Gore-tex Pro Bibs with No Vents?

Recently picked up a set of TNF Mountain Pro GTX pro bibs.

Tried them on at home and was shocked to find the bibs don't have any venting / airflow at all. Only way to cool off would be to take off the suspenders and torso section... and I guess leaving the fly open. Seems like a big design flaw / oversight, especially given I'm pretty sure the "Mountain Pro" line wasn't generally released (I found it at a TNF Outlet) and is meant for ski patrollers?

Perhaps the rationale is that Gore-tex Pro should be breathable enough not to require vents? Anyone able to speak to this in practice? This is literally the first time I've ever had snow pants or bibs without vents, but also my first GTX Pro piece, so I'm not sure what to expect.

I was hoping to use these while touring, but that idea's out. But if I can use them at the resort with the occasional half-hour hike in colder conditions, I can live with it. Or if they're just going to be too stuffy, just return them.

yeah, I also looked at them on sierra. Price is great, however, total lack of venting... GTX Pro is the least breathable GTX out there

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    yeah, I also looked at them on sierra. Price is great, however, total lack of venting... GTX Pro is the least breathable GTX out there
    My understanding is post-2012-ish GTX Pro should be more breathable than regular GTX. Claims I've read is that Pro should be about 30% more breathable than the previous version of GTX Pro-Shell... which I believe is now just standard GTX 3L.

Trying them on, they seem like decent bibs. Wouldn't pay full price for them, but decent value on sale. Well built, burly face fabric, decent fit. Not as on-point as Arc'teryx stuff, but hey, it's TNF and heavily discounted. The lack of vents feels like either a deliberate design decision or a massive oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by kimchijajonshim View Post
    Recently picked up a set of TNF Mountain Pro GTX pro bibs.

Tried them on at home and was shocked to find the bibs don't have any venting / airflow at all. Only way to cool off would be to take off the suspenders and torso section... and I guess leaving the fly open. Seems like a big design flaw / oversight, especially given I'm pretty sure the "Mountain Pro" line wasn't generally released (I found it at a TNF Outlet) and is meant for ski patrollers?

Perhaps the rationale is that Gore-tex Pro should be breathable enough not to require vents? Anyone able to speak to this in practice? This is literally the first time I've ever had snow pants or bibs without vents, but also my first GTX Pro piece, so I'm not sure what to expect.

I was hoping to use these while touring, but that idea's out. But if I can use them at the resort with the occasional half-hour hike in colder conditions, I can live with it. Or if they're just going to be too stuffy, just return them.
    ~50 degrees and under, it doesn't matter. My old black powder bibs haven't any vent (except for buttflap)
    50+ spring days, particularly in direct sunlight, you may end up hating yourself with no vents. But at that point, just wear shorts, whatever.