Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Sobriety

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    No one cares
    Take a lap
    Oh I'm aware, but thanks for driving it home. While it may be true that no man is an island, I'm working on setting the record for narrowest isthmus.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Oh I'm aware, but thanks for driving it home. While it may be true that no man is an island, I'm working on setting the record for narrowest isthmus.
    clever.
    the point is, people DO CARE. Many less fortunate humans need a helping hand sometimes.
    I'm not a big AA guy but thank god there are so many willing to be there for others that are struggling. Having a sponsor to call when desperation kicks in. My brother's keeper, kinda stuff. The barometer of division in this country is remarkable right now. I've lived in Hawaii, for example, and the aloha spirit is something to behold. Helping others, strangers , and expecting nothing in return. Respect and kindness is the norm. Like a Dead show, the energy is incredible. I wish we inject that into society in general. Good luck with that. People are seething these days. Remember how nice everyone was after 9/11 ? it lasted 2 weeks.
    MEAN PEOPLE SUCK. it was a bumper sticker.
    have some class, insulting people for fun is low life scum bag. Live by example.
    Live Aloha every day
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Fair enough. At least it's all in the evening. I toke almost every day but total consumption is about 0.5 grams per week. Just the pre-roll would probably leave me too lit to function, or at least enjoy myself. Doing that every day is as hard for me to wrap my brain around as drinking a 12-pack of domestic.
    I appreciate you saying something to start the convo. Today was day 2 on my cutback.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Bourbon/hard liquor is my vice, it just goes down too quickly. When itís in the house, I will drink it and pretty quickly. When itís not here, as long as I resist the urge to hit the store and resupply, I donít miss it much after a day or two. I havenít had a drink since Sunday and realizing now that I have an actual problem, Iím considering taking a very long hiatus, or quitting altogether. I know there will be wine at thanksgiving next week and Iím already starting to stress about it. Thanks to everyone for being so honest about their struggles. Itís been reassuring.
    Assume Thanksgiving will be with family? Depending on whom is hosting it, maybe best to have a conversation with the host about the efforts you are doing trying to cut back to a period of not drinking. Mention you want the same as what will be at the kids table if you have one as one example of a way to not have it in front of you. Stop and buy a favorite juice (grape or whatever) or Sparkling Juice that would be your drink for any toasts if you do that, or just have some alternative like a seltzer or just water with the meal... Family and Friends and the dynamics of them supporting your efforts and respecting the "I am not planning on drinking alcohol today and passing on the offer of wine or other alcohol.) Don't stress just have a plan or alternative and reveal you will be passing on any offer of alcohol for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Needles View Post
    I appreciate you saying something to start the convo. Today was day 2 on my cutback.
    I hope to inspire others. I don't mind asking the TOUGH questions. I wear my heart on my sleeve, I yam what I yam.
    Having a problem and being in denial is a problem. Be honest with yourself. Sneaking around, hiding booze and thinking people don't see it is bullshit.
    As far as turkey day, I'm gonna lay low on this one. Corona and all that. I've had plenty of big fun turkey days, gonna offer this one up.
    in my monday outpatient zoom meeting monday, they went around the "room" and asked about the plan for abstaining. Like little kids that can't keep their hand out of the cookie jar.
    Maybe some people have no self restraint with booze around, getting triggered and shit. That ain't me.
    that's when I decided that these silly zoom meetings weren't for me. Shortly thereafter, a counselor called me into a sidebar zoom, one on one. I laid it out for her and she agreed that the zoom wasn't for me. I'm an advanced intermediate, if not an expert on this stuff. Turned ouit I knew her dad through windsurfing from back in the day. Yeah, I know that guy. just to wave and say hi.
    shaka zula
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzHmunZxJeM

I am almost surprised at the number of people who shared some very intimate information for the purpose of helping. Lots of people who have been there done that. And put it out there. You might fool you're self?
    But not the people here.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I am almost surprised at the number of people who shared some very intimate information for the purpose of helping. Lots of people who have been there done that. And put it out there. You might fool you're self?
    But not the people here.
    YOURSELF ?
    what ARE you talking about ?
    fooling who about what ?
    sounds like nonsense. No offense, of course

Sobriety

Made sense to me

MTT...one day at a time, and celebrate the victories as opposed to dwelling on the defeats
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Made sense to me

MTT...one day at a time, and celebrate the victories as opposed to dwelling on the defeats
    I'm ok today. It was a short lived escape.

On a lighter note. The new meds and doeses are working. Blood sugar 109 last night. 104 right now. And I am starting to get some energy. +. Appointment with vascular surgeon for out patient something on December 10th. Resume out on three opportunities all through unsolicited requests from body shops

On a lighter note. The new meds and doeses are working. Blood sugar 109 last night. 104 right now. And I am starting to get some energy. +. Appointment with vascular surgeon for out patient something on December 10th. Resume out on three opportunities all through unsolicited requests from body shops
    MTT ,
    I don't know your history, I've been out of the loop on TGR for quite awhile.
    Best of luck, sounds like you've got some serious stuff going on.
    I thought you were calling me out.
    My bad

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    https://www.twitch.tv/treyanastasio

Live now. Been a weekly thing for a while now.

Trey raising a ton of money for alcoholism/addiction.

trey.com/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

trey.com/donate
    Yup. Trey has been through hell and back with his addiction.
    Almost lost him.
    Glad he is sober and happy now cuz that dude just shreds.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I happened to be watching an old Warren Miller Flic last night and Was thinking.

What happened to Jeremy Nobis? Did he squirt out the other side OK?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Jesus Iím over the hill.

ďOldĒ Warren Miller in my book is Scot Schmidt in Snow Country and Steep and Deep

they have a bunch of the warren Miller stuff on YouTube right now. The one with Nobis had to be 15 years ago. Right before the multiple DUI's running from the cops stuff. So I was genuinely curious. Shit I still have Dynastar Legend Pro Riders in my line up. The Orange Clown Shoes.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Covid cloister is a muthafacka.
    Big spike in booze and drug abuse. I finally pulled the plug and did 5 days in a rehab center. My head is still spinning from the experience.
    6 weeks of no work turned into a bit of binge drinking. An old snowboarding buddy from out west mentioned he had gone on the wagon a month ago and it sparked a few phone conversations. he was on the same program. very successful guy. great hotty smart wife and 2 sons. stuck in the house week after week, the day drinking slowly escalated until it became a real problem. This dude is a hot shit snowboarder, successful businessman and a hardcore dead head back in the day. great guy.
    big respect for him.
    did some zoom meetings with him. I've done AA on and off for years and never really thought I had a ...problem.
    then, last week, I went on a bender. impending election, an old friend passed away. I was so fed up.
    put myself in the hospital for 2 days. couldn't eat or drink even water. so nauseous. afraid I might have a seizure.
    they offered me a rehab program and I swallowed hard and said FUCK IT...why not?
    Clearly, booze had become...a problem.
    I could go on for 3 pages on the experience. Good and bad.
    I really want to hear the feedback from you guys.
    I still want to believe that I can control my drinking because 99% of the time, I can.
    it's that bender mode that becomes a big...problem.
    Maybe I should quit entirely, but I really enjoy the party and stay in control most of the time.
    any and all feedback is encouraged.
    slippery slope, that booze.
    I can usually make it down a no fall zone but sometimes a lil slip turns into cartwheels to the bottom.
    OK its 2am jand im stoned after a night of work soapologies if this comes off a bit dickish or condescending or whatever, but Ima call out a couple things you said just cus I think they're worth saying not cus im any better than you.

You say 99% of the time it isnt a problem. The one percent you are focusing on that you are having a problem is the tip of the iceburg for the actual effects this is having on you and your life. Its just the effects that are most immediately apparent in the short term, but theres the health costs which are real, but more than that, theres the cumulative effect on who you are and how you live your life by keeping this habit a part of your life. If you stopped drinking, and started looking to other things to provide meaning and fulfillment i your life, who would you become and what experiences would you grow into? maybe its more true with pot, but still valid with alchohol, but i feel like imbibing on a regular basis as habit just becomes a part of living a life that in many ways revolves around and caters to those habits and the choice to put energy into unhealthy things spreads into other aspects of ones life, and much of this I think goes unnoticed by many people until they are sober.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

they have a bunch of the warren Miller stuff on YouTube right now. The one with Nobis had to be 15 years ago. Right before the multiple DUI's running from the cops stuff. So I was genuinely curious. Shit I still have Dynastar Legend Pro Riders in my line up. The Orange Clown Shoes.
    Nobis signed my Sessions jacket, right across the front. You sure ? he said . Cool dude.
    That running from the cops in an Avalanche truck in park city is an epic tale, of drunken,ballsy stupidity.
    https://forums.alpinesnowboarder.com...-jeremy-nobis/

Be strong.
    Support those who need help, if only, with a kind gesture that says you care.
    The struggle is real.

Great read.
    Do your homework
    https://www.tetongravity.com/story/C...your-sobriety#!

That running from the cops in an Avalanche truck in park city is an epic tale, of drunken,ballsy stupidity.]
    Have you met my good friend, Frozenwater?
    Spoiler alert: he got away, making him a legend.
    Last edited by rideit; 11-22-2020 at 12:13 AM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

I thought Frozenwater was a legend for his bare breasted karaoke
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

trey.com/donate
    Wasted
    https://youtu.be/LnjXTPJ2XKI

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Wasted
    https://youtu.be/LnjXTPJ2XKI

Actually the farthest thing from wasted.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...