Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2347
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1599 (2).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	389126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1609 (2).jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	389127
    Soon

Below is my message to the Bend FS and their response regarding fast tracks.

Hello,

I am writing to express my disappointment in the Forest Service allowing ski resorts to implement policies that give preferential access to public lands based on income and ability to afford expensive upgrades. The Mt. Bachelor fast pass, and by extension their preferential paid parking, is the antithesis of equitable access to public lands. Visitation to national forest lands based on your own data already skews heavily to higher income brackets, the fast pass will only make those metrics worse. Please act proactively to enforce Mt. Bachelor's ski area permit, and follow through on the spirit of US public lands providing equitable access to all citizens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FS Response:

Thank you for your message. Under the Special Use Permit that authorizes Mt. Bachelor to operate on the Deschutes National Forest, the Forest Service has oversight regarding activities on the grounds and facilities of the resort. However, our authorities under the special use permit allow us only to review proposed pricing plans in light of availability for purchase and comparable offerings in other locations. Our staff reviewed the Fast Tracks proposal and concluded that a Fast Tracks pass would be in compliance with Mt. Bachelor’s permit; the proposed pass would be available to all visitors and the price is not significantly different than prices charged for similar services at other ski areas.

Nonetheless, we understand that skiers have concerns regarding the potential impact of a Fast Tracks pass might have on their experience at Mt. Bachelor. The Deschutes National Forest works in partnership with Mt. Bachelor on all operational issues. We will share the information you provided in order to help them make management decisions in the future. Thanks again for reaching out to us and sharing your thoughts.

Local news on FT. Not that anyone cares.
    https://ktvz.com/news/government-pol...-pass-holders/
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I think the real solution is snowball attacks on Fast Track holders, as suggested up thread. Probably more effective than trying to have a conversation with the management.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I think the real solution is snowball attacks on Fast Track holders, as suggested up thread. Probably more effective than trying to have a conversation with the management.
    Point taken. However, that mght lead to the end of someones ski privileges for the day.
    Name:  Screenshot_20211015-133243_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  54.4 KB
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Indeed. I have always thought the summit lineup hours before the lift opens was funny. Add the FT where those that waited for hours get to watch the FT's ski up and on in front of them as the lifts load would take it to the next level of humor.
    Would make for a great time lapse sequence in a Warren Miller film of old. A bunch of local ski bums with well worn gear and clothing lined up for two hours. Then we see a bunch of shiny new, fancy pants rich folk ski up, with a big Fast Tracks Pass medallion hanging from the neck, and just ski right on as load up commences. All the local yokalls looking around at each other, and then start to throw sticks and stones at the FTP'ers. Mayhem ensues. (It's Warren Miller, so got to keep it PG with very little blood.)
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Point taken. However, that mght lead to the end of someones ski privileges for the day.
    Name:  Screenshot_20211015-133243_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  54.4 KB
    Back in the day, the Arcata (CA) coop’s motto was “Food for people not for profit.” A couple of our logging crews’ crummies had modified stickers saying “People for Food, Not for Profit”.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    As Jonesy said, throwing objects can be construed as Assault, and it’s probable one of the FTWs will be a lawyer. Consequences could be severe.

A better solution IMO is to enlist those kids you see with speakers hanging off their packs. Get them to play various songs, loudly, when the FTWs get loaded first thing in the AM. Some options:
    - Send in the Clowns
    - Who Let The Dogs Out
    - Money (Pink Floyd)
    - Money (Beatles)
    I’m sure there are many others

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Would make for a great time lapse sequence in a Warren Miller film of old. A bunch of local ski bums with well worn gear and clothing lined up for two hours. Then we see a bunch of shiny new, fancy pants rich folk ski up, with a big Fast Tracks Pass medallion hanging from the neck, and just ski right on as load up commences. All the local yokalls looking around at each other, and then start to throw sticks and stones at the FTP'ers. Mayhem ensues. (It's Warren Miller, so got to keep it PG with very little blood.)
    First camera is positioned just uphill from the lift base to catch the FTWs duckwalking & sidestepping up the ramp past the proletariat.
    Cut to Camera 2 (just below the ramp deck on the GetBack) as first skis, and then bodies start flying over the barrier

Want your skis, go get them.

I wonder if lift crews will mix/match say, a group of two FTWs with two proletariat singles to fill out a chair.
    That could lead to some interesting conversations on the ride up

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    A couple hours from Bend and riding MTB this afternoon. Funner Tiddly the best?

Shuttles go this time of year in Oakridge on weekdays?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Anyone so pissed they're getting a refund on their MtB season pass?

Doesn't effect me. If there're lines, its the bar or the car. So no refund here.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    A couple hours from Bend and riding MTB this afternoon. Funner Tiddly the best?

Shuttles go this time of year in Oakridge on weekdays?

Yeah that’s probably your ticket. Sad as that is.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Yeah Funner > Tiddly > Funner DH. Fun for sure, but pretty flat.

Just shuttled Lawler. Wet and amazing. Doing Larison in an hour. My second time at Oakridge. The trails here are so fucking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Yeah Funner > Tiddly > Funner DH. Fun for sure, but pretty flat.

Just shuttled Lawler. Wet and amazing. Doing Larison in an hour. My second time at Oakridge. The trails here are so fucking good.

Oh sorry, didn’t realize your post was from yesterday. Oakridge is top notch. Glad you’re getting some there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2021 Eugene Ski Swap

This weekend Oct 21-24

Name:  Picture1.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  86.5 KB

http://www.eugeneskiswap.org/

https://www.slopefillers.com/mt-bachelor-free-skiing/

Looks like they're making the beginner Early Riser lift at Bachelor free for all who visit. Obviously doesn't mean much to anyone vested enough to be on this forum, but a good "first hit is free" way of getting new people into the sport.

Real or plastic turds in the richy rich line could be of use. Kind of astonishing that if you buy a day ticket that could cost as much as $169, that you need to pay another $50 or you only rate a place in the poverty line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post

Looks like they're making the beginner Early Riser lift at Bachelor free for all who visit. Obviously doesn't mean much to anyone vested enough to be on this forum, but a good "first hit is free" way of getting new people into the sport.
    Damn my secret stashes are in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post

Its good news to me. I can take my 7 yr old daughter up there and ride that with her fir a day. Lift tickets and passes get really expensive when you start buying them for the whole family and not just yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went and picked up the season pass. Took the pooch with me for a stroll.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Name:  Bachelor Oct 26.JPG
Views: 704
Size:  58.8 KB

^ The stick of truth.

Name:  weather1.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  21.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Name:  Bachelor Oct 26.JPG
Views: 704
Size:  58.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    ^ The stick of truth.

Name:  weather1.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  21.8 KB
    My ski pants are tight. Why is this happening?