Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbors...

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Damn IAS, just, … so sorry.
    Me too. Vibes, or internet hugs, or whatever I can try to do from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

IAS, please, please write down your stories in an organized fashion. You have a gift.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

And once again, I support ^^^
    You have a gift with words.
    And I feel for you - it sucks when people bring up shit that unleashes a tsunami of grief, intentionally, cluelessly or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    IAS, please, please write down your stories in an organized fashion. You have a gift.
    QFT.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Why not make friends with the neighbor dog. You like dogs, it’s a dog…why not be buddies?
    I did. But, there are many reasons why I don't want her in my yard. I can be friends in the open space, the street, the trail or anyplace else, but she has no business in my yard and on my property.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    If it continues, take it to the human society as a stray. The owners will have to pay to get it out of jail and usually the fines increase each time.
    No... We will see what happens with the HOA. Although the CC&R says no fence, maybe I can get some sort of exemption. It's a nice dog. Too bad the new neighbors are self-centered. I don't think that it is too much of an ask for them to respect my property. We'll see. Asking them to place their dog on a long lead is apparently too much.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

IAS, all my neighbors are here.
    Without getting all Mr. Rogers, the shitstreams of the past are past.
    Ski here now.
    We value you.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    At our last house in PDX there was a rental across the street occupied by some college students. At first it was fine, there’d be the occasional party but nothing obnoxious.

But over time the mix of tenants became increasingly sketchy. The inflection point came about three years in when one of them parked a parts car on the street to fix his vehicle.

Then they spent until like 0400 that night working on it and trying to get it to start. Came out the next morning to a pile of junk and a bunch of tools in the street.

So I went thru the tools and took ones I didn’t already have back to the garage. Came back out with a snow shovel, scooped up the rest of the shit, took it to their front door. When I knocked the front door fell open so I dumped the crap inside and walked away. Then called the city about a derelict vehicle on the street.

One of them came over later and put a note under the mat telling me he wasn’t afraid of me.

So I started calling the police non-emergency number every time there was the slightest parking infraction or other problem. Which happened a lot. Probably five of their vehicles were towed for various reasons, many parties were ended by the cops and the tenants started leaving.

Six months later the house was declared a Chronic Public Nuisance and the house demolished. Owner tried to sell the lot but there were a bunch of permitting issues (lot was located at the “headwaters of Fanno Creek”) so it’s now overrun with brush.
    You're the asshole that had my car towed ?!!!!! I have vowed never to rent to college kids or anyone around that age. Wife and I just had a disagreement about me not wanting to rent to my own kids when they need a place to live soon. Somehow she's already forgotten what a shithole my 23 yo recent college kids place looked like. I don't see anything changing soon for him in terms of taking care of a home. Fuck that shit, let some other slum lord handle their immaturity.
    You must have lived not too far from my childhood digs in SW Pdx.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Walp, I'm at the beginning of a neighbor problem, just don't know what neighbor. In late May, the Mrs and I went away for a week and stopped the mail. When we got back, I found this Postit was in my mailbox. I didn't tell my wife because I know my wife. Jump ahead late July and we find that the garden hose in our yard had been cut in the night with garden shears in 10 places and a small important figurine from the garden was taken. We found it when the wife posted about it on HOA FB page and someone said they saw it 25 yds up the trail to the lake that's behind our house. So we have it back, in the house. What's that unsigned note say to you? Neighborly tip or veiled threat? Two events not connected?

Attachment 383065
    “Keep your head up” sounds to me more like a note of support and encouragement, rather than a veiled threat. Now what would have prompted that, I obviously don’t have the background information to even speculate about. Maybe a neighbor heard something about a conflict brewing between you and some other neighbor and wanted to show you some support, or something.

The cut hose sounds like kids. Or perhaps someone thinks you are using too much water on your yard in a drought situation. Yeah, who knows. Definitely report it and document everything.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    “Keep your head up” sounds to me more like a note of support and encouragement, rather than a veiled threat. Now what would have prompted that, I obviously don’t have the background information to even speculate about. Maybe a neighbor heard something about a conflict brewing between you and some other neighbor and wanted to show you some support, or something.

The cut hose sounds like kids. Or perhaps someone thinks you are using too much water on your yard in a drought situation. Yeah, who knows. Definitely report it and document everything.
    i think it is entirely plausible that whomever wrote that note has no idea what "keep your head up means" and fully intended it to be threatening. i doubt the hose cutters are kids. kids TP, egg, and ding dong ditch houses. they don't cut up hoses. that said, the garden gnome fuckery does sound like kids. well, at least when viewed irrespectively of the other happenings. is this your front or back yard? perhaps it doesn't make a difference but i construe someone going into your backyard as a much more brazen and alarming act.

oh, i forgot to get to the whole point of my speculation. if something happens again, consider a cheap and discreet camera.

Just wanted to check in again and say I love my neighbors

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Needles View Post
    A new neighbor moved in next door so I went to meet him. Said he is a professor of logic. Seems kinda weird so I asked him to explain what it was... so the professor asked if I had a doghouse. I said yes, so he asked if I had a dog. I said yes, so he asked if I had a family.... yes, so he asked if I was heterosexual. Well yes, and the professor said that that finding out he was heterosexual from having a doghouse was logic.

So the FedEx guy stopped by with a package and I was telling him about the new neighbor and mentioned that he was a professor of logic. The guy wanted to know what the hell a professor of logic does.

So I asked if he had a doghouse. The guy said no. So I said, "Oh, you're gay.”

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Damn IAS, just, … so sorry.

Seconded.

Also, if you write a series of short essays, you would make some coin just by selling it on this forum to us mags. Possible title for the anthology (short and sweet): "Marquette".

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    “Keep your head up” sounds to me more like a note of support and encouragement, rather than a veiled threat.
    Maybe Poonam was trying to say “keep your chin up” but got the engrish a little wrong?

^^^Funny.

I'm going to make a report and get a camera. Bears, cougars, deer, elk and coyotes have wandered into the yard. Would be fun to see what else.

Pretty sure it is political. Pretty sure it isn't the guy with the trump shrine who tossed a beer can in front of my car as I passed his house a while back. We've had a talk. Top suspect on my list is the trump landscaper 4 houses away. The clue that the figurine was on the trail a short distance towards the wilderness is what a dummy would do thinking he was being smart and misdirecting. 30 yard walk from the landscapers back yard to mine via the trail.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    See edits, but I think it also violates our liberal Defense of Life and Property statutes, if I want or ever need to get chickenshit about it. Pretty sure I got my point across. I hadn't really explored the hunting laws/protected species angle to this thing though...And you're also exactly right about it's how much I want to invest in it...

Can't bring our little buddies back, but that's good to have in my pocket. And I do wish I had recorded it, and can't fix that either. And chances are I came on too strong and this father/son team will dwell on me rather than on not murdering helpless little animals like chicken-killin dogs.
    Fuck those guys, HA. There's a high road because somebody has to take it.

Start shooting their pets.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Walp, I'm at the beginning of a neighbor problem, just don't know what neighbor. In late May, the Mrs and I went away for a week and stopped the mail. When we got back, I found this Postit was in my mailbox. I didn't tell my wife because I know my wife. Jump ahead late July and we find that the garden hose in our yard had been cut in the night with garden shears in 10 places and a small important figurine from the garden was taken. We found it when the wife posted about it on HOA FB page and someone said they saw it 25 yds up the trail to the lake that's behind our house. So we have it back, in the house. What's that unsigned note say to you? Neighborly tip or veiled threat? Two events not connected?

Attachment 383065
    maybe you live near a hockey coach?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Fuck those guys, HA. There's a high road because somebody has to take it.

Start shooting their pets.

Never go full Alaskan!

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    No... We will see what happens with the HOA. Although the CC&R says no fence, maybe I can get some sort of exemption. It's a nice dog. Too bad the new neighbors are self-centered. I don't think that it is too much of an ask for them to respect my property. We'll see. Asking them to place their dog on a long lead is apparently too much.
    Yeah, thats my all else has failed and this is continuing to happen on a very regular basis solution...

For OP how about suggesting an invisible fence for the neighbors? Might solve the issue
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    For OP how about suggesting an invisible fence for the neighbors? Might solve the issue
    It'll work great, so long as the neighbors agree to wear their collars at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Or see recent electric tennis racket comments in another thread
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    We have 3x. I'd place one on my property, if the owners agreed to have their dog wear the collar

We used to live in a small townhouse complex. There wasn't a ton of parking inside, so some people had to park on the street outside the complex. The neighbor across the cul-de-sac from us had three vehicles, with the third being a rusty old Chev that was basically used for dump runs. How a family of 5 managed to always have a truck full of garbage(that couldn't be recycled or get picked up on garbage day) is beyond me. This truck was always parked on the street outside, and unfortunately that happened to be right outside our kitchen window. And always have some kind of junk in it, whether that is a broken bed frame, TV stand, or old kids toys. It only moved once it became too full of garbage so that it had to be driven out somewhere and emptied.
    This gentleman also sat on the condo board with my wife. About 8 months prior, a new couple moved in and started slowly taking over the board and the complex through lies and bullying, but that's another story.
    So one day I decided that the best course of action would be not to confront the owners, but to do something petty and underhanded that I could laugh about every day. So I bought a big bag of birdseed. And every afternoon as I drove home, I would toss a handful in the box or around the truck.
    Fast forward about 12 months, and we've sold the condo and moved to a different town. We invite some friends from the condo(who also sat on the board) over to our new house. He begins to tell us about how our old neighbor would complain at meetings about the birds in their neghborhood because they were always shitting all over his truck.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot