Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbors...

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Agreed.
    If you can walk to Massachusetts from your town's center in an hour or so you're not in northern NE
    Thanks for reminding me why I have AR on ignore. He needs to fuck off with the homophobic shit.

We've actually become pretty good friends with our neighbors. It's nice to be able to send out a text message on a Friday at 4pm and say "bar's open" and have someone show up to have a drink and shoot the shit with in the backyard.

I'll be watching the football game outside tonight and I'm sure a couple of them will stop by. We're a friendlier folk up here, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Agreed.
    If you can walk to Massachusetts from your town's center in an hour or so you're not in northern NE
    It’s twenty fucking miles, you ain’t walking there!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Where I grew up the neighbors were so friendly that when I brought my GF into the house while my folks were away the lady next door knocked on the door 10 min later and asked if my mom was home. But I've lived with 10-30 neighbors and not in the forest like the subject here. I have had neighbors that lived a life holed up in the house and liked it that way. The rest of us partied a lot.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Thanks for reminding me why I have AR on ignore. He needs to fuck off with the homophobic shit.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    We've actually become pretty good friends with our neighbors. It's nice to be able to send out a text message on a Friday at 4pm and say "bar's open" and have someone show up to have a drink and shoot the shit with in the backyard.

I'll be watching the football game outside tonight and I'm sure a couple of them will stop by. We're a friendlier folk up here, I guess.
    Yeah, don't get stabbed.

Wouldn't it have been a solid to hook them up with your digits since you're such a seasoned NE badass? Meh, on second thought I think they lucked-out in this exchange. Why even share this story, you knew how it would go.
    Or hook them up with his "guy" for wood and whatnot. Could have done two solids for the price of one. That's probably what a "very generous guy" would have done.

Honestly though, I think buttface is full of shit and this whole encounter didn't happen like he says. He probably hid and didn't answer the door.

Neighbors...

My guy is multi-generational dairy family from town, he hates flatlanders moving here, it’s a sweet town, really beautiful, no one wants to see it changed into Westchester county. I at least don’t hate them, but I totally understand not welcoming people bent on change. He would be pissed if I gave them his number, if he wants the business he will go introduce himself. Not my deal, why should it be?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    My guy is multi-generational dairy family from town, he hates flatlanders moving here, it’s a sweet town, really beautiful, no one wants to see it changed into Westchester county. I at least don’t hate them, but I totally understand not welcoming people bent on change. He would be pissed if I gave them his number, if he wants the business he will go introduce himself. Not my deal, why should it be?
    How long have you lived there ?

Neighbors...

20 years in town, two in the next town over, and up in Campton/Plymouth/Holderness before that since 1986. I grew up less than 100 miles from this town. I know how it works here, we don’t knock on doors and ask for someone’s info, we just don’t.
    crab in my shoe mouth

My mom gave me this bit of wisdom. "If you think that all of your neighbors are crazy, it's not your neighbors".

Wisest woman I ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    20 years in town, two in the next town over, and up in Campton/Plymouth/Holderness before that since 1986. I grew up less than 100 miles from this town. I know how it works here, we don’t knock on doors and ask for someone’s info, we just don’t.
    The part you're missing is that isn't the point. I and surely many others in this thread believe you, that what they did goes against local culture. That doesn't mean you weren't an asshole to them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You know, it's been said that online personas are not a reflection of a person in real life.
    And since we're all neighbors here in our little grotto of the innert00bs, I'm as surprised as others.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

100 miles, eh? So you could be from, NY, CT, or VT. Were you even born in NH?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The part you're missing is that isn't the point. I and surely many others in this thread believe you, that what they did goes against local culture. That doesn't mean you weren't an asshole to them.
    He's the enforcer of all things local.

I play drums sometimes.. AND my dog is yappy, really yappy in the back yard fairly often.. Neighbors fucked up my fence burning bamboo. I'm happy enough about them finally getting that fucking bamboo under control that I'm good with them only sort of fixing my fence.. with scrap wood. Fence is 20 years old..

Pick your battles. It's gotta be BAD, REALLY BAD before I'll escalate beyond friendly chat across the felce..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I play drums sometimes.. AND my dog is yappy, really yappy in the back yard fairly often.. Neighbors fucked up my fence burning bamboo. I'm happy enough about them finally getting that fucking bamboo under control that I'm good with them only sort of fixing my fence.. with scrap wood. Fence is 20 years old..

Pick your battles. It's gotta be BAD, REALLY BAD before I'll escalate beyond friendly chat across the felce..
    At what point do you go get your gun stored in your locked car and enforce justice?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    He's the enforcer of all things local.
    Where is Benny Profane when you need him

struttin’ his stuff over on the ny ski blog… cause their ain’t no ct ski blog.

fact.
    Last edited by m2711c; 09-08-2022 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

Why do you own such an annoying fucking dog?

Dog's just trying to fit in

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah, don't get stabbed.
    ???

Okay?

Name:  EEC2B651-E8C8-4384-AE00-5678DA049FFF.png
Views: 325
Size:  20.8 KB

???

Okay?
    Pay much attention to the news eh?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/8009025001/

Why do you own such an annoying fucking dog?
    It evens the score for the neighbors with roosters..

No HOA FTW!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

As a paranoid cowering wimp, how do you find the courage to leave the house? To afraid to stay home I guess. A piece of work you are.