Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbors...

Did you try to politely ask them to stop like a normal human?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Jewish Space Lasers.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Did you try to politely ask them to stop like a normal human?

Don’t be a fun sponge

Neighbors...

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    a fisher cat is going to be hard to come by here.
    I’ve got a spare. PM your address.

Name:  Image1642612544.714628.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  128.9 KB

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

As a retired real estate attorney i had client's come in with neighbor problems all the time. I figured out quickly that asshole neighbors are the worst since there are usually no effective legal remedies. I strongly suggest to always get a survey when buying real estate unless the seller can show you the property corner pins. Why would you buy something for a shit load of $ if the seller cannot show you what you are actually getting? Driveways or fences over property lines are very common. Multiple times I saw buildings encroaching over property lines. Don't trust people to know where their property boundaries are. Always better to make the seller remedy the issue. The last thing is to actually read the Covenants if there are some, and think through the implications.

People always ask me if they need to hire a lawyer when buying real estate (only about 15% do). My answer was "No, but I make a lot less money off the people who hired me before they bought the property than the ones who hired me after." Dealer's choice. Unless you understand the "Exceptions" in your title insurance policy you may be buying legal problems along with your property. Do not trust your realtor to make sure everything is OK. It always amazed me how many people would put more time and research into buying a stereo or car than a house.
    Last edited by Mudfoot; 01-19-2022 at 12:59 PM.
    Gravity Junkie

How do I get rid of the homeless people in front of my office?

They are already feeding the geese.

I don't have a high powered laser.

My father in law loved his xmas gift but my mother in law didn't. Therefore I do have one of these but I think its an extreme solution I might get in trouble with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flamer.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	401891

Name:  51033AB3-9DB2-4DE6-B2BE-A714A85D700F.jpeg
Views: 1079
Size:  151.2 KB

They will steal plywood and live on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    They will steal plywood and live on top of that.
    Yep, I was about to say that. Portland put boulders under overpasses in a few strategic spots, and now there are tents on pallet foundations on the boulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Don't trust people to know where their property boundaries are.
    QFT

I just found this out when I was home for xmas but thought it was pretty funny considering my dad is one of the least confrontational people I’ve ever met.

We moved across town when I was in 6th grade, our neighbor was a dick, and I knew it at the time. Apparently when we built a shed directly adjacent to the driveway dick neighbor comes over to inform my dad that he built the shed over the property lines. Little did dick neighbor know, my dad had already had the property line verified and shed approved. When dad informed him of this he said it was bullshit, so my dad put up a fence on the real property line, which was about 40ft past the shed.

There are monuments in four places but my property has six corners. I have an nth gen photocopy of a faded drawing showing measurements between six pins with angles.
    But no longitude/latitude. There is a way overgrown cedar hedge that approximates the boundary in question. It hasn't been an issue so far. But I am sure that could change. We're on the 3rd property owner next door in 20 years and they are pretty cool. I guess whomever sells first will have to get a survey done. And I suppose I should try harder to find those two missing monuments.

[QUOTE=dan_pdx;6518330]Yep, I was about to say that. Portland put boulders under overpasses in a few strategic spots, and now there are tents on pallet foundations on the boulders.[/QUOI

it's called "elevated living- a cut above"..............

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

The only way to deal with asshole neighbors is to be the asshole neighbor.

Been there done that
    Not going to do that again
    People get really bothered these days by being treated nicely, it’s more fun this way lately
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 01-19-2022 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The only way to deal with asshole neighbors is to be the asshole neighbor.

Neighbors...

Anybody know what flag this is?
    It’s a gold USA on a white background with a dark banner through it.
    Redneck part-time neighbors put it up FYI, they also have a blue lives matter flag.
    Name:  Image1662329821.986039.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  113.2 KB
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The national flag of Freedonia
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Maybe the flag of the local militia group? Ask the neighbors about it when you bring them a cake, and report back. I'd start with "That looks like the flag we made for my Boy Scout patrol. What's it for?"
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

What is that on the flag? A gerbil?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Looks like a map of the US of A to me
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    There are monuments in four places but my property has six corners. I have an nth gen photocopy of a faded drawing showing measurements between six pins with angles.
    But no longitude/latitude. There is a way overgrown cedar hedge that approximates the boundary in question. It hasn't been an issue so far. But I am sure that could change. We're on the 3rd property owner next door in 20 years and they are pretty cool. I guess whomever sells first will have to get a survey done. And I suppose I should try harder to find those two missing monuments.
    Tips:

A bearing [eg N22-18-29W] is the acute angle formed off the meridian. They increase in different directions depending on quadrant.

Sum of the interior angles of a closed polygon is N[umber of sides] - 2 * 180, so you're looking for an even 360 degrees of interior angles enclosing your 6-sided lot, which could be of help if you end up having to "figure out" where to look for your pins.

Most monuments of the last 100 years have some iron in them, usually rebar but it could be a buggy axle or a gun barrel or something even stranger. Amateur metal detectors kinda suck because they are too slow to scan quickly, but can still help if you go slow. Your pins can be above, flush, or below ground. Try to keep any tape measure straight and horizontal, as horizontal distances are typically what is shown on deeds/plats. 100' tape 1.4' off line = 0.01' difference in taped distance, same with tape not level...

You can prob find a more legible copy of your plat at your county GIS. You may be able to take the info on bearings and draw your parcel to scale from the legal description in your deed.

When folks were arguing with KSL about the route of the Olympic Valley to Alpine across the White Wolf property and close to the Granite Chief Wilderness they went back to the old surveys which reference prominent landmarks like large boulders etc. Except that no one could find any of the landmarks. Apparently the surveying was done in a bar in a Truckee hotel, with minimal if any field work.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Tips:

A bearing [eg N22-18-29W] is the acute angle formed off the meridian. They increase in different directions depending on quadrant.

Sum of the interior angles of a closed polygon is N[umber of sides] - 2 * 180, so you're looking for an even 360 degrees of interior angles enclosing your 6-sided lot, which could be of help if you end up having to "figure out" where to look for your pins.

Most monuments of the last 100 years have some iron in them, usually rebar but it could be a buggy axle or a gun barrel or something even stranger. Amateur metal detectors kinda suck because they are too slow to scan quickly, but can still help if you go slow. Your pins can be above, flush, or below ground. Try to keep any tape measure straight and horizontal, as horizontal distances are typically what is shown on deeds/plats. 100' tape 1.4' off line = 0.01' difference in taped distance, same with tape not level...

You can prob find a more legible copy of your plat at your county GIS. You may be able to take the info on bearings and draw your parcel to scale from the legal description in your deed.
    Thanks. I got that part covered. It's the massive amount of trees, shrubs, debris, wood pile, etc that are in the way. I don't really need to find them right now, and I'm not clearing all that just for giggles.

New neighbor knocked on the door last evening as it was getting dark in the rain. This is New Hampshire, no one knocks on anyone’s door. I don’t know my other next door neighbors last name, they’re just Bill and Wendy. Never been in anyones house in the hood, northern New England is cool because no one gets in anyones else’s bidness. Her and her partner just moved from Seattle. So I hear the door and head out to look out the kitchen window and see nothing, reach into my shorts to scratch my ballz as I’m looking out the dining room window, I lock eyes with the new neighbor. Open the door and walk out into the entryway, neither one of us extended hands. Cool she wants to introduce herself. Excellent, welcome to the neighborhood. She then ask’s to exchange contact info. My wife and I, value our privacy, no Facebook, twitter, no bullshit, it’s so freaking nice. She wants to get to know us and have us over for tea, I told her straight-up, we have lived here for 20 years and have never been in anyones yard let alone house, and that we were never coming over for tea and that I hade no reason to exchange contact info with her. What say you?
    crab in my shoe mouth