i9 s 1/1 wheels?

Came across the budget i9 wheelset, not the instant engagement of the hydra but 4 degrees, or 90pt is fast enough, faster than the 54t I liked and way faster than the 18t I have now.

Any experience with these? I cannot find much in terms of reviews. $750 for a set. I also have to decide enduro 30mm or trail 27mm, probably the wider ones.

Final question: any black friday deals on these...
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Came across the budget i9 wheelset, not the instant engagement of the hydra but 4 degrees, or 90pt is fast enough, faster than the 54t I liked and way faster than the 18t I have now.

Any experience with these? I cannot find much in terms of reviews. $750 for a set. I also have to decide enduro 30mm or trail 27mm, probably the wider ones.

Final question: any black friday deals on these...
    I’ve got a set of weareone revives laced to the 1x1 I9s for my bikepacking/gravel/all terrain/whatever bike. They have been great, no issues. Loud enough, good engagement, rims are wonderful. Was going to get a set for my mtb but Revel sent me hydras instead, so I wasn’t going to complain. Would get another set.

We have 2 sets, one on my ht and one on my wifes FS bike. They have been great.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Yup. Have them on my gravel bike laced to some spank rims. They were ~$600 iirc.

I didn’t know you can get better engagement, they seem plenty quick to engage to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

As a Torch owner I’d totally buy a wheelset with these hubs. Went down to a 27mm i9 wheelset on my Bronson after taking with the i9 rep at NEMBAfest couple years back. I run 2.5 front 2.4 rear.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    As a Torch owner I’d totally buy a wheelset with these hubs. Went down to a 27mm i9 wheelset on my Bronson after taking with the i9 rep at NEMBAfest couple years back. I run 2.5 front 2.4 rear.
    Went down? Why?
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Lighter, not interested in running bigger tires. The I9 guy I’ve know for a couple years, he runs 27 on all his mountain bikes

Bought a set of these to upgrade wheels on a 16 enduro. Absolutely blown away by the quality and how smooth they roll. Definitely worth it.

Lighter, not interested in running bigger tires. The I9 guy I’ve know for a couple years, he runs 27 on all his mountain bikes
    Sorry but what's "bigger"? I like 2.5 up front 2.4 in the back or thereabouts...
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

lotta folks seem to like putting a 2.6 on the front

Not sure if this is what you're shopping but these prices seem hard to beat without building yourself

https://www.coloradocyclist.com/29-i...bike-wheelsets

Use code FALL for an extra 10%

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Sorry but what's "bigger"? I like 2.5 up front 2.4 in the back or thereabouts...
    The "Bigger" question in regards to rim inner width is that 2.4-2.5" tires were basically designed for the original Stan's Flow which was about 28mm. There's a shit ton of argument about whether the same tire on a wide rim will be better, or if the WT Maxxis tires are actually noticeably different than previous tires with the same dimensions and really do require a wider rim. At the end of the day, a well built, relatively light, stiff alloy rim with an inner width of 28-32 will be as good as anything out there for 99.9% of riders in any conditions with "average" width (2.3-2.5") mountain bike tires. A wider rim will look cool and be a great topic of conversation. It might even make your dick incrementally bigger. But it'll also be heavier.
    However many are in a shit ton.

I’ve worked with I9 for the last few years and have ridden their Trail 270 and Enduro 305 wheels extensively, and I’ve probably had ~50 wheelsets on our demo bikes during that time. It may be anecdotal, but the only rims I’ve crushed are two sets of Trail 270s; zero problems with the 305’s. For a minimal weight penalty, I’d personally always go with the slightly beefier option.

Not sure if this is what you're shopping but these prices seem hard to beat without building yourself

https://www.coloradocyclist.com/29-i...bike-wheelsets

Use code FALL for an extra 10%
    Thanks did not know about that.

I just paid for some hopefully gently used Hydra to trail27 for about the price of new 1/1 set but lighter and more cooler so people will think I am fast at the trailhead and my dick weighs more than my wheelset.

27 vs 30 width... I run 2.5 up front and 2.4 in the back. Sort of tweener but went with 27. If buying new I might have gone 30. I don't enduro or bike park that much.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

^^ pretty sure SC specs that bike with 27's so you're on the money, anatomy not withstanding

For others looking - backcountry has some of these and the 20% off code works, stack it with a 12% active junky for a real nice price....or upgrade to the we are one carbon
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    For others looking - backcountry has some of these and the 20% off code works, stack it with a 12% active junky for a real nice price....or upgrade to the we are one carbon
    Oof I could have used that info a few days ago... Oh well.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms