Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2347
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Ding ding ding
    My first time skiing south of Oregon while in Hayward at Merc OB school
    Actually 2nd, I hit up night skiing first evening at Boreal Ridge
    Honestly I wouldn’t have known if I couldn’t see the file name at the bottom of the post.

I did use to ski Tahoe a lot before I moved to Oregon. I love squaw. There is a lot of fun terrain there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spam - selling my 2016 Subie FXT if a mag / mag-family-member needs a ride. Too small for 2 kids and a dog - I just bought a 2013 F250 Crew cab lol.
    Price is flexible especially for mags.
    https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/...370722307.html

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

It has a Lineartronic CVT?

Yeah. It’s the “high torque CVT” so not quite the same as what’s in the 2.5 Foresters. It has paddle shifters for temporary override or a locked simulated full 6 or 8 speed manual mode that lets you better control the torque output if driving in the mountains, on snow etc. Subaru extended warranty on the CVTs from this era to 100k/10 years.

Sadly, IIRC, they stopped making manuals on FXTs when the first SUV body came out in 2009. I had an 09 Forester 5MT that was so fun to drive but an oil burner. Before that I had a 96 Impreza 2.2 hatchback that went to 250k before I sold it, and kept going years after that!

Anyways if you or someone you know are legit interested, don’t be scared of the asking price which I chose based on current supply and what other people are listing at. I of O students moving back here in a couple weeks so I figured to start on the upper end … I’d be pretty flexible with a mag especially knowing that the roof box and snow tire set would be getting proper use!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Speaking of oil burners, I heard Subaru updated the owners manual to state that 1 qt in 3k is acceptable. They opened up tolerances to get better gas mileage (= more oil past rings), plus the CVT increases gas mileage so they dropped the 5spd man
    My 2005 Outback uses maybe 1/2 qt in 3k with 145,00 miles on it with a 5 speed and has had the head gaskets done, so it's good for another 125,000 easy
    I'll test drive a CVT, but being a gear head, I know the lag and lack of durability will now make me buy a different brand. I already had a paid for Subaru I like that uses oil, no need to drop $30k for a different one

Not that I’m trying to push you on this car - just to correct a misconception:
    The 2.0 DIT engine in this one uses a different design than the 2.5 - it’s a closed deck and has never burned a single drop of oil on my copy, and I’ve never heard of other owners having oil issues with it either. That’s including a trip through Death Valley and over the Trans Canada Highway from Calgary to Vancouver. It’s the same engine that was in the BRZ minus turbo, and also the basis for the new Ascent 2.4DIT engine. Direct injection makes the valves possibly somewhat restricted with carbon buildup and I’ve never had a valve cleaning on it as some tuners would do after 60k miles - I am curious how much difference it would make.

The CVT longevity from this era is really the main question mark and fair game for criticism. Once above 2k RPM transmission hesitation is not a problem though, and the turbo makes the thing come to life at 3k RPM so it definitely is more enjoyable to drive in the “sport” or “sport #” throttle modes than “intelligent” because of where it sits in the power band. If I know Im gonna be using a passing lane coming up I’ll make sure the throttle mode is S or S#, click over to manual CVT control, and set the gearing with the paddle shifter so that I’m already revving up to torque before the passing lane opens, then when it does just punch the gas and zero acceleration hesitation because I’m already where the engine is producing the most torque.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

All this Subaru talk! I am in the midst of replacing cam and crank seals, timing belt, water pump, wheel bearings, and exhaust manifold in my 06 OB.

Wish I had the dough for your Forester schralph. Looks like a sweet ride.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    All this Subaru talk! I am in the midst of replacing cam and crank seals, timing belt, water pump, wheel bearings, and exhaust manifold in my 06 OB.

Wish I had the dough for your Forester schralph. Looks like a sweet ride.
    A cam needs replacing?! Worn lobes or seal surface? How many miles?

It's the newest models 2020 and up that I heard tolerances were loosened.
    SM, I know the turbos never used composition head gaskets. It's mainly the longitivity of the CVT that bothers me plus no others options

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Spam - selling my 2016 Subie FXT if a mag / mag-family-member needs a ride. Too small for 2 kids and a dog - I just bought a 2013 F250 Crew cab lol.
    Price is flexible especially for mags.
    https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/...370722307.html
    You bought the F250 because you now have two small kids, or so you can pull that sweet new trailer to The’Doo & MtB?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    You bought the F250 because you now have two small kids, or so you can pull that sweet new trailer to The’Doo & MtB?
    I traded emails with Julie @ Hoodoo yesterday- the Pick 20 RV Program for this upcoming season filled up in April! And they aren’t sure yet if they are going to offer dry camping

I know there is Big Lake Road and Ray Benson, and I can always get bigger batteries to be able to run the furnace blower all night and a generator to keep them topped off … just not the same location though with 2 micro kids in tow. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that enough people “go back to Bachelor” that we can clear the wait list and get closer to Ed Chair!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    A cam needs replacing?! Worn lobes or seal surface? How many miles?
    Not the cam, just the seals. Removing the cam and crank sprocket bolts was a complete PITA! Someone way overtightened them in the past. Nothing that a big fuggin pipe on a 24" breaker bar couldn't handle though.

It has been an endless parade to and from the parts store, but I am almost done. Almost...

Anybody hear if Bachelor will be doing reserved parking again this year?!

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    Anybody hear if Bachelor will be doing reserved parking again this year?!
    OMG I hope not. If restaurants can run at full capacity a ski area should be able to as well.

I hope not too.
    I want my Doo back. (Not that it’s going back to how it was … at least not until the economy craters again)

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I really don't want to have reserved parking!! I live too far away to predict how long a 100 mile drive, on icy mountian roads, will take. I don't even want to think how I would react to having made a slow drive, because I got caught behind every bad driver in that part of the state... to then be told my parking was given away... after I already paid for the right to ski that day!!. I didn't buy a pass last year because of this problem. Thought I wouldn't have this problem this year... but that was before half the country decided to support and promote the plague, as a exercise of wisdom and patriotism. Thanks donnie!!!

Name:  123915914_1243096532719672_7159982799403652159_n.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  45.5 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I hope not too.
    I want my Doo back. (Not that it’s going back to how it was … at least not until the economy craters again)
    😳

I had thought I would get another Hoodoo pass this year, but a bachelor season pass cost me less than a Hoodoo Pass. I think Hoodoo no longer courting my demographic. I suspect this is a result of good management and big crowds. I love hoodoo but the extra high speed lifts, endless terrain, and a season that is 2 months longer at Bach, at less money is persuasive... This year I have a pass for Bachelor.

As to lifts schedules and the end of the world....If I have to die, I would prefer to do it on skis.

^as Schralph said above—> hopefully Hoodoo will be back to old school no crowd days once the economy slows.

$670 for a pass is insanity. No mid-week option.

Bachelor is 10x bigger, 3.6 times more vert… the top of hoodoo is 1200’ below Bachelors parking lot. That’s nuts considering Hoodoos vert is only 1050!!

I’m hoping the prices slim the crowds… I doubt it will happen but I can still hope.

The New and improved Oregon 2020/2021 Ski Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Name:  123915914_1243096532719672_7159982799403652159_n.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  45.5 KB
    Chairlifts at Sierra at Tahoe were literally surrounded by flames last night … And I have so many friends evac’Ed and threatened these next few days.

(Photo KRCA)

But mark my word, the chairlifts will run this season!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

😥

Crazy that the B&B fire up at Hoodoo was almost 20 years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    😥

Crazy that the B&B fire up at Hoodoo was almost 20 years ago now.
    Sure doesn't seem that long ago. The weather for Tahoe is unfavorable right now, prayers for Tahoe Schralph. I went with Bachelor this season. Maybe a few night sessions at the Dew $?.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Anyone know if meadows got the OK to replace MHX with a 6 chair lift?

my link from 2 pages ago is broken. it's still awaiting approval from the forest service iirc

Anyone see the prices for the Fusion pass this year? Not sure what it was last year (free new subie passes) but this year it's $849. Pretty steep for not much steeps. Never thought I would see the day when Fusion pass was pricier than Meadows. I guess skiing isn't for the poors anymore.
    Training for Alpental