Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    you luggin' around an actual camera K2? Pics look good.

hey yeah what is this quality?

Checking into keep an eye on yall shifty neighbors

It's a rugged camera. New for this season a Fuji XP140. Just a basic point and shoot

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Keep saying that. Then all my little Timberflats stashes are safe. There'll be a good spell when it is going off at skibowl. Especially in a La Nina year. Damn climate change though is fucking with the snow levels and shortening the ski bowl season.
    Ski Bowl doesn't open until 3 PM midweek. So i can ratfuck all your stashes, go have a cocktail, and then hit Ski Bowl opening.

Since I'll be in the groove I'll move over to Meadows come spring time. Maybe Mattig can provide me some good wiskey.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Ski Bowl doesn't open until 3 PM midweek. So i can ratfuck all your stashes, go have a cocktail, and then hit Ski Bowl opening.

Since I'll be in the groove I'll move over to Meadows come spring time. Maybe Mattig can provide me some good wiskey.
    Right on. I love that about the upper bowl. To be able to work a day remotely. Load the car while working and drive up to end the day with a few hours of untouched pow at twilight is pretty damned awesome.
    Last edited by CnRzG; 12-02-2020 at 07:42 PM.

The New and improved Oregon 2020/2021 Ski Season Thread

Corn cycle and crowds for the weekend?

The kid will get to ski his new stix on sat

See y’all lapping sun laps on CSX

Mashed potato snow today and some awesome light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Ode to Ms TBS, the best, smartest wife in Central OR, if not the entire PNW.

This Bachelor parking reservations thing was driving me nuts. I got reservations for the first five days. Now I can’t get free parking until Jan 11! So much for the strategy of reserve & cancel.

Mt B mgt tells me they will make more parking available “the week of”. How much more and when they make those slots available to reserve is a gi-fucking-gantic TBD. The poor person I talked with today was pretty frustrated with the lack of guidance as well. “I totally get it. At least you’re being nice about this” they said. “I had some guy earlier today yelling at me and said he was calling his lawyer. And I just heard that we are the only resort in the USA doing this parking reservation thing. Great...”

So, the question became one of
    - do I ditch my MtB pass (gotta do by 12/15, IF I don’t use it before) and pick up a Hoodoo pass for $200 less, or
    - do I just Trust In The Lord and MtB Mgt that parking will be magically become available when needed M-F?

So I’m explaining my dilemma to Ms TBS, with all the variables - better snow at MtB, Hoodoo closer but closed Mon-Tues, no parking reservations req’d at The ‘Doo, MtB will likely be more crowded, impact of La Niña, yada^3...

And she sez
    “Why not keep your Bachelor pass and go buy a Hoodoo pass too?”

Brilliant!

Love ya darlin’

The New and improved Oregon 2020/2021 Ski Season Thread

Get this shit rectified by spring break - visitors wanna visit

And tailgate

Anyone know when the meadows lots are filling up during the week? Heading up tomorrow and I have a 730 call that I need to plan cell reception around.

Went hunting for the last remaining soft turns yesterday. Mission successful but took some strateg-ery after the warm temps and wind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3C83A793-43D0-419B-98B3-41D807B22FF7.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	351086

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    Anyone know when the meadows lots are filling up during the week? Heading up tomorrow and I have a 730 call that I need to plan cell reception around.
    I don’t think they are filling up tight now since they are limiting capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    With tomorrows conditions, you shouldn't have a problem. Today at 7:30, the 3rd row (of doubles) wasn't even full yet. But this is the first weekend so...but it's still passholders only

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    I don’t think they are filling up tight now since they are limiting capacity.
    Main lot filled up Monday for sure, and Tue or Wed (forget which day). I met a friend on Monday who had to shuttle from Sunrise, and I saw the 'main lot full' notice on their website for the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    it's still passholders only
    https://www.skihood.com/en/about-us/...-for-this-week

spring conditions tomorrow?
    i'm guessing it will be busy

"Main lot full at 10:22", just now.

What kind of masks are people wearing and does MHM have any guidelines on what qualifies as a proper mask? Like, if it is a storm day, does a thin balaclava count as a mask?

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    What kind of masks are people wearing and does MHM have any guidelines on what qualifies as a proper mask? Like, if it is a storm day, does a thin balaclava count as a mask?
    I went yesterday and Monday. It seems like having your mouth and nose covered in the lift line is the extent of it. I wore a wool balaclava yesterday and it was sufficient.

Small lines & happy faces @ the Dew.

Name:	20201204_102303.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	439.0 KB 
ID:	351154
    Fast, Fun & Firm~Like my women.

Name:	20201204_095805.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	351155
    Sweet local vibe at this hill & TbS has stepped up in local status.
    yepper

Yup a good first 70 minutes. Until that slow-mo ice block hit
    Looking forward to Monday @ theBatch

Another monolith siting, with some guy lurking around offering kids candy

Name:	IMG_0297.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	649.0 KB 
ID:	351181

^^^ That is some funny and relevant shit. Got a good laugh out of that. Was just wondering what happened to Jonesy today, radio silence from that guy. Let him know he can borrow my free candy van anytime. Complete with exterior padlocks, plywood sleeping platform, LED mood lighting, and a 5 gallon water jug inside.

Name:	C688AEBD-D038-4114-9F1C-B860F111811A.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	396.0 KB 
ID:	351196

Sweet, the White cargo van. So many dark memories. I'll see you Monday @ the bachelor.
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Main lot filled up Monday for sure, and Tue or Wed (forget which day). I met a friend on Monday who had to shuttle from Sunrise, and I saw the 'main lot full' notice on their website for the other day.
    I agree with you that the main lot fills up but I don’t think you have to worry about all of meadows lots filling up.

Jonesy et al, I made it official with a Mountain Dew pass for this winter. Pregnant wife wants me to get as much skiing as I can before the 2nd kid comes in May ... I dunno how well that’s gonna work out for her being at home with a giant belly chasing the two year old around all day when conditions are good enough to ski opening chair to dusk, or if I get stuck behind a 5 hour to clear mudslide that blocks 126, but hey she told me to I get the pass so I took the offer before we could think twice about it!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell