Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbors...

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Some people mulch leaves with the mower instead of raking this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    thats ^^what i do, the pieces of leaf fall down between the grass blades so it stilll looks like a lawn, you don't need to rake or do anything with the leaves and its good for the lawn

except I miss timed it this year and a big storm blew the leaves ever ware
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You should move to my neighborhood. I haven't cut my grass since June.
    My yard is all rocks; my landlord replenished the rocks when I moved in. I'll never cut grass here, thank god.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

When I was a resident I didn't have a lot of free time to mow the tiny lawn. When I finally got around to it the grass was too long for the manual mower to cut. I had to use a scythe.

Our neighborhood in Sacramento is 50 foot wide lots, with small detached garages in the back. Now there's a faction that thinks all cars should either be parked in the garage, in the driveway next to the house, or on the street, but not between the front lawns. Is this a thing? We had friends living in our house, the neighbor called us and asked us to have them not park in the driveway because she didn't like seeing a car when she looked out her side windows. We did not comply.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Got one less now. Weird seeing a body coming out of a neighbor’s house. Attachment 429661

Sorry to hear, that shit sucks.

Several years ago my redneck neighbor was out bbq'ing with his wife and son-in-law. We hear a commotion look out the window to see our neighbor get cold-cocked by the SIL and knocked out. We go over to see what is happening (we were pretty friendly with them, they'd let us borrow tools, help work on my truck, etc.) and cool down the situation. Redneck neighbor gets up and locks himself in the house and refuses to talk to anyone. SIL calls cops because the neighbor hit him with a spatula or something. Cops show up, neighbor's wife, my wife and cop go knock on the front door to try and talk to him. As soon as the cop knocks on the door we hear a gunshot and scatter. Poor guy blew his brains out. Now a nice family with two little kids live there and there's way less drama.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    ^^^ that ain't bad, I've lived in the Ozarks, whole new world for yard piles.
    Just when i thot it couldn't get worse they dropped a 50 yr old junk camper in the middle of the lawn on oil drums last night

if i open a window i can hear the banjo music

Is it banjos playing Nickelback?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Is it banjos playing Nickelback?
    This guy?
    . . .

I can't tell if he is real french or just a quebecois ?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    This guy?
    Too many fart on your stupid mother French accented words, not enough picks.

Neighbors...

We live at the end of a semi-private road, rural-ish area, and are trying to get natural gas to our place and get the propane monkey off of our back. The proposed gas line would run alongside the other utility lines going down the road, but because natural gas wasn’t explicitly called out in the existing easements the gas company is working on getting new easements from our neighbors, which has been a slow process but we’re almost there.

Except one neighbor, who wants some kind of compensation that would, of course, be passed through to us. I’m trying to decide how annoyed I should be, but my initial reaction has been less than positive.
    focus.

Tell them you will offer a 12 pack of Schlitz.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    We live at the end of a semi-private road, rural-ish area, and are trying to get natural gas to our place and get the propane monkey off of our back. The proposed gas line would run alongside the other utility lines going down the road, but because natural gas wasn’t explicitly called out in the existing easements the gas company is working on getting new easements from our neighbors, which has been a slow process but we’re almost there.

Except one neighbor, who wants some kind of compensation that would, of course, be passed through to us. I’m trying to decide how annoyed I should be, but my initial reaction has been less than positive.
    Do they know it's coming out of your pockets or do they think they're negotiating with the gas company?

12 pack seems more than fair.

Neighbors...

I’m guessing that they think they’ll get a few bucks from the big gas company. Though the guy gives off a douchey enough vibe that I wouldn’t be shocked if he knew he was squeezing me.

Edit: Just re-read the email from the gas company, and they definitely let my neighbors know that any amount would be passed directly on to us. As it stands the gas company is waiting for an amount from them to communicate to us.
    focus.

I’m guessing that they think they’ll get a few bucks from the big gas company. Though the guy gives off a douchey enough vibe that I wouldn’t be shocked if he knew he was squeezing me.

Edit: Just re-read the email from the gas company, and they definitely let my neighbors know that any amount would be passed directly on to us. As it stands the gas company is waiting for an amount from them to communicate to us.
    Tell him if you don't get the natural gas you're moving to a 40 gallon propane tank that will need to filled 3x a week. At 4am. And they have to back down the road with back up alarm for safety reasons.

Neighbor is going to take the extra cash and turn around and have the NG company run a line to his house?

This seems like a massive pain in the ass to save some money, why not switch to electric systems?

Start a hog farm.

They said no compensation needed. I take back all the bad things I thought about them.

Funny story, we actually have a wild boar hunting preserve right across the street. Not your typical hog farm, but…
    focus.

They said no compensation needed. I take back all the bad things I thought about them.

Funny story, we actually have a wild boar hunting preserve right across the street. Not your typical hog farm, but…
    http://lacucina.blog/recipes/pappard...d-boar-recipe/

Walking out to mow earlier and the dysfunctional neighbor’s son living in his mom’s house behind me walks out at the same time. His adult girlfriend who lives in his shed (yeah, 50 something, been there 2 years now) flys out of said shed, thrown something at his head, nails him hard, and he then swings with all he’s got and knocks her cold out. He’s a big guy too.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. Never seen anything like that before.

His 80 year old mom comes out screaming at him. Girlfriend comes to and even more screaming ensues.

Cops showed up. Both are cuffed and stuffed.
    Mom called the cops on em. What the actual fuck.

Keep in mind these are $700k+ houses around here. And she’s living in the shed.
    People are weird.
    Just got home and the dogs are pissed at something out the back. Cops left this time without them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1671575789.608124.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	439156

"boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Just got home and the dogs are pissed at something out the back. Cops left this time without them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1671575789.608124.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	439156

Jesus. Did they even attempt to investigate the obvious grave back there?!? Fucking worthless cops.

Shingles are looking a bit rough.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"