Page 65 of 94 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2347
    Geez, with all this teaching the SO talk, I’m grateful I married someone whose parents used the Hoodoo ski school for babysitting so they could be kid free for half a day on weekends ... and we totally plan to do the same

(Good thing I’m #101 on the wait list for an RV spot there )

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I think you've got this turned around. It's not about the SO's ability to handle things, it's yours. By yours I'm referring to anyone contemplating teaching their SO.

Be honest with yourself. Can you give tips and pointers in a way that she/he doesn't lose their shit? Can you spend an entire powder day on the carpet and maybe B Cup without pushing the SO higher before they are ready? If it's not native to your constitution, leave it to the pros. They are paid to be patient.
    Right you are!

I taught for maybe 4 seasons at a tiny midwest bump, most of the kids I taught were so stoked to be there that they didn't need much encouragement. Just some mild pointers here and there. In fact, they mostly needed someone to tell them to throttle it waaaay back.

Adults on the other hand were a real PITA for me. Very few were actually even remotely stoked to be there and didn't want to listen to a snot nosed teenager's guidance. A few runs and they were off to the bar to get sloppy.

I still think that if you both can get through learning to ski together that it bodes well for your relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Geez, with all this teaching the SO talk, I’m grateful I married someone whose parents used the Hoodoo ski school for babysitting so they could be kid free for half a day on weekends ... and we totally plan to do the same

(Good thing I’m #101 on the wait list for an RV spot there )
    When’s the best time to start your kids in ski school?
    When there’s 6” of fresh and you can’t find a babysitter!

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Bachelor spring pass
    Booked some dates for RV lot early April. Can’t wait
    Nice. We are looking at Spring Break in Bend. (April 5 - 9) About to pull the trigger on the spring pass. Parking is secured. Perhaps our Bend locals can put together a socially distanced mini summit together? (Saturday April 10?) In either case, it would be good to get folks together for some turns!

NSR, but anyone know mags that are realtors IRL? Maybe in the PDX metro? Packing up my wagons and heading to more sparsely populated pastures, but need insight into a...situation. PM me?

I can recommend a realtor or three (all non-mag but good peeps) if it's for pdx metro proper
    More regionally for sparsely populated pastures, I don't have reccos
    to be honest, not sure how that works for them
    pm if that's a possibility for you

Corn and laying railroad tracks in the morning... tacky dirt in the evening. February was amazing and March is getting off on the right foot too. Look at the dirt on those tires
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0786.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	263.7 KB 
ID:	365768

Hello Oregonian mags,

I need some maggot help to pick up a purchased pack and ship it to me.

The pack is in the Corvallis area, Springfield, at Peak Oregon store

Willing to pay for the effort

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Nice. We are looking at Spring Break in Bend. (April 5 - 9) About to pull the trigger on the spring pass. Parking is secured. Perhaps our Bend locals can put together a socially distanced mini summit together? (Saturday April 10?) In either case, it would be good to get folks together for some turns!
    Let’s link up. I’ll be with 2 non mag fams in the RV lot. And meeting local peeps. Same dates

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Hello Oregonian mags,

I need some maggot help to pick up a purchased pack and ship it to me.

The pack is in the Corvallis area, Springfield, at Peak Oregon store

Willing to pay for the effort

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Hey Hoarhey-

I live near the Springfield store but not the Corvallis store - they are about an hour apart. Which one is it at?

I have a weird schedule because I take care of our 2 year old and won’t take her indoors anywhere, so I can help but it might not be in a timely manner. If it’s Springfield pm me and I bet we can work something out. Once I ha e the package dropping it off at UPS or USPS will be easy, it’s the pickup process where I’ll need to time it against my schedule.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Name:	20210304_095726.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	532.5 KB 
ID:	365911

Name:	20210304_081947.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	699.1 KB 
ID:	365914
    Big fun @ ALakes. So peaceful.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Didja try to cut the AM lineup again?

OH yea, how was the snow?

No line cutting this trip and the snow was exceptional dry fluffy quality. No lines or traffic on the runs. Snowcat BC tour was closed, covid. Sticker on lift towers. Don't Bend Baker.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

If I had $1 this season for every time I heard a group of rad bros on shifts and shiny new gear talking in the liftline about how they need to book a trip out that way, I’d have at least $20. Tell the dude who made that sticker to get ready because it’s coming

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    If I had $1 this season for every time I heard a group of rad bros on shifts and shiny new gear talking in the liftline about how they need to book a trip out that way, I’d have at least $20. Tell the dude who made that sticker to get ready because it’s coming
    I know your right fortrees.

It’s just like when license plates from the southeast show up and they want to tell us how rad they are at backcountry skiing.

But those are PDX-area folks you are hearing. And they will stick out like a sore thumb in cranberry colored arcteryx. The preferred colorway in NE OR has been carhartt tan since forever.

Don’t Bend Baker ...

It’s not Portland anyone needs to worry about, that’s like saying the Bay Area is gonna take over Shasta City!

But it’s probably gonna happen, albeit slowly ... just way too close to Boise.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

^^^Ive met people at AL who drive over from Boise rather than ski Bogus

The New and improved Oregon 2020/2021 Ski Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    It’s just like when license plates from the southeast show up and they want to tell us how rad they are at backcountry skiing.
    I got rid of my va license plates two years ago, that makes me a crusty local now right?

I got rid of my va license plates two years ago, that makes me a crusty local now right?
    No, but neither is almost anyone else, so sure. Yeah, why not?

Question? Do you have to be born "there", does 10-20-30 yrs count or just an attitude to have local status.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^Ive met people at AL who drive over from Boise rather than ski Bogus
    Less Carhartt more designer clothes(Boise) this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Question? Do you have to be born "there", does 10-20-30 yrs count or just an attitude to have local status.
    At what level do you define "there"?
    State?
    County?

Depends on who you ask, I believe, or from which bailiwick you now hail. There are certainly those who would say that I, with my twenty and four years of residence, still bear the marks of an outsider. I tend to agree, for my Montana upbringing largely defines me. Would that I could return to that land of yore, I would pack but a bag and several pair of ski, leaving the rest for the Oregonians to divvy amongst themselves. Onward!!!