Anybody know of failures, issues, problems, catastrophes with Attack Demo Toe?

Curious because I have limited experience with them (and no problems) and heard something unsettling.

Bought new skis (NOS) for first time in decades and was planning on using low mileage Attack Demos.

Anybody have first hand knowledge of issues or extensive use with no problems?
    Yeah, I know: they're going to kill me/I'm gonna die.

Thanks in advance for sharing relevant information and/or genuine humor worthy of this forum

I bought a set that were on a pair of JJ's 10 yrs ago, remounted them to a set of super fats, no problems IME
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I’ve skied hard on them a bunch and never had a problem.

it went through a redesign a few years back so probably would help to specify if you mean gen 1 or Attack2 AT.

You should disclose what you heard and see if anybody has had that experience.

As far as demo bindings go they are some of the best... but they are still demo bindings and with that some sacrifices have to be made.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I've got a few dozen days on both Gens (Gen1, Attack13 and Gen 2, Attack14 AT) without incident.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ive never seen or heard of many issues and we are a large retailer and use these on some of our demo fleet
    my demo binder of choice
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I find that I need to use a 10mm shim under the toe to get a flat ramp angle when using Attack2 AT Demo bindings with (first generation WTR) Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD boots.

The AFD can be adjusted up or down to accommodate different toe heights, so ramp angle varies depending on the boot type used.

The adjustable AFD height is what convinced me to go with 2 pairs of Attack13 (2nd gen I think, brakes not screwed in with heels.) I could use them with alpine and AT boots, maybe do the Lindahl mod, share the skis with son and pals, and maybe fine tune boot position.

My experience thus far has been <10 days with lightly used first gen Attack13 demo (AFD that doesn't move and brakes that share front heel screws.)

It's second or third hand if I repeat stories from the source in SLC who is a bit of a tech geek and Pivot snob. If no one here has had issues and I couldn't find examples when I searched, I'm not going to sweat it. Thanks for the vote of confidence in the bindings.

Had 2 fractures a zillion years ago before most bindings released properly and one 30 years ago from pre-mature release (my fault for gaining weight and not adjusting properly), then there was a tele mishap in '08, but I digress. I don't like to worry about bindings

I probably have way more than 100 days on the Attack1 demo toe - which isn't exactly like the Attack2 - but it's very similar.
    (Most everything I have is mounted with Attack1/2 demos.)

They've been very bomber. They may have less elasticity than some other bindings, but that's not a flaw, just a design decision.

I and some of my friends have been on Attack2's too, though not as many days. Still totally good.
    (The Attack2 is what you're talking about with the height-adjust toe piece that will accommodate most any tech boot - alpine/gw/wtr/tech, and the brake is attached to the heel piece, not the rail.)

If I were to pick any demo binding, the Attack would be far preferred to anything else - I've never had a single issue.