Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2347
    Are Intermediate Recreational Skiers invited? Asking for a friend.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

You are not an intermediate. And fwiw, I have only been there on fresh powder days when much of it wasn't ready to ski. So, we skied that North facing ridge. Run.. after run... after glorious run.

My Oz story is this:

In 2009, I went there on 3/9. We got to the trailhead... only to find that the cat had sprung a hydraulic leak somewhere. Had to wait a couple hours while other guides went back to get the needed parts and tools. They got the thing running. Aaaaaaaand... to make it worth our while we had an amazing bluebird powder day that went all the way to that memorable march sunset. Oz was a mensch.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Not gonna lie, sounds fun. Love me a good challenge
    Is that a call out? If it is I choose the task.
    Beers @ high noon.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    We should do a 2022 Mag meetup at Mount Bailey Snowcats! (I miss OZ and was lucky ski with him a few times. We could rent the whole cat. I bet we could do a gofundme.
    Maybe a gofundme to get jonesy a pair of skis wider than 80mm?

Happy Valentine's tbs....my only friend.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    We should do a 2022 Mag meetup at Mount Bailey Snowcats! (I miss OZ and was lucky ski with him a few times. We could rent the whole cat. I bet we could do a gofundme.
    I would be into that. Not that we'd have a problem filling, but I can take care of two spots, perhaps 3.

Never been above tree line on Bailey — it would be cool to hit that NE face down to the lake

saw this from yesterday
    https://nwac.us/public-obs/20210213_bennet-pass/
    and the day before
    https://nwac.us/public-obs/20210212_multorpor-mountain/

Got a crazy deep day at Bailey some years ago. Off my skis I was up to my armpits. Needless to say the skiing was top notch. Cool vibe too, down to earth and straight up PNW. Played shuffleboard on the way home.
    Pro tip, a dip in the cat will leave a ya dizzy and a bit green up top.
    And drink Rainer afterwords, cause it’s Diamond lake

Long lift lines and deep pow lines were the order of the day at Bachelor. Only run that was subpar was the rime run to the parking lot at 12:30pm to call it a day.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Timberline skied amazingly first thing this morning, got 5 laps of the Molly’s chair and snaked fresh tracks and lines right away. Things were deep and soft and perfect for the Cease & Desist’s. Then the inversion showed up. Rain down low, turned to freezing rain midway and finally pellety snow up high. Could feel a crust forming on the soft stuff, though the trees between Molly’s and Pucci stayed good up until 12pm when I called it quits due to being a frozen shell of a skier.

Today felt like skiing marshmallows. Pretty fun, but felt more like surfing than pow skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Looks like the place to be maybe? High winds have West Village side of Bachy closed.
    Probably was! This season I normally would have avoided it on a Saturday of a 3 day weekend, but a few + factors going on - I knew Salem and north would be locked out of leaving their neighborhoods with freezing rain ice, and figured parts of Albany and Corvallis would have a hard time also, while warm temps down south made the drive from Eugene pretty typical for warm front storms. Ended up that a lot of folks in Albany and Corvallis lost power and had trees blocking roadways ... so the lift lines were long but manageable until noon (and pretty short after that), instead of complete shitshow like holiday Saturdays or pow day Saturdays have been this season so far ...

Snow wise, it was an odd inversion there, the snow down low was better quality and lighter density than it was up top. Ended up timing a rope drop pretty well and still had a great time, my legs didn’t hold up as long as the skiing quality did.

A large number of Bachy skiers seemed to show up around 11, consistent with trying the Bachy storm game then realizing that strong W winds means SRX only.

Touchy snowpack out there, even in 30-35deg trees on the right terrain features. Good time to be safe and dial it back. triggered a few of these today on one lap and dialed it back to 20-25deg slopes.
    Hoodoo even had the rare release during control work yesterday, Patrol told me someone even got caught in a wind slab. It seemed like they kept the crater zone closed for an hour while stomping on cornices and checking everything out. I was beeping inbounds before I had even heard about the person getting caught (I assume no burial, doubt they would have dropped the rope if that happened).

Lots of lens sprayage yesterday ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Aaand power out at home!
    Fuk

Damn it. Flashlights, candles and Stay warm.

Yep, fire going and conversation and board games — the teen is bummed

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I agree the lack of midwinter touring is not great. But the spring volcano touring is epic. The SW chutes on Adams are all time.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    For sure, should have put a qualifier on it. Winter vs volcano season.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Any Portland mags go x-country skiing this weekend?

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...1-049f1c5c8867
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Great weekend at Ski Bowl.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Everything's coated in ice at MHM. HRM may not even run. Yesterday I decided to go Tuesday instead of Monday, good call...

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Everything's coated in ice at MHM. HRM may not even run. Yesterday I decided to go Tuesday instead of Monday, good call...
    80 mph winds and iced lifts at Bachy. The storm bringeth, and the storm leaveth...a cold, frozen mess.

Yup a frozen mess now, but bunch of snow coming in later at cold temps.Should be Titty Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Yep, fire going and conversation and board games — the teen is bummed
    As well he should. Because of your choice to live where power lines aren’t buried, he has lost his social media influence. His life is ruined

In an instant it's 1878. Titty Tuesday it is.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Gonna try to make it up Tues for a bit. Hit me up if you go. Will see what happens though... wife having ACL repair surgery this afternoon. Earned some brownie points this weekend with a classy $11.99 bottle of champagne and take-out cheeseburgers for a romantic dinner, so I'm optimistic I can get away here and there if the skiing is good...

Gonna try to make it up Tues for a bit. Hit me up if you go. Will see what happens though... wife having ACL repair surgery this afternoon. Earned some brownie points this weekend with a classy $11.99 bottle of champagne and take-out cheeseburgers for a romantic dinner, so I'm optimistic I can get away here and there if the skiing is good...
    Good luck to her with surgery

Skiing has been great down here at the little hill that could. Overnight refreshes for days. Not bad for being on the bottom end of the storms. Hope the power is on/comes back on for all affected. Ski safe and stay warm.