Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2347
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Snoqualmie Pass closed
    White Pass closed today too
    Stevens pass, too

Rode the lift yesterday with a Seattle resident who asked if Summit lift every ran. I told him it's just there so that Bachelor can claim more skiable acres.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that it also gives them vertical to boast about. Sort of like Northwest going so far down the mountain. That lift would beSO MUCH BETTER, if it had not gone so far down the mountain. But, with the current configuration, Bachelor can claim that it has 3,000 feet of vert. And we all have to ride on long, flatish run outs to get to the base of North West.

It also provides a fig leaf justification for advertising NOAA weather forecasts, that are based on elevations that are above every lift except Summit. Even if Summit only runs one out of 10 days. Which is not to say, that when Summit does run, it isn't a lot of fun to ski. It is just a pretty bogus snow condition indicator on most days.
    Last edited by snojones; 02-23-2021 at 08:28 AM.

bAcHl0r was soggy today, CSS vis but snow was creamy. 2 laps & done.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Strong disagree on NWX. The lower bit is often the most fun part. You scared of a little catrack? Also if you're checking NOAA forecasts for ski weather you're gonna have a bad time.

Very very wet today. Rode lifts with some CO residents who had never experienced skiing in the rain, very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Strong disagree on NWX. The lower bit is often the most fun part. You scared of a little catrack? Also if you're checking NOAA forecasts for ski weather you're gonna have a bad time.
    Yeah, if the lift terminal was not where it is, we wouldn't have all that access around the volcano.

Very very wet today. Rode lifts with some CO residents who had never experienced skiing in the rain, very entertaining.
    Rode the lift a few weeks back with someone from Park City. I mentioned the word rime, and she asked what that was. About 20 seconds later we hit the rime, and her goggles rimed up. I said, "that's rime."

She had never skied in the PNW before. So, I welcomed her to Bachelor and suggested that she pick up a goggle squeegee first chance she got.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

They had also never heard of "low light lenses". Welcome to the PNWet.

I've actually worn my bright-light lenses almost 7 times this seasons so far, so I consider that a success.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Yeah, if the lift terminal was not where it is, we wouldn't have all that access around the volcano.
    FLATCHELOR

They had also never heard of "low light lenses". Welcome to the PNWet.

I've actually worn my bright-light lenses almost 7 times this seasons so far, so I consider that a success.
    Storm lens FTW.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Toad, when I put my Haber fan on my Vice goggles they still fogged. Sigh. I really like those Rose Storm Flash Chromapop lenses

So I’m using 10-12 year old Dragon DX goggles with persimmon storm flash lenses that are scratched to hell ...

On Bluebird days I quite like the Haber Blue Mirror flash lenses, pretty good optical clarity, just too dark for Storm days, and I can’t handle the monochrome optic Orange lenses they make ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Toad, when I put my Haber fan on my Vice goggles they still fogged. Sigh. I really like those Rose Storm Flash Chromapop lenses

So I’m using 10-12 year old Dragon DX goggles with persimmon storm flash lenses that are scratched to hell ...

On Bluebird days I quite like the Haber Blue Mirror flash lenses, pretty good optical clarity, just too dark for Storm days, and I can’t handle the monochrome optic Orange lenses they make ...
    Yeah, I've had some fogging issues with the Vice and the Haber fan. I have to really manage my body heat when the temps are in the upper 20's. But I really like that Chromapop Storm lens on that goggle. I have a pair of Oakley Yellow storm lenses, but they just don't have the contrast of the Smith Storm lenses.

Whiners go home
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1614057937.962903.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	364449
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Yeah, I've had some fogging issues with the Vice and the Haber fan. I have to really manage my body heat when the temps are in the upper 20's. But I really like that Chromapop Storm lens on that goggle. I have a pair of Oakley Yellow storm lenses, but they just don't have the contrast of the Smith Storm lenses.

When it comes to storm riding. Oakley begins and ends with Prizm Hi Pink.
    Training for Alpental

MtB temps in the teens, wind gusts mid 20’s on west side, mid 40s CCX
    Everything but SRX & Rainbow are on hold for de-icing
    But sunny!

Looks like we got another pretty sick storm system coming through thursday-friday then bluebird on saturday Can't wait to spend all day waiting in lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    When it comes to storm riding. Oakley begins and ends with Prizm Hi Pink.
    I am completely in love with this lens. I can't believe I almost sent these back because they didn't look as good as the Smiths in my living room. On the mountain, though, they're better. The clincher is that if you do a bad job of clipping your Airbrake XL lenses completely into the little nodule, they will sit about half a millimeter proud of the frame, thus drastically improving airflow and almost 100% eliminating fogging. I can keep my mask on (OR ubertube) and ski for 3-4 hours with no fog on days where everyone else is "goggles off" in lift lines, and I'm a hot, humid, sweaty ass bastard.

Any recs for a good bootfitter in Bend area. I've been seeing Greg up in HR for a while now, and probably still will, but thinking about saving the drive and rolling the dice on someone down here.

if you ever thought about joining mhsp, they are doing tryouts in march
    http://mthoodskipatrol.org/www/pmwik....JoinThePatrol

Haven't seen Shasta yet. Should have named him Tumalo or Cinder though.

Yeah, because Mango and Banyan sound so CO

Jonesy summed up the day quite eloquently at 1015 @ top CCX
    “It is too fucking cold”

Artic conditions. 18°/20-25 mph West wind>about 0°. In the trees minus the frozen chicken heads was fun for the Cavaliers of adventure. Groomers were exquisite for fis sl. Spitting flakes at 1430.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

MHM was storm skiing ghost town perfection today. Only challenging spots I found were down in fright trees.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    MHM was storm skiing ghost town perfection today. Only challenging spots I found were down in fright trees.
    Duuuuude! Lucky bastard.

Any recs for a good bootfitter in Bend area. I've been seeing Greg up in HR for a while now, and probably still will, but thinking about saving the drive and rolling the dice on someone down here.
    See Mark or Chris in the Mt Bachelor ski shop, both know their way around a boot press. Make an appointment before you arrive. Don’t bother in Bend.
    Crippled but free, I was blind all the time, I was learning to 'ski'.

The best backcountry advice ever given on the TGR forums:

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    Tits are a good thing, if making a good decision so you can live to see tits again is all that motivates you then so be it!!!