Size:  54.1 KB
    Name:  powturns2.jpg
Views: 2990
Size:  63.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Silcox?

That's a bit of a hike, no?
    yes & not really, just 1k vert over a mile

TFT, that looks a lot softer than what I found...maybe I should have gone for a walk further east onto 35...?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    TFT, that looks a lot softer than what I found...maybe I should have gone for a walk further east onto 35...?
    Braaaaaappppp

haha loong walk
    oooh, jelly

Alrightttttt so this terrible weather in Utah had me contemplating a trip up to bachelor around the holidays, but it does appear the entire two weeks of parking reservations are blocked off.

So assuming they're doing the same as their powdrcorp sister resorts (snowbird), the parking reservations are just that - for parking. If you can otherwise get up there - you can ski.

Does anyone know what the parking situation outside the resort looks like? Assuming road parking is a no-go? It looks like there's a sno park right across the street, and then another two 5ish miles away. If I got a spot at the the closer one (which will probably be impossible) then I've got it made. The further ones would be a bit more dicey. Either pray for an uber or start the AM with a 5 mile skin....

And of course there are the shuttles from Bend, but im guessing that will be a dumpster fire this year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bachelor.JPG 
Views:	3476 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	349487

Got our reservation for Timberflats on Thanksgiving. Was easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post

Alrightttttt so this terrible weather in Utah had me contemplating a trip up to bachelor around the holidays, but it does appear the entire two weeks of parking reservations are blocked off.

So assuming they're doing the same as their powdrcorp sister resorts (snowbird), the parking reservations are just that - for parking. If you can otherwise get up there - you can ski.

Does anyone know what the parking situation outside the resort looks like? Assuming road parking is a no-go? It looks like there's a sno park right across the street, and then another two 5ish miles away. If I got a spot at the the closer one (which will probably be impossible) then I've got it made. The further ones would be a bit more dicey. Either pray for an uber or start the AM with a 5 mile skin....

And of course there are the shuttles from Bend, but im guessing that will be a dumpster fire this year.

Couple of things:
    1. People can release parking reservations any time before 0700 day-of without penalty. So cancelled reservations will likely pop up during Xmas break. - just need to stay glued to MtBs web page or the app they use. If you’re really working the system you could drive up to Dutchman snow park really early so you are right there if you snag a cancelled reservation.

2. NFW am I gonna be at Mt B over Xmas break during a pandemic. Might as well ride The Petri Dish from Bend park-ride station while yer at it. Or just lick the doorknobs at the St Charles COVID ward instead.

If that ringing endorsement still makes you want to come, consider staying at the Tokyo Starfish Bud & Breakfast above their Arizona St dispo
    https://www.tokyostarfish.com/bud-n-breakfast/

Beautiful pics all around!

Mind the open creeks. Was cruising at dusk in pea soup the other day and had to practice my emergency huck to lawn dart skills. Luckily I had enough speed to clear the 8' deep trench of open water!

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Now is really not the time to be traveling around the country. I believe it is called being a Vector.

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    Now is really not the time to be traveling around the country. I believe it is called being a Vector.
    I know this is the general guidance, but at this point does it really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    Agreed... It is foolish to do so. We are only skiing in Oregon and Washington. PDX is our home. Going to smaller places, that aren't destinations, to avoid crowds and get our turns in. This year, I am more about making turns and being outside and outta the house than scoring stoke points and skiing the gnar. We have our masks and a very stringent covid protocol and bubble. (If we can't get everyone to wear masks and be safe, then we have to manage it for ourselves.)

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post

This is really not the time to be traveling around the country. I believe it is called "being a Vector". Despite what presidump tRump, may have told you, there is a deadly Pandemic killing a thousand Americans a day. And it all comes down to spread by Vectors. And you want to drive a thousand miles so you can avoid the weather at you local areas?!

How about you don't come to my area and risk infecting me and my friends and I promise not to come to SLC and infect you and yours. Seriously... people are dying. Once the plague is over... you will again be welcome. Until then this is a very bad idea.

I'm just here to post that Parkwhiz, the app that Mt Bachelor is using for parking reservations, is a giant pile of flaming excrement.
    Fucking thing spell-checks the email and license plate fields. Then just try to edit the email field...Then try to get an answer from their tech support re: why you can't edit the email field.

Just got an email that T-Line just bailed on their rez system

Timberline
    We are honoring secure reservations through Friday and no one else. Please do not visit through Friday without a reservation.
    yepper

Wise move. We are gonna use our reservation for tomorrow. Mountain looks empty from the webcams. Excited for a bluebird day of cruisin' and railing early season clumsy outta shape gs turns with my sweetheart.

Name:	WAAY+Breaking+News.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	349755
    Hoodoo opener for pass holders, Saturday & Sunday.
    yepper

First few days for passholders only at MHM
    Other ticketing answers here

I sure hope one of the MHM passholder only days can be a nice deep pow day. It could be really nice if they limit access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what manpower Meadows will have ready for the opening, but I am actually hoping for the sunny day to see as much terrain open as possible with CEX to HRM spinning, and wide open cruising for all… definitely don’t want to see storm recovery mode on an opening day. Let the season begin! Woot!

Boom, boom...POW!

Don't know how much snow fell overnight, but my knees sufficed as a good measuring stick.

Great way to start Thanksgiving - Happy Thanksgiving Mags!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Not sure what manpower Meadows will have ready for the opening, but I am actually hoping for the sunny day to see as much terrain open as possible with CEX to HRM spinning, and wide open cruising for all… definitely don’t want to see storm recovery mode on an opening day. Let the season begin! Woot!
    No sun for you, POW!

Name:  850t.99.0000.gif
Views: 965
Size:  126.5 KB

The New and improved Oregon 2020/2021 Ski Season Thread

Son of a Bitch that looks killer!! Well done!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Boom, boom...POW!

Digging the dogo straight line! Wind touched powder in white river. Wind kept us cool on the skinner but otherwise warming up quick.

Name:	IMG_2292.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	349977

Name:	50649426613_825d23e868_o.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	335.5 KB 
ID:	349976