Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbors...

We have a neighbor with a light that stays on too. He also puts up ugly orange construction fence as a snow fence in the winter. He also has a generator that kicks on when the power goes out. But my dog used to shit in his yard so I figure we're even.

With all these doorbell cameras we have to use air rifles to take out the bulbs from a distance round these parts.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I had a neighbor who was the matre'd at a restaurant, he developed a habit of bringing the bar home to party, at some point got out of hand playing football in the street at 5am

the last time he did it I backed my moto-X bike up to his window just across the property line at 9am on a sunday morning cranked it up and flat tracked the unimproved back yard for 15min, did it every 15min till he went to work at 4pm, I smiled and waved at buddy on his way to work that day he looked tired

never needed unkind words but the message was clear ... fuck with my sleep and you won't sleep either
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Guy behind us used to walk through our backyard and down our driveway to catch the bus, which saved him maybe 30 feet of walking. He said "hey, let me know if that's a problem, OK?" Now we have a fence.

Good fences make good neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Did you get a permit for the fence?
    no permits needed for a fence here. Only requirement is the finished side (aka nice side) must face the neighbors.

My neighbors' flood light was always shining in my bedroom window at night. So I burned his house down.
    Problem solved!

My neighbor started flying a Confederate flag about a week after he moved in a couple years ago. I thought uh oh, douchebag alert, but he has turned out to be a decent neighbor.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I grow a 14' green
    hops, grapes and blackberry fence
    It's nice on both sides and inside my tummy
    Dis on the mo mos all you want
    Theyre odd
    But they make great neighbors
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    One of our neighbors is a cop and when shit started going south he put lights outside the house. Then he put more up. Then a few more. Half are on light sensors so they go on a little before dark which is pretty early now and the others are on motion sensors. Basically the place is lit up like a baseball stadium at night very time a car goes by or a deer walks down the street. We've all asked him to tone it down and been told to shut up and go away. He says that if the people he has trouble with at work find out where he lives he wants to be able to see who he's shooting when they come to "visit". There's another guy at the corner that's a detective and he rigged the perimeter of his property with pressure and motion sensors that set off sirens when activated.

Not only will the town not do anything they think it's a great idea and these two guys will keep us all safe with their "precautions". I can tell you that it sux when the critters are moving around at night and set everything off.
    You people ever hear of these cool devices called "shades' or "blinds"? They double by keeping him from looking at your wife when she walks around the house nude at night.

That’s like telling XC skiers to just wear earplugs if the snowmobile noise bothers them when they are in wilderness. The burden should be on the perpetrator.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I've got a neighbor that thinks whatever space is left in my trashcan after I haul it to the curb is fair game. Twice I've gone out to add something to it in the morning before the truck came and it was stuffed full with the lid 6" from being close-able. Last Wednesday I took two of his bags out, put them in his driveway, and added mine. I thought for sure when he saw his garbage in the driveway that afternoon he would come over and apologize. Not a word.

Anyway, super nice guy, just this one weird thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    My neighbors' flood light was always shining in my bedroom window at night. So I burned his house down.
    Problem solved!
    The answer to most things.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    never needed unkind words but the message was clear ... fuck with my sleep and you won't sleep either
    ^This

I'm finally not living in an apartment building anymore, and man, thinking back I don't know how I put up with that shit. Worst was in Arizona. After living peacefully for about 6 months, this spoiled ASU fuckboi moved in above me and stomped around and screamed at the tv playing fort nite or call of duty every day. Happened to also have the parking spot next to me and would park over the line every day. I started parking the work truck in that space so close to his car he must have taken notice and eventually chilled with that. He only lasted about 7 months in that unit, I'm guessing there were more people complaining than me.

About the same time he moved out, this couple moved in next to me. Shared a bedroom wall with their bedroom wall. Almost every night they're up until like 2am, just talking, arguing, etc. Never, not once, was I woken up from them fucking. I mean come on, if you're going to wake me up in the middle of the night at least make it interesting. Those folks also got the point, when I started blasting music at 4am when I was getting up for work.

Most entitled assholes I've ever lived amongst was Scottsdale AZ. No one picked up their dog's shit, drivers and road rage were worse than NYC, and social scene was completely fucked. I felt like a man among boys, and I'm not grown up by any stretch of the imagination. Shame, because it's a beautiful state.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    so first you trespass and steal their lightbulbs
    then
    code enforcement ken em
    anyone ever tell you
    yur a shitty neighbor bro
    thou shall not steal dont apply to you?
    ya wanna narc people out for codes cool
    theft aint
    thats not straight chutin pardner
    our neighbors gave us a grand worth of rock
    and the wife brings them home cooked dinner every sunday
    #buildthewall

winning
    I leave the light bulbs on the property
    It's not trespassing if it's not posted.
    We don't call codes on all the unpermitted construction, unpermitted second and third units and the like around here, just this guy.
    Who started out by dumping a bunch of rip rap in our yard so he could expand his parking when he converted his LTR to a STR.
    Who tells his renters to park on our property and use our bear box--which costs us money.
    Who rents to up to 20 people and doesn't clean properly between parties
    Who calls the police repeatedly to report us for things that aren't crimes--like asking the renters to pick up after their dogs shit in our yard and to not throw cigarette butts in the pine needles he doesn't clean up.
    We will do everything we can legally to shut this guy's rental down and make no apologies for it.
    And fuck you too.

Short version:
    bought our first property, a shitshack dilapidated fishing cabin on a PNW river.
    neighbors rode horses through, I asked them not to, he shows up drunk a couple of days later with a club and swung at me, then left. He showed up a couple days later drunk with a buddy, each packing 9mm lugers, proceed to shoot over our (mine, wife's, another neighbor and her 2 little kids) heads. They unloaded around 50 rounds.
    called cops, no show for 4+ hours. cops took our statement, came back 20 minutes later saying they couldn't do anything and we needed to get a restraining order.
    got the restraining order, neighbor moved within the year.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I had an asshole of a neighbor who wasn’t very mechanically inclined. 3 to 4 times a year I would dump oil underneath his car in his driveway. He spent lots of time at the Audi dealer.

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Ok, so it sounds like my solution makes everyone happy. But if she figures it out, I have recourse.

https://www.jacksonwy.gov/DocumentCe...OR-zone?bidId=
    Last edited by rideit; 11-15-2020 at 08:01 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    I had an asshole of a neighbor who wasn’t very mechanically inclined. 3 to 4 times a year I would dump oil underneath his car in his driveway. He spent lots of time at the Audi dealer.

That is going right into the back pocket. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Short version:
    bought our first property, a shitshack dilapidated fishing cabin on a PNW river.
    neighbors rode horses through, I asked them not to, he shows up drunk a couple of days later with a club and swung at me, then left. He showed up a couple days later drunk with a buddy, each packing 9mm lugers, proceed to shoot over our (mine, wife's, another neighbor and her 2 little kids) heads. They unloaded around 50 rounds.
    called cops, no show for 4+ hours. cops took our statement, came back 20 minutes later saying they couldn't do anything and we needed to get a restraining order.
    got the restraining order, neighbor moved within the year.
    Ghandi??

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Yup. That one’s impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Ghandi??
    No.
    Friend of in laws was in another property dispute with a neighbor, also in Cascappalachia.

The neighbor came after him with a hammer, he shot and killed the neighbor.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Yup. That one’s impressive.
    Yup, that's beautiful.

lol. that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I've got a neighbor that thinks whatever space is left in my trashcan after I haul it to the curb is fair game. Twice I've gone out to add something to it in the morning before the truck came and it was stuffed full with the lid 6" from being close-able. Last Wednesday I took two of his bags out, put them in his driveway, and added mine. I thought for sure when he saw his garbage in the driveway that afternoon he would come over and apologize. Not a word.

Anyway, super nice guy, just this one weird thing.
    Definitely odd. I have a work dumpster that people constantly throw random shit in too. It's not odd though because it's unlocked in a back alley, it's easy to do and generally hard to figure out the asshole doing it. But it still drives me nuts, when we remodeled our place last year and we needed every square foot in it for construction debris and people would constantly fill it up. Some dumb ass threw in a ton of shit with their address all over boxes and shit though, on a day where we really needed the space. So I took all their shit out and put it on their doorstep. Took me about 6-7 trips and I felt so smug doing it.

I realized a week later it was the wrong door. Long story short: The '1/2' part of the address was confusing and the asshole was a neighbor in a separate building. Whoops. But I eventually caught the dumb fucker putting shit in my dumpster red-handed a month later, that was sweet, but I do feel bad about triumphantly putting all those boxes in front of the wrong door. Fack.