FS: Pair of Cushcore XC 29" Inserts, Brand New

I bought too many Cushcore XC inserts for my demo fleet this season, and I've got one pair left over. Brand new, never used 29" pair. Comes with two brand new valve stems.

$100 picked up around Boulder, or will ship within the US for an extra $10. PM if interested.

Help an uninformed noob out here but what does the cushcore bring to the table - just protecting expensive rims (which I don’t have) from damage or improved ride (less rim strikes, etc) while still running lower psi? Hope that made sense...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Corner store junkies giving advice

Quote Originally Posted by miahw2828 View Post
    Help an uninformed noob out here but what does the cushcore bring to the table - just protecting expensive rims (which I don’t have) from damage or improved ride (less rim strikes, etc) while still running lower psi? Hope that made sense...

Kinda both, but primarily the latter.

Ok cool...being late to the party on everything I’m only recently playing around with lower pressure but just hate feeling rim contact. Smmoken what does you day to day look like, make it out to surrounding areas between Boulder and the dental capital of the USA much to somewhere we could meet?

Corner store junkies giving advice

Quote Originally Posted by miahw2828 View Post

I don't have experience with the Cushcore XC, but from the Tannus Tubeless:
    1. They do provide a level of protection from rim strikes, but they are not a license to run pressure that is too low. If you run a pressure without an insert that is guaranteed to hit a rim, you'll still likely hit a rim with the insert in. If you run a pressure that might hit a rim without, then you may not with the insert or it may be a lighter impact.

2. They do improve ride quality with improved damping of trail noise, they also reduce squirm on hard corners. This is the more worthwhile improvement (for my general, non-charging into gnar, riding).