Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    If you recreate in areas without cell service, buy this thing. It's a no brainer.
    Yup. I didn't much when I lived in Utah, but service can be sparse around these parts. Will make the wife less nervous for sure.

I put in in the shopping cart and waited til this morning when the buzz was gone and it still seemed like a good idea.
    Likely won't use it for skiing considering the coverage around here, but good for MTB and river trips.

Also on sale at Cabelas, and for the Canadians on sale at Sportcheck and Altitude.

Bought it last night. Babies in our life now and our lifestyle choices have a different meaning!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Bought it last night. Babies in our life now and our lifestyle choices have a different meaning!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sale ends tonight.
    Just bought one thanks to this thread.
    We don't have babies yet, but may practice making them tonight.
    Tonight's purchase makes me feel as if I am planning ahead for once.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Got mine a few days ago and started fiddling with it. Went with the cheapest annual plan. Maybe I am dense but you can only send messages to email addresses and not cell phone numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Got mine a few days ago and started fiddling with it. Went with the cheapest annual plan. Maybe I am dense but you can only send messages to email addresses and not cell phone numbers?
    Nope -- you can send to phone numbers too. Mine goes to both. Setup on explore.garmin.com. All my presets go to my wife and a local adventure buddy -- both their emails and cells.

Looks like it’s still on sale at REI and Costco. The Costco ad says it comes with a free month of service. Anyone know if that’s standard regardless of where you buy it?

FYI, deal is still available from many vendors. I just ordered one from Cabela’s which has 12% cash back through active junky.

Thanks for the active junky tip, jerlane. I just got one from Cabela's.

PSA: Inreach Mini $250 from REI

also appreciate the PSA

Promotion Code?

I am activating my inReach and see a field for Promotion Code.
    Does anybody have a promo code to save a few bucks on the monthly subscription?

Snagged an Inreach for Christmas. It came in handy this weekend when an exploratory jaunt turned into a 9.5 hour slog. Being able to send out a message saying "we're okay but we're going to be happy if we don't need headlamps to find the truck" certainly put my wife's mind at ease, particularly when I could follow up with an "it's all good" message once we got to the truck.