Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2347
    Jonesy is modest in his skiing ability.

Please post pics of perfect railroad tracks in groomer trenchton. That is all.

The steady rise in price, for a day skiing, is clear evidence of what maga is all about. Breath deep and enjoy your god given freedom to be straight armed by money.

Quote Originally Posted by atree View Post
    Wtf. Who’s the db who thought this was a good idea? Has this been implemented at other resorts? The forecast calls for pain.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I saw a tahoe area resort do it. I think it was sierra but not 100% sure about it. Just another shit idea coming out of CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    What happens when you have 100 Fastpassers in line for Summit on a bluebird 20" blower pow day? Do they let all 100 load up before all us non-FP wankers? Or will they let a few groups of 4 go, and then a group of losers go?
    All interesting questions
    Given how early people line up for early bluebird tracks on Summit, I don’t think the FTFs will be treated lovingly, esp. if any of them have trouble getting up the ramp or don’t want to ride a full chair.

You almost have to laugh. Although I'd never heard of this being done before, it does not surprise me. I am sure there will be people who will pay it. Based on Facebook posts, it looks like many Bend "locals" are up in arms. How many of them do NOT buy a pass would be interesting to know. My guess, very few. I am pretty sure management will look back after the season and see this as a successful revenue generator.

Interesting questions on implementation. I'd guess they have not gotten that far. While I do not plan to buy one, I don't plan to heckle or throw snowballs at those that do. Maybe I'll change my tune on a huge powder day with massive lines and but for a mere 50 extra, straight to the head of the line...

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    You almost have to laugh. Although I'd never heard of this being done before, it does not surprise me. I am sure there will be people who will pay it. Based on Facebook posts, it looks like many Bend "locals" are up in arms. How many of them do NOT buy a pass would be interesting to know. My guess, very few. I am pretty sure management will look back after the season and see this as a successful revenue generator.

Interesting questions on implementation. I'd guess they have not gotten that far. While I do not plan to buy one, I don't plan to heckle or throw snowballs at those that do. Maybe I'll change my tune on a huge powder day with massive lines and but for a mere 50 extra, straight to the head of the line...
    There was a year or two where Crystal gave early ups to season pass holders. An extra 30 minutes load up on the Gondy to ride Green Valley. I think it was for a limited period during the winter. But my memory is hazy on the whole thing.

The Bachy ownership group mindset it to very vocally and loudly say to the local Bachelor season pass holder to go F themselves. We want your money, but we want to milk the rich tourons for more money and the season pass holder expense.

Personally, I can think of one day last year where paying the $50 would have been worth not waiting 45 minutes at the bottom of NWX.

I'm just waiting for Bachelor to carve out a couple hundred parking spots at West Village and Sunrise and charge $40 for close in parking.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

There was a year or two where Crystal gave early ups to season pass holders. An extra 30 minutes load up on the Gondy to ride Green Valley. I think it was for a limited period during the winter. But my memory is hazy on the whole thing.

The Bachy ownership group mindset it to very vocally and loudly say to the local Bachelor season pass holder to go F themselves. We want your money, but we want to milk the rich tourons for more money and the season pass holder expense.

Personally, I can think of one day last year where paying the $50 would have been worth not waiting 45 minutes at the bottom of NWX.

I'm just waiting for Bachelor to carve out a couple hundred parking spots at West Village and Sunrise and charge $40 for close in parking.
    Your wait is over?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F6936FED-9A79-46A5-BC19-8FF4F624057E.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	311.4 KB 
ID:	388602

Puma has changed his tune now that he’s no longer a local…

Wonder how many early-ups they will give the season pass holders this year? Think it was three last year?

Anybody know where the paid parking @SR is located?

A long-time mountain ambassador told me last weekend that Bachy mgt is not happy until they grab a departing guest, turn him upside down, hold him by his ankles and shake him, and no money falls out…

This isn't new. Whistler, Jackson, and more recently, Big Sky, have all been doing this. Welcome to the big league.

All snark aside, it makes sense, even if it sucks for the rest of us skiing proletariat. Just look at the demographic moving to Central Oregon, the money they bring, and the rate at which they've skyrocketed real estate prices. An extra fistful of twenties isn't a thing for them and Bachelor management knows this. And mark my words; there will be piles of people lined up to pay for such access. I won't be on, however.

With all this 'profit maximization,' I hope all these resorts and ski corps stockpile money for when the industry craters in 25 years when everyone with money ages out and the economy has been in the shitter for the past eight years.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Your wait is over?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F6936FED-9A79-46A5-BC19-8FF4F624057E.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	311.4 KB 
ID:	388602
    No parking reservation bullshit? I'm in for that. I'll actually be able to ski Bachy this year, for which I'm stoked, FT not withstanding.

I think they already offer the close parking at a premium.

Yeah, they are certainly not worried about season pass holders. I am guessing they know they've got you, and know you are going to buy a pass if you live in Bend. (No offense to the Hoodoo folks, have had some phenomenal turns there, but I'd not have a pass there if I lived in Bend...)

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Puma has changed his tune now that he’s no longer a local…

Wonder how many early-ups they will give the season pass holders this year? Think it was three last year?

Anybody know where the paid parking @SR is located?

A long-time mountain ambassador told me last weekend that Bachy mgt is not happy until they grab a departing guest, turn him upside down, hold him by his ankles and shake him, and no money falls out…
    For the record, I wish I was still a local...

Yeah, they are certainly not worried about season pass holders. I am guessing they know they've got you, and know you are going to buy a pass if you live in Bend. (No offense to the Hoodoo folks, have had some phenomenal turns there, but I'd not have a pass there if I lived in Bend...)
    After having the best year in their long history, Hoodoo increased their season pass price to $450 with no discount for being a "seasoned veteran". Not worth it for a five day/week, 1000' vertical, 600 acre resort that's a shitshow three of those days

I think they already offer the close parking at a premium.

Well, damn, they have covered all the bases then.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Bend Overgon
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Bend Overgon
    Bend; living at its best (and BRING MONEY!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Bend; living at its best (and BRING MONEY!)
    Welcome to Bend
    Bring your money
    Leave your daughters
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Welcome to Bend
    Bring your money
    Leave your daughters
    And here's your GOTOS starter kit

This is just a horrible picture. I can't see a damn thing with all those white smudge marks!

Remember, it’s $50 minimum. On those days it’s gonna be $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Remember, it’s $50 minimum. On those days it’s gonna be $$$
    Right, Dynamic pricing!

This is just a horrible picture. I can't see a damn thing with all those white smudge marks!
    Here's a better shot, without all the smears.
    Name:  brunotop.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  55.2 KB

Here's a better shot, without all the smears.
    Name:  brunotop.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  55.2 KB
    Thanks, I can almost see the alien spacecraft entering the upper Cascade Mtn. atmosphere.

Thanks, I can almost see the alien spacecraft entering the upper Cascade Mtn. atmosphere.
    He's off course, UFOS land at Shasta.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...a-spirituality

UFOs also congregate at the Oregon Vortex
    http://www.oregonvortex.com/science.htm

Might I propose a mag meetup in hood river to make some turns at meadows then head over to the alien landing site/spiritual cortex in trout lake?

https://www.eceti.org/