Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbors...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Ha. Yeah. I can’t decide if that’s an appropriate way to refer to them or not. The house for people immigrating to the US from Africa as a soft landing where they get a room and access to community services and events. I’ve been angling to get an invite to some of their parties cause the food always smells awesome.
    Probably Libyans, do you have any plutonium laying around?!?

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Probably Libyans, do you have any plutonium laying around?!?
    Look for an old VW bus at the Twin Pines Mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Look for an old VW bus at the Twin Pines Mall.
    That’s Lone Pine Mall in this timeline now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Wow. Truly awful.
    Maybe. Or Bernie agreed to a nice hooker annuity while he lives out his days. I mean, he’s old and has no family. Kinda close to iceman’s but on doing all the drugs once he got old enough.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My mom had outlived all her friends, and most of her family beyond the kids Saw some media about a community helping some lady celebrate her 107th birthday. She was probably super lonely.. All her siblings and life long friends had to be gone... hell even her kids would likely be in their 80s if still alive... Ya, I don't want to outlive everyone..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    My mom had outlived all her friends, and most of her family beyond the kids Saw some media about a community helping some lady celebrate her 107th birthday. She was probably super lonely.. All her siblings and life long friends had to be gone... hell even her kids would likely be in their 80s if still alive... Ya, I don't want to outlive everyone..
    My grandmother outlived four of her five kids.

My uncle, who was the ultimate people person, outlived his wife--who had severe Alzheimer's and whom he cared for at home--and all 3 of his kids--AIDs, cancer, and likely suicide. No grandkids. He wound up in assisted living, mentally clear, and my wife used to have long phone conversations with him, until the number stopped working. After he died--we learned about it after his obituary appeared in the local paper, we found he had a devoted woman friend. Once a charmer, always a charmer--to the end. Still, how sad for a man who loved people as much as he did to have lost so many. And his losses started early--he was orphaned as a child. I never saw him sad or angry.

Lost my grandmother this week. She was 92, my grandfather died 15 years ago. All of the kids/grandkids are at least four hours away.

She got COVID and had to be hospitalized, and even though she was recovering just refused food/water and any treatment. She lived in the same house for 70 years, and it was clear she could never go back and decided to go out on her own terms. Sad situation all around

Hey supermoon can I get the address to the house for a quick friday lunch action ? Do you know if they take venmo ?

Lost my grandmother this week. She was 92, my grandfather died 15 years ago. All of the kids/grandkids are at least four hours away.

She got COVID and had to be hospitalized, and even though she was recovering just refused food/water and any treatment. She lived in the same house for 70 years, and it was clear she could never go back and decided to go out on her own terms. Sad situation all around
    Condolences, it is sad to lose a relative. Though I don't find it sad that she made that choice, I respect it and I think more people should do it. If circumstances allow I hope I have the strength to do the same as she did.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Hey supermoon can I get the address to the house for a quick friday lunch action ? Do you know if they take venmo ?
    I’ll ask around. Lots of ol’ Bernie types in the neighborhood taking their morning walks in front of the house this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Condolences, it is sad to lose a relative. Though I don't find it sad that she made that choice, I respect it and I think more people should do it. If circumstances allow I hope I have the strength to do the same as she did.
    Thanks. Yeah, I definitely respect it as well. We should all be so lucky to get to choose our time like that.

I'm sorry for your loss. It is a good thing when old people get to go on their own terms, with their wishes and autonomy respected.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss. It is a good thing when old people get to go on their own terms, with their wishes and autonomy respected.
    Amen.
    If I start the final rotation around the drain before my wife, however, there will be screaming in the senior facility hallways.

If I was a better shot with the BB gun, I would take out all of the neighbors lights that they think need to be left on all fucking night long. Apparently, all the new work from homers that just moved to the mountains from shithole cities think that their Range Rover is going to be stolen any night now so they must keep it illuminated to scare off the vampire car thieves. God I hope we have a really cold, snowy, shitty winter that doesn't end until late May to scare off the riff raff.

I’d learn to live with them. Housing market is proper fucked with rate increases and the current recession no one wants to admit exists. They aren’t selling anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I’d learn to live with them. Housing market is proper fucked with rate increases and the current recession no one wants to admit exists. They aren’t selling anytime soon.
    Sales have slowed a little here, but being a resort town, there is still churn. I can hope. Never know what rich folks will do.

Around here it's not selling that's difficult.. It's that finding another place anywhere anyone would want to live is beyond impossible still.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    If I was a better shot with the BB gun, I would take out all of the neighbors lights that they think need to be left on all fucking night long. Apparently, all the new work from homers that just moved to the mountains from shithole cities think that their Range Rover is going to be stolen any night now so they must keep it illuminated to scare off the vampire car thieves. God I hope we have a really cold, snowy, shitty winter that doesn't end until late May to scare off the riff raff.
    Convince their bleeding hearts having the lights on messes with wildlife migration and causes light pollution.

It's because basically all major economic indicators are doing great. As a country we're doing well, the problem is exec pay and earnings per share expectations need to eat it some so wages can push up, as it's people on the low end of the scale getting fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    …it's people on the low end of the scale getting fucked.
    For now.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    It's because basically all major economic indicators are doing great. As a country we're doing well, the problem is exec pay and earnings per share expectations need to eat it some so wages can push up, as it's people on the low end of the scale getting fucked.
    The point is interest rates have doubled and home valuations are falling. Average list nationwide is dropping by 5-10k per month and interest rates are rising by .75 percent pretty much monthly as well. The spigot of cheap easy financing has ended and the recession is real. This isn't a throw the plebes a bone scenario. This is a the music has stopped scenario and everyone who just bought a million dollar piece of real estate isn't selling that and moving, and they probably aren't getting a HELOC to go buy that sprinter van, go on a trip, or buy useless shit.

Cuddle up to the neighbors, they aren't going anywhere for a while.
    Live Free or Die

The point is interest rates have doubled and home valuations are falling. Average list nationwide is dropping by 5-10k per month and interest rates are rising by .75 percent pretty much monthly as well. The spigot of cheap easy financing has ended and the recession is real. This isn't a throw the plebes a bone scenario. This is a the music has stopped scenario and everyone who just bought a million dollar piece of real estate isn't selling that and moving, and they probably aren't getting a HELOC to go buy that sprinter van, go on a trip, or buy useless shit.

Cuddle up to the neighbors, they aren't going anywhere for a while.
    Real estate is one aspect of the economy.
    263k jobs were added - https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
    Unemployment is 3.5 percent
    GDP is flat to slightly down in real terms and up in raw dollar terms - https://www.bea.gov/news/2022/gross-...ts-revised-2nd

You're correct that many will not move from current properties for a bit, but at least in my hood I've seen more action recently than in the past 6 months (no clue why). There are a lot of very positive measures that don't correlate with a recession. Housing and tech will see corrections, but I don't think anyone would argue either were in sane spots.

actualy besides not burning out and not using as much power the LED lighting puts out WAY more lumens than the old incandescent ever did, since i bought thehouse I noticed the diff at the local school which fortunately faces away from the house

so you are not just some grumpy old fuck ... its real
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    actualy besides not burning out and not using as much power the LED lighting puts out WAY more lumens than the old incandescent ever did, since i bought thehouse I noticed the diff at the local school which fortunately faces away from the house

so you are not just some grumpy old fuck ... its real
    Actually we live in view of an elementary school and I never understood why, but at night they have every light in every room in the building on. Wtf is up with that? Luckily it is far enough away that it doesn’t actually shine in our house.

Same thing happening here. The city dwellers that have moved north to escape COVID have bought/renovated houses or built new ones that have super bright fuck off lights all over them that must be on sensors. As soon as it gets dark they pop on and are on all night. These blobs of light are now all over the place on our once dark mountainsides.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/