Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2347
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    It’s always inspiring to see fathers take an active interest in their kids lives...
    I will ponder the appropriate price for keeping this revelation from your brilliant and charming, cranberry-colored-jacket-wearing wife
    i've heard #cranberryrage is real

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    ... go explore and you’ll find some really nice lines. ...
    The last time I went exploring at Tline, I ended up at Little ZigZag TH. As I contemplate a long walk ahead, forest/trail maintenance crew come by. He asked - “were there any fallen trees blocking the trail?”, Me “NOPE”. They dropped me off Govy and I caught a ride up to Tline in the pu truck/camper with a few other boarders - of course I got hot-boxed! Anyway, it was a good day to go exploring ...although accidently.

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    The last time I went exploring at Tline, I ended up at Little ZigZag TH. As I contemplate a long walk ahead, forest/trail maintenance crew come by. He asked - “were there any fallen trees blocking the trail?”, Me “NOPE”. They dropped me off Govy and I caught a ride up to Tline in the pu truck/camper with a few other boarders - of course I got hot-boxed! Anyway, it was a good day to go exploring ...although accidently.
    Yeah, going too far past the Western boundary can be... interesting or dangerous. The fall line out that way takes you away from the resort boundary, so you gotta cut back skiers left and traverse back inbounds before getting too far downhill. There are some signs in the trees and usually tracks leading back but can be easily missed on a powder day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    It's a full Mid-week until the end of the season. Except, it doesn't start until Marc 1st. Meadows is forecasting to close May 1st. And typically Meadows is not open all week in April. They also usually shut down night skiing.

And it's over 200 bucks.

The more I find the good spots at T-line. The less I miss Meadows.
    I'm happy for you. Keep discovering and don't tell nobody. Not only are there goods at Tflat, but the vibe is way more chill. Even with lift lines, I've never waited more than 5 minutes.

Yeah, going too far past the Western boundary can be... interesting or dangerous. The fall line out that way takes you away from the resort boundary, so you gotta cut back skiers left and traverse back inbounds before getting too far downhill. There are some signs in the trees and usually tracks leading back but can be easily missed on a powder day.
    I've found that a pair of skins can help one get back to the resort. (in summer it is one hell of a glorious ski from Illumination saddle to the tree line.)

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    the vibe is way more chill.
    I agree. I love Tline in spring time. With little effort, I can get over 6,000 vertical feet of uninterrupted skiing.

This year 6 new on Palmer in May. It can happen.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    It’s always inspiring to see fathers take an active interest in their kids lives...
    I will ponder the appropriate price for keeping this revelation from your brilliant and charming, cranberry-colored-jacket-wearing wife
    LOL. Feel free to mention to her. While I bear much of the blame here, I do have excuses:

1. Presidents day was Monday.
    2. I was not with the family at the new place, but with the movers at the old place.
    3. My better half was ALL over me to get internet connection at the new place nailed down for Tuesday morning so that my son could engage in remote learning.
    4. Wednesday is a day off from school every week...
    5. Remote learning sucks
    6. Work has been full on since I got "back"

All excuses and when you tell her about this at the next opportunity, I will say none of the above, and agree it was my failing!

Been there, done that... Ended up in govy with a mile walk to the bus stop while carrying some heavy ass on3ps. It's not worth it.

It's a full Mid-week until the end of the season. Except, it doesn't start until Marc 1st. Meadows is forecasting to close May 1st. And typically Meadows is not open all week in April. They also usually shut down night skiing.

And it's over 200 bucks.

The more I find the good spots at T-line. The less I miss Meadows.
    I keep thinking that a bunch of stupid chimps are running MHM. Perhaps I'm just too hard on them - but it really seems like they are doing everything to cut costs this season, and do as little as possible, while milking every dollar they can. All while saying "We're being so very safe, and not selling all the tickets we can, please feel so sorry for us!" (While actually selling everything they can, and running as few lifts as possible, as badly as possible.)

Like over and over they fail to gravel the access road. (It's like they've never seen anyone get stuck before, and they've been running the resort for how long?) Yeah, ODOT does it, but MHM could do it, if they cared. I've seen them do it before - just not often and never, this year.
    Or, a couple of Wednesdays ago, a 9" pow day, they have ONE BUS serving the sunrise lot for the morning crew. It took ages to get up to the main lot. (You'd never expect to fill Sunrise on a pow day, right?!)
    Or, every week-day (seems like weekends too, though I'm not sure), at 3p or so, the maze control folks just disappear, and it's an ugly mess. (How about removing all except one lane each side then? Then it could self-manage ok.)
    There's probably a million other examples, but those are at the top of my mind...

I dunno, perhaps I just have a bad attitude and am getting old and cranky.

Afternoon/night skiing laps anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Afternoon/night skiing laps anybody?

Right? It's gonna be great.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Right? It's gonna be great.
    Yep, headed to Bowl in about an hour...

Quote Originally Posted by litespeed View Post
    Been there, done that... Ended up in govy with a mile walk to the bus stop while carrying some heavy ass on3ps. It's not worth it.
    You must took the glade trail down. Before COVID, I used to park at Summit lot and hitchhike to Tline to hike a bit and take the Alpine trail down to my car …no more than 10 steps.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    I dunno, perhaps I just have a bad attitude and am getting old and cranky.
    Not probably but most definitely …yes, you’re getting older! I was actually glad to see Heather chair not spinning yesterday, with canyon open from Moon down ...I found untracked in JW late into the afternoon. But I know how you feel in general about lines and crowd managements, etc. This year I can’t ski Meadows unless I’m heavily sedated and in dazed state.

Name:  20191007_142723.png
Views: 351
Size:  218.3 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I was just laughing about this the other day w/ a friend that works at T-Line. We both agreed that everyone saying T-Line is flat “isn’t looking around.” Sure, the groomers are all fairly tame and unintimidating but go explore and you’ll find some really nice lines. The only “gotcha” is a lack of sustained steeps but if they ever do build the new gondola and open the new terrain between T-Line and Summit that will change somewhat.

eta: thinking about hitting the Bowl this afternoon for a few hours, will be on the Caylor’s wearing a Virtika jacket w/ teal sleeves and palm leaf print on the body. Say “hi!” If you’re there...
    #makecaylorsgreatagain #bringbackcaylors
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Name:  20191007_142723.png
Views: 351
Size:  218.3 KB
    Ha! Yes, this!
    LOL

This year I can’t ski Meadows unless I’m heavily sedated and in dazed state.

Maybe that's my problem, not enough sedation!

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  8.1 KB
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Please though?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  8.1 KB
    Oy..

What's the deal with Heather Canyon at Meadows this year? I've noticed a whole bunch for "Avalanche" signs in there. Are they covering their butts by calling it avy terrain or something? I know it's always been a bit sketch back there from time to time, but do we need to start treating it like backcountry (avy kit, partner, etc?)?

Quote Originally Posted by ski_adk View Post
    What's the deal with Heather Canyon at Meadows this year? [snip] do we need to start treating it like backcountry (avy kit, partner, etc?)?
    YES

Skied my Caylors for the first time this year at ski bowl on Tuesday. Forget how much fun those are on just about everything. Make the chopped up crud effortless

Quote Originally Posted by ski_adk View Post
    What's the deal with Heather Canyon at Meadows this year? I've noticed a whole bunch for "Avalanche" signs in there. Are they covering their butts by calling it avy terrain or something? I know it's always been a bit sketch back there from time to time, but do we need to start treating it like backcountry (avy kit, partner, etc?)?
    It's avalanche terrain and a drainage for avalanche terrain.

Here is some stuff the scare you.

https://www.google.com/search?q=heat...HYaHRUiwaAm7eM
    Training for Alpental