren Miller movie some days.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Check out that crack under the basalt columns.
    Yeah we were looking at that and debating if patrol set that off w the howitzer or if it slid on its own. No ski tracks around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd guess natural triggered by temp differences around the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    I'd guess natural triggered by temp differences around the rocks.

In the springtime, when it's stable, that's one of my favorite pitches. Once upon a time, it was the best buttered corn I'd ever skied.

Got reprimanded by Ski patrol as did one other ski tourer for going up to Pine Martin lodge with uphill route closed. Sorry, didn't see the sign. My bad. Other dude had his season pass on him and Mr. Patrol took a pic of his pass and told him he had one strike on him. He was not a happy camper. Mr. Patrol asked if I was a season pass holder and I told him no, I was just up there to get some exercise. A bit of an overreaction on Mr. Patrol's part, IMO.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Got reprimanded by Ski patrol as did one other ski tourer for going up to Pine Martin lodge with uphill route closed. Sorry, didn't see the sign. My bad. Other dude had his season pass on him and Mr. Patrol took a pic of his pass and told him he had one strike on him. He was not a happy camper. Mr. Patrol asked if I was a season pass holder and I told him no, I was just up there to get some exercise. A bit of an overreaction on Mr. Patrol's part, IMO.
    Wise idea to leave your pass at home.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSkidmark View Post
    And a 3 year old too! My wife just brought up our infamous “coming together” a few days ago. Good times! I have two more days on my midweek Meadows pass. # still end in fivesixfiveone?
    Number is still the same. Languishing at Timberline this season. Hopefully meadows spring passes go on sale this year. Though I am looking for a solid night session at Meadows weather permitting. The price is right for that mid-week.

Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Wise idea to leave your pass at home.

It was in my ski jacket in the car. But, I thought it was a bit of a dick move on his part to ask for a season pass. A simple warning was sufficient. Honestly, the lifts were spinning when I started up, and I didn't check the signage at mid-mountain to see if the uphill route was closed. I was just zoned into going uphill. Of course, next time around, I will be sure to check the signage to not have to listen to Patrol lecture me about closed uphill routes.

Kind of Gaper Skinning inbounds on one the biggest weekends of the Season and then calling Patrol a Dickhead. Just my Opinion.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 468
Size:  271.1 KB

Hard to find decent snow today at MHM but gods was in surprisingly good shape.

Name:	IMG_1957.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	361612

Nice! Catcher’s mitt for that wind today...

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Hard to find decent snow today at MHM but gods was in surprisingly good shape.

Name:	IMG_1957.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	361612
    Packed powder glory today. I think I lapped 1.9 and 2 bowls a zillion times today. Still outstanding at 2pm. Bowls held up all day.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by homeeey View Post
    Packed powder glory today. I think I lapped 1.9 and 2 bowls a zillion times today. Still outstanding at 2pm. Bowls held up all day.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Today was just a perfect day. Debated pulling out my Billygoats, but stayed on my J108's and had the time of my life.
    Training for Alpental

The New and improved Oregon 2020/2021 Ski Season Thread

Like to hear some of the wind fucked snow healed overnight. You had to search for turns on Saturday as most of the mountain was scoured/not chalk. Can’t beat the lift lines / traffic on these windy days + SB

Forecast for the end of this week looks fucking bonkers.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    Forecast for the end of this week looks fucking bonkers.
    What forecast are you looking at? It does appear that there's a strong system coming around late Wednesday night into Friday. Haven't seen the details on it though.

What forecast are you looking at? It does appear that there's a strong system coming around late Wednesday night into Friday. Haven't seen the details on it though.
    https://www.windy.com/45.302/-121.75...05,-121.760,14
    Training for Alpental

PR was great yesterday too.. the wind worked magic all over the place it seems

5ft forecasted for Bachelor from Thursday to Sunday lol.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363