Page 29 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    "Parking hasn't been a problem this year" D.Tragethon

fucking LOL
    What fucking alternative universe is that guy operating in? LOL.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Hey not a problem for Dave - he has a spot reserved in the front!

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    "Parking hasn't been a problem this year" D.Tragethon

fucking LOL
    I found this comment rather disgusting in the COVID era. Avoid parking issues, and take the shuttle and expose yourself to COVID trouble. JFC. Just tow the illegal parked vehicles!

Tragethon reminds people that there’s also a Columbia Area Transit shuttle that can take people from Hood River to Mount Hood for downhill skiing, snowshoeing or cross country skiing, if they want to avoid the trouble of finding a parking spot.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

There was a boot on a car that was parked in the reserved spots closish to the medic clinic in main lot last week. Wonder if they are doing any snow park permit enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    There was a boot on a car that was parked in the reserved spots closish to the medic clinic in main lot last week. Wonder if they are doing any snow park permit enforcement.
    That’s the emergency spot

I really doubt the sheriff is policing sno park passes — but, if you get caught for other shenanigans, they may tack it on top

They could make some serious coin by issuing parking citations and towing vehicles. I bet there's a lot of out of state plates amongst the scofflaw.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    ...it's counter to what was promised when buying the season pass. They had committed to not packing the resort during peak times like that. Just seems risky with the pandemic and all.
    ^This 1000%.

I thought that maybe they would bite the bullet and actually limit visitation for the season. I wonder if anyone has been denied a ticket due to anticipated high visitation on a given day?

No one can look at AC's hrm lineup pic and call that safe social distancing. Views like that make my skin crawl. I am immune to the plague now and I would still head back to the car for the touring gear, even with 15 inches of new.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    I really hate the Holiday seasons on Hood.
    Yep, it’s been especially crazy in Welches this year. Local Thriftway overrun everyday, leaving little for us locals to choose from when just grocery shopping. Happy I got into touring this year and head out into some semi-secret spots and usually don’t run into anyone I didn’t invite out there (except on the way down yesterday, lots of snowshoers).

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    ^This 1000%.

I thought that maybe they would bite the bullet and actually limit visitation for the season. I wonder if anyone has been denied a ticket due to anticipated high visitation on a given day?

No one can look at AC's hrm lineup pic and call that safe social distancing. Views like that make my skin crawl. I am immune to the plague now and I would still head back to the car for the touring gear, even with 15 inches of new.
    I can say that one of my friends had his kid in a camp and didn't buy his own day ticket in time (i.e., a week or two ahead of time) and was SOL. Had to sit at the lodge and wait. they're doing some sort of curtailing of sales, but on Sunday it just didn't seem like enough.

My guess is that they typically see a bit of a downturn in ticket sales in a non-pandemic year the last day of winter break. since they're basing their usage rates on previous seasons it would make sense if they underestimated demand on Sunday and oversold. that's me being very generous to them...the other angle is that they saw this as a day where they could really jack up sales and they changed their calculation of day-of ticket sales for January. I think any way you shake it, Sunday was a cluster fuck and they really shouldn't be doing that from both a public safety standpoint and from a business standpoint. Meaning, if they pull those shenanigans more often this season they could get shut down and then they're really out some coin. Then again, they have chumps like me on the hook for a season pass, so all is not lost in that situation.

Besides HRM delayed due to icing and backing the line back up to the lodge, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary for a resort on the last Sunday of holiday vacation.

I think it was about 16-20 minutes at MHX. Looks like the after 2pm crowd was picking up as we were leaving though.

Speaking of Thriftway...How about those sweet deals on the Pivots. Never thought I buy bindings at Thriftway. Still some dual modes left I think.

Quote Originally Posted by homeeey View Post
    Besides HRM delayed due to icing and backing the line back up to the lodge, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary for a resort on the last Sunday of holiday vacation.
    Yeah, nothing out of the ordinary for a powder day on a holiday weekend...during a normal season.

My point is that they are playing a dangerous game packing the people in during a pandemic. There isn't a normal playbook for this set of circumstances, so maybe they deserve a pass. If they are parking out all the lots by 9:30 I would say they fucked up with regard to limiting crowding. Hell, parking sunrise and twilight at all with their mandatory shuttles is arguably irresponsible given the situation.

I just want them and the national forest to stay open, unlike last year... End of whining.

Seems like there are more riders at Central Oregon resorts than a usual year. So much for limiting/reservations.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Played Bachelor parking lottery game tonight. I won a Sunday reservation for the last weekend for January! No other dates I tried gave me the winning numbers though. I guess you really can't win them all....

Pulled a res for tomorrow. Lucky bastard I am.

^^^yup that was fun. Scored the rest of this week thru Friday, three days next week and four the week after that.

About 2/3 of the way thru the app told me I had no reservations booked -at all

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    If they are parking out all the lots by 9:30 I would say they fucked up with regard to limiting crowding.
    It's a big social experiment. Due to diminished carpooling and no buses, I think parked out lots are producing a lower density of people on the hill than normal for the same number of vehicles.

Heading down to bachelor tomorrow night, skiing wed/Thur. Bringing the wife and the shaggin’ wagon, camped out in the overnight lot tue/wed night. Come ask for free candy if you see the white, windowless Ford van

^^^Thursday should be good for me. WBIT

Speaking of Thriftway...How about those sweet deals on the Pivots. Never thought I buy bindings at Thriftway. Still some dual modes left I think.
    Yeah, local shop (Mountainology) went out of business and is clearing out inventory via Thriftway. If the price gets right on the RMU YLE 118’s they have, I might end up w/ them despite a distinct lack of need. There was also a pair of Kingpins hiding amongst the bindings last time I looked, but Marker just isn’t my jam nor are Pivots.

I don't think so, for Meadows. This was yesterday's lift line situation. it got a little better by lunch time, but it was more or less a shit show. Great conditions, well if you like heavy pow....shit ton of gapers up there. I think Meadows is fucking it up by selling too many day of ticks. Also, I feel for the lifties...there are still a grip load of people with masks below their noses and the lifties have to tell them to fix their shit. IMO they're gonna get shut down if they don't do a better job of limiting access and keeping people with their masks up. That said, it was much better on the mask front, but still plenty of idiots.
    Attachment 356266
    I was in that line and it was a bitch but a lot of it had to do with deicing the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    I was in that line and it was a bitch but a lot of it had to do with deicing the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For sure. I'll stop complaining.

What's the deal with the HRE lift? Different technology that renders it easily iced over? Shooting Star, further up the mountain and with greater exposure to ice fired right up.

For sure. I'll stop complaining.

What's the deal with the HRE lift? Different technology that renders it easily iced over? Shooting Star, further up the mountain and with greater exposure to ice fired right up.
    I think the lower elevation at HRM resulted in less of the white stuff and more of the wet, and then right around 6-7am on Sunday the temp dropped.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Yeah, local shop (Mountainology) went out of business and is clearing out inventory via Thriftway. If the price gets right on the RMU YLE 118’s they have, I might end up w/ them despite a distinct lack of need. There was also a pair of Kingpins hiding amongst the bindings last time I looked, but Marker just isn’t my jam nor are Pivots.
    I was bummed to see both local shops close up. Crazy that Hoodland doesn't have one now.

I was bummed to see both local shops close up. Crazy that Hoodland doesn't have one now.

So were all of us locals. The shop next the Thriftway closed up because nobody bought him out, the owner went thru a divorce and kinda said “screw it” and tried to put the shop up for sale. In the end though, it went away too... Now we have to either go up to Govy or down to Sandy, which kinda sucks. Maybe the new mountain bike shop will expand to ski/snowboard stuff too, but I’m not holding my breath.