Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I hope to make some turns with you and others this year. My most memorable day last year was with thefortrees, k2skier112, and showing LeftyT around on a sneaker powder at Meadows. It was glorious. More of that, please.
    That is in the top 5 of my lift-served skiing days of all time. First through the gates multiple times with chest deep, low density pow... what an awesome day. LeftyT needs to visit more often, he obviously brings the goods with him.

I look forward to meeting the Mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    IMO, the parking policy is the least intrusive way they could have gone about a reservation system. I'm not sure how much it works as a public health measure, but I think it's gonna allow people to ski more than a lottery reservation would. I'm more concerened about Mt.B's community getting its shit together mask/distance wise in order to keep the resort open. All I could think on opening day was "if someone from OHA/etc was actually watching this, we're gonna have a very short season".
    All it takes is a cell vid being posted to social media with a bunch of stoner skiers drinking beer and laughing and shouting in the lift line with no masks for the ski season to come crashing down.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

yeah, bucha selfish fucking assholes out there shirking the mask requirement.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

^^^Thankfully I’ve seen none of that so far.
    Mask compliance has been excellent
    Spacing compliance still needs work among the 25% who lack spacial awareness.
    The first pow day will be interesting, even with metered attendance.

On a positive note, I see at least one parking space came open for tomorrow, which is a supposed to be a snow day. May be a sign of things to come

And a storm is coming - getting snowflakes at 3200’

nice, no reservations needed for now. hopefully the bowl gets going soon so we can spread out more. Arriving pre 8:00 is not my style. I'd much prefer to sleep in and then ride into the evening
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    I normally pick up a Meadows pass and a Ski Bowl night pass. But I was going to sit the season out and not fuck with reservations and the like. But Fusion pass was an added perk of buying the wife a new Subie.

Can we also talk about those park-kid hood.... things? What are those exactly

Willamette Pass opening Saturday (Dec 12th).
    From their website:

We will open for the 20/21 season on Saturday, December 12th.
    At this time operations will be limited due to low snow depth, but as snowfall increases we will continue to open more terrain.
    For the opening weekend rentals and lessons will not be available.

Does anyone in Portland want a XS kids ski helmet that my daughter outgrew? If so, message me. I thought I would see if anyone on here wants it before I give it to the goodwill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A message from Chuck Shepard, Owner of the ‘Doo
    There are many people who feel that masks do not do much good in preventing the spread of an airborne disease. I have seen many doctors and scientists agree with you. However, your team lost the election and the argument in Oregon. Hoodoo is open per the rules of the State of Oregon. If you don’t like those rules, I guess I am with you, but tough luck for us both. We at Hoodoo have promised to obey those rules in order to stay open and so you will always see me with my mask on. You gave up a certain amount of your freedom when you came to a place that is under orders to wear masks in ticket and lift lines, and within six-to-eight feet of others. There are many people, the majority I am guessing, who think masks are important. It is not fair to knowingly ignore this rule.
    https://skihoodoo.com/chuck/

‘Twas fucking firm today and never softened up. Couple hours of fun trying to get up on those edges and angulate like jonesy, but turns out I like deep, soft, low density snow better.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Gotta get yourself a pair of full camber 14m carvers for just those occasions. Can be found cheap.

Have I got the ski for you. Mag discount.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201105_113330_optimized.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	315.6 KB 
ID:	352348
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Hasta Mañana a Tflat.

Chuck needs a participation trophy for doing what ever other business owner in the state is doing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Have I got the ski for you. Mag discount.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201105_113330_optimized.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	315.6 KB 
ID:	352348
    Jonesy knows his carvers
    He hooked me up with a pair of Head TT80s. He has an identical pair. Perfect for hard snow days.
    One day we were both riding them at Bach. Lady riding chair with us commented on matched skis.
    I threw my arms around jonesy, & said “we gifted them to ourselves when we became a committed couple”.
    Jonesy sat there stock still, except for a twitch in his jaw.
    I said “his mustache is so tickely!”
    He spoke not a word until we exited the chair, then he said “god dammit bob”
    I can’t recall him being on those skis since

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Jonesy knows his carvers
    He hooked me up with a pair of Head TT80s. He has an identical pair. Perfect for hard snow days.
    One day we were both riding them at Bach. Lady riding chair with us commented on matched skis.
    I threw my arms around jonesy, & said “we gifted them to ourselves when we became a committed couple”.
    I can’t recall him being on those skis since
    That is funny.

Parking for today is open fyi.

Praise be Ullr. The frozen water cometh! Stoke is high.

I managed to secure an afternoon reservation at Meadows for Sunday. I'll be getting my good friend back on skis. If you're up there, I'll be in a red Trew jacket, gray helmet w/the requisite TGR stickers. Ask for change.

can't make it today or tomorrow
    will be at MHM sun too w/ the boy
    orange jacket, stickered gray helmet high above the crowd

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Now you’re just trying to make me jealous.

Might take those skis... gotta think about it for a day or two

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Now you’re just trying to make me jealous.

Might take those skis... gotta think about it for a day or two
    You wont need them tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    That is funny.

Parking for today is open fyi.
    At the ‘Doo with jonesy and Ben.
    We will See ya Monday

say what? is this a question about headwear or something else entirely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Can we also talk about those park-kid hood.... things? What are those exactly

No rush on the Carvers fort. Hey puma, member when tbs bulldogged us into the wall at the top of NW. Member that....See yall Monday @ the bachelor. The p0w is coming.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Fortunately, its only two to a chair now
    And you two should ride together - you haven't seen each other in a long time, while we did a bunch of MTB rides over the summer/fall.