Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbors...

The total pro passive aggressive move would have been to smile, welcome them to the neighborhood, and given them a fake number. 867-5309, for example.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Neighbors...

Yeah like that wouldn’t have been totally obvious you obtuse fuck, they would have felt worse if I pulled that shit. I ripped the bandaid is all, it was the right thing to do. Welcome to NH, now go away.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Okay, okay...then 555-1212 it is!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Woof bad 80’s reference went over my head, good on me
    crab in my shoe mouth

Somebody knocked on my door today and I was all ready go full Buttah but it turned out it was a guy I called to do some work that I forgot was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Blah blah blah. What say you?
    I have neighbors I get along with and others I’m fine not talking with. It sounds like this lady dodged a bullet with your rejection.

But you asked and now you’re feelings are hurt and sad that people answered your question.

Don’t ask if you don’t want to know.

Your post was the equivalent of somebody’s Twin Falls, Idaho cousin posting on social media seeking validation.

If it was beer and not tea, would you have stopped scratching your nuts long enough to show some humanity?

You were going to refuse to exchange contact info with some rando who just moved in and is kinda aggro about it and whatnot, good on you, icedick!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Glad I wasn't scratching my nuts looking out the window when he walked up though.

I don't think anybody random has knocked on my door for like 25 years. Had some Jehovah's witnesses one time but the dogs chased them down the driveway and they never came back. They also chased off the only trick-or-treater we ever had. I kinda felt bad for that kid. But, more candy for me.

Man, New Hampshirer’s are dickheads.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Non-drinker, here. If you don’t live here it’s really is hard to convey how much northern New Englanders value their privacy. The fact that I never started a Facebook should indicate that I’m not interested in what the fuck anyone else is doing, why is this so difficult? I don’t want to be part of some neighborhood watch thing or any kind of intrusive nosy bullshit neighborhood Facebook group. Check your fucking egos before you drag me for wanting to live free.
    crab in my shoe mouth

"contact info" seems so old fuck
    almost anyone can find anyone's number but thankfully not old ladies, so I think you should be safe
    skid luxury

Neighbors...

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    "contact info" seems so old fuck
    almost anyone can find anyone's number but thankfully not old ladies, so I think you should be safe
    Come on, you grew up in Northern New England, were you and yer friends and family not wary of fucking dickweeds from the tri-state region? Of course you were, Take Back Vermont was a thing, need I remind you. I like not interacting with neighbors, doesn’t make me a bad guy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

also surprised nobody has suggested simply yelling "get off my lawn"
    skid luxury

Jeebus. How the fuck do you even get along in life. Catch more flies with honey.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

it’s really is hard to convey how much northern New Englanders value their privacy. live free.
    No, I'm sorry, we would have accepted hermits as the right answer, and the judges are telling me in my ear that recluse or anchorite would all have been acceptable answers.
    I still call it The Jake.

I’m thinking razor wire and electric fence with a few punji pits for extra measure. Maybe a moat with a drawbridge

Buttah you’re too open. Your perimeter is vulnerable

Come on, you grew up in Northern New England, were you and yer friends and family not wary of fucking dickweeds from the tri-state region? Of course you were, Take Back Vermont was a thing, need I remind you. I like not interacting with neighbors, doesn’t make me a bad guy.
    I'll somewhat agree with you bc I'm guessing you live in the boonies and it's not like living in a neighborhood or condo or something where interacting with neighbors is common place.

I would have suggested to the lady that she read the situation and try to swing by when she saw you outside or in the garage, etc vs storming in in the evening.
    You will probably not hear from them again so frankly you did the right thing for you. but hope the ironies don't pan out with having some issue with your home that you need their help with.
    That's where I temper my NE crustiness bc I've found that sometimes other people are useful.
    skid luxury

Neighbors...

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    also surprised nobody has suggested simply yelling "get off my lawn"
    More like there be banjos playing in the background. Wrong state I know, but still. Nothing like giving the poor newcomer that hillbilly hairy eyeball to make ‘em feel welcome.

New to this current poo flinging conversation, but reading the last 2 pages, Butta hasn't said anything I would get worked up about, so maybe lighten up guys. Flame suit on
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Neighbors...

^^^

Yeah, but she choose to be aggressive, and come over on a rainy dark Labor Day evening. Go fuck yourself is what I should have said. You drive by when I’m mowing the lawn, different story, we still aren’t exchanging info, but at least I don’t think yer a total bitch.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Dude, you’re acting like this is fucking rich guy Jackson Hole trustfund douchenozzles who ride bikes and ski, it’s a fucking small town in NH you fucking obtuse fuck
    there he is yup "I don't drink" but I'm kinda an asshole wanna get high and listen to me run on and on about who sucks? way to throw around some lame ass shit dooshnozzzllees

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    We text each other when there are moose and bears, loose dogs, and when the psycho bitch is acting up. We also borrow tools and toys, and basil, and garlic and onions, because going to the store across town sucks nuts. A few of us ride together, and a few drink together. I don’t really get what the aversion is to be social. They could save you and your house in a heartbeat, and you could do the same.
    Two months ago our neighbor spotted her neighbors chimney on fire from the outside, and likely saved the house if not a life.
    sounds about right
    people are always on me with the text when the moose and bear is coming through cause my dogs is always running around
    saw one of my nieghbors up the street walking down the middle of the road a few minutes ago on my way home so I stopped the car and asked him what he was doing

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Imaging meeting some random person, chatting for 5 minutes and the conversation ends, and they reach out to shake your hand. You might never have reached out to shake THEIR hand, but the normal thing to do would be to shake, because to actively reject the overt act of friendliness would be pretty weird and aggressiveley anti-social. That's you.
    Very Stevie Grant-like behavior

Name:  STEVIE GRANT DOES NOT SHAKE HANDS.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  60.4 KB

Can we get a ruling on what constitutes northern New England? Walpole is like 10 miles from Massachusetts so I’m going with with solidly not northern.

Who's gonna tell 'em TGR is social media?

NH is home to some of the crustiest hermits. It's why we did so well in COVID - people were glad to have another excuse not to be social.