Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 316

Thread: Neighbors...

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Nobody wins, we used to have a trail system everyone enjoyed, now we have a rich cunt and an overgrown thicket with murderous junkies.
    It seems like God just keeps sending you signs to move out of that town and come back West. Didn't you say your wife was a nurse? She could get a job anywhere. I'm sure you could find work quite easily as well. Yes there's forest fires and some towns have nutso housing prices. But you might want to look into a town like Ellensburg, WA or something. I'd literally give you $500 relocation bonus and I'm not a dentist. I don't even know you besides reading your posts.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    13,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Should have recorded the conversation. Seems like a friendly game warden may want to schedule a public encounter with the a-hole. And as a correctional officer, I'm not sure how hunting a bird during a statewide closure of said bird or taking of a protected bird under the MBTA would look on a background check. Probably a misdemeanor so may not be a big deal.

    https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/r.../waterfowl.pdf

    Page 11



    Seems like they might be talking about Steller's eiders here but there's also this:

    https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cf...withbirds.main

    Steller's Jays fall under the MBTA.

    Either way, looks like it's a protected bird.

    Was his dad around when he was hunting?

    Page 4



    Page 10



    Maybe the kid has his license?

    Do they have a stamp or proof of HIP enrollment?

    Did the kid shoot from a road?

    Copper or lead pellets?

    Are his BBs/pellets larger than .2?

    Did he only shoot them in his yard? Yards of others? Did he have permission to hunt on private land?

    Either way, it's probably technically poaching and you have photographic evidence. How far do you want to take it?

    See edits, but I think it also violates our liberal Defense of Life and Property statutes, if I want or ever need to get chickenshit about it. Pretty sure I got my point across. I hadn't really explored the hunting laws/protected species angle to this thing though...And you're also exactly right about it's how much I want to invest in it...

    Can't bring our little buddies back, but that's good to have in my pocket. And I do wish I had recorded it, and can't fix that either. And chances are I came on too strong and this father/son team will dwell on me rather than on not murdering helpless little animals like chicken-killin dogs.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,023
    Yeah, not saying I would pick a fight with a guy like that or rat on him potentially leading to a fight. If I cared a bunch I might mention to him that he should check the hunting regs though. A law enforcing guy like that might be into following them too.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    13,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Yeah, not saying I would pick a fight with a guy like that or rat on him potentially leading to a fight. If I cared a bunch I might mention to him that he should check the hunting regs though. A law enforcing guy like that might be into following them too.
    Might be. His son didn't lie or exaggerate to him, nor did he expect his kid would, which is revealing. Like I said, I can't hate the guy for rocking up with a set of options that ranged from dickhead in a truck to full-on Tony Soprano curbstomp - I accused his kid of murder.

    JFC what kind of asshole does that? Someone who witnessed a murder.



    Edit: Does planting shame signs and posting images across social networks qualify as passive aggressive behavior?
    Last edited by highangle; 08-21-2021 at 04:11 AM.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,001
    But would you remove the road biker remains from the ditch?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    13,720
    Looks like the good energy highangle put into that bike thread has come home to roost.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,965
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    It seems like God just keeps sending you signs to move out of that town and come back West. Didn't you say your wife was a nurse? She could get a job anywhere. I'm sure you could find work quite easily as well. Yes there's forest fires and some towns have nutso housing prices. But you might want to look into a town like Ellensburg, WA or something. I'd literally give you $500 relocation bonus and I'm not a dentist. I don't even know you besides reading your posts.
    If that was the situation we probably wouldn’t still be here.
    My wife is a manager in a corporation, she also has mixed feelings about our town, but her tendency is to want to move to a large city with a lot of art and live music. If anything, she’s going to get moved by her company to someplace in random Wisconsin, and we’ll be in the same situation but with no shoreline/surf/skiing etc. Some Milwaukee suburb or something, that seems like the most likely thing.

    I really thought since this company is a national company she might be able to kind of scan the whole company’s openings and move somewhere we want to live. In reality, it’s compartmentalized into regions, and you say in advance if and where you’re available to relocate.

    It’s complicated. We have a dog, my wife and I both have gotten used to having a middle class living situation but in different ways. It’s been almost impossible to come up with a place that makes sense for both of us. And part of life at this point is that we don’t really have the ability to go check places out, so someplace like Ogden, or whatever, she’s not getting to see it in person.

    The whole situation is hard to fix. It’s a lot of trading one problem for another.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    lakeside
    Posts
    894
    IAS, I think we are dealing with the same type of people. I share a driveway with my neighbor, a very common thing in northern MI where driveways are often 1/4 mile or longer. We live on a lake, 90% of which are part time residents. Our property line goes down the dead nut center of the drive. He owns one side, I own the other. I have an easement to use his half, he has an easement to use my half. From the get go he is offended by my use, because I live here year round. He has put up cameras so he can watch me use it the 9 months he isn't here. If he doesn't like what he sees he emails me one line emails of "I see what you're doing." Yep you caught me, I'm cleaning up leaves. He took it a step to far and went after my wife one day verbally assaulting her. He told her if we want to continue to use the driveway we must call and get permission each time we wish to drive on it, in or out. I politely told him to go fuck a duck. I haven't spoken to the guys in 8 years. His summer's are spent staring at us and being mad. I just wish I had a cool neighbor.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    IAS, I think we are dealing with the same type of people. I share a driveway with my neighbor, a very common thing in northern MI where driveways are often 1/4 mile or longer. We live on a lake, 90% of which are part time residents. Our property line goes down the dead nut center of the drive. He owns one side, I own the other. I have an easement to use his half, he has an easement to use my half. From the get go he is offended by my use, because I live here year round. He has put up cameras so he can watch me use it the 9 months he isn't here. If he doesn't like what he sees he emails me one line emails of "I see what you're doing." Yep you caught me, I'm cleaning up leaves. He took it a step to far and went after my wife one day verbally assaulting her. He told her if we want to continue to use the driveway we must call and get permission each time we wish to drive on it, in or out. I politely told him to go fuck a duck. I haven't spoken to the guys in 8 years. His summer's are spent staring at us and being mad. I just wish I had a cool neighbor.
    Remember the good ole days when we used to call it "hollering"? Now its "verbal assault"!

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

    The whole situation is hard to fix. It’s a lot of trading one problem for another.
    Well if she does get a transfer, at least it will be a fresh start. The cops and many of the people in your town just sound awful. Even suburbs have nature access (even if it's not shoreline) and if it's a bigger locale, you can blend in. Anonymity is great and you will love it after having to deal with the small town crap you've chronicled here.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    13,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Looks like the good energy highangle put into that bike thread has come home to roost.
    You're a regular lord of cheap shot karma, aren't you? Be careful not to crash into a dumpster.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    16,524
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Our property line goes down the dead nut center of the drive. He owns one side, I own the other. I have an easement to use his half, he has an easement to use my half.
    Huh, seems easy enough to get a copy of the easement and give it to him. If still a dick, tell him to FO whenever you see him.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    lakeside
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Huh, seems easy enough to get a copy of the easement and give it to him. If still a dick, tell him to FO whenever you see him.
    Did that, he lacks in the reading comprehension of things. His interpretation of the language in the easement is he has exclusive use of the driveway and I have to get his permission to use. I had an attorney read it over and he said bullshit. So I openly disobey his interpretation on the daily and he hasn't done shit about it for a decade which tells me he knows its all bullshit, just a dick being a dick for no reason other than to be a dick.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    lakeside
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Remember the good ole days when we used to call it "hollering"? Now its "verbal assault"!
    verbal assault just sounds way more better

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,522
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    18,827
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Huh, seems easy enough to get a copy of the easement and give it to him. If still a dick, tell him to FO whenever you see him.
    I'd tape a copy of the easement to each camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    cordova,AK
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yeah, fuck him right in the ass, along with SRAM!
    is the SRAM guy your neighbor?
    off your knees Louie

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'd tape a copy of the easement to each camera.
    I would go a step further and also tape a copy of a letter from a lawyer that forcefully clarifies the easement and spells out possible consequences if he continues his behavior. then you will really get to watch him steam.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    13,661
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    If that was the situation we probably wouldn’t still be here.
    My wife is a manager in a corporation, she also has mixed feelings about our town, but her tendency is to want to move to a large city with a lot of art and live music. If anything, she’s going to get moved by her company to someplace in random Wisconsin, and we’ll be in the same situation but with no shoreline/surf/skiing etc. Some Milwaukee suburb or something, that seems like the most likely thing.

    I really thought since this company is a national company she might be able to kind of scan the whole company’s openings and move somewhere we want to live. In reality, it’s compartmentalized into regions, and you say in advance if and where you’re available to relocate.

    It’s complicated. We have a dog, my wife and I both have gotten used to having a middle class living situation but in different ways. It’s been almost impossible to come up with a place that makes sense for both of us. And part of life at this point is that we don’t really have the ability to go check places out, so someplace like Ogden, or whatever, she’s not getting to see it in person.

    The whole situation is hard to fix. It’s a lot of trading one problem for another.

    A portable job, one with a future in this Bukowskiesque timeline, is the answer to all your problems.
    Downside for you is that requires a mustard seed of entrepreneurship, or something like a writing gig, which is what we all know you want to do anyway.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,897
    the thing to do is bring it^^ all TO your town which I think has happend to some extent here
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,897
    the new neighbor buys a Lab puppy which was really cute until it got large at which point it needs 1.5hrs of exercise a day but the owner is obese

    they would put it out in a pen and it would bark till they eventualy took it out of the pen,

    also it shit all over the pen they don't clean it up and it eventualy stinks

    eventualy i lost my shit

    they seem to have listened cuz dog is not left to bark and they are more or less cleaning up the shit

    I'm actualy quite suprised, it must have been an eloquent rant or something

    rong dog for these people, they should have got a lap dog
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    11,706
    Sounds like a good neighbor. Everyone makes mistakes, especially with pets. The important thing is they rectified the situation. I live in a fairly new neighborhood where there are maybe 20 homes. Fences are not allowed. My "next door" neighbor (who is approximately 200 yards from my house) has this golden retriever that loves my yard. Everyday their dog visits my yard, chews my dogs' bones, urinates on my grass and plays with whatever toys are left out. The first time it happened my pup was 10 weeks old and didn't have all her shots (Parvo). My other dog is a poorly adapted rescue who doesn't like other dogs and barks profusely every time the golden visits. I rang the neighbor's doorbell and very politely asked them to control their animal and not let him visit my yard. .....Lip service but no relief. The second time, I did the same thing. The dog has visited the past 5 days and nights. My wife, who, believe it or not, is not nearly polite as me leashed the dog, walked it home and sternly admonished the neighbor. Today I contacted the HOA. Next, I'm thinking a BB gun in the ass greeting.
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,050
    Next, I'm thinking a BB gun in the ass greeting.
    Assuming you are talking about the neighbor, high five. If you are talking about the dog, you are an asshole.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,522
    Yeah, don't shoot the dog, feed it a can of beans and take it home.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    11,706
    I don't own a BB gun. placed to emphasize frustration. You are right. It is impossible to blame the dog. However, more than a few dogs in UT are shot with more than BBs every year for trespassing.
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •