View Poll Results: For Pullover hoodies only do you want inside of fabric facing out?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want the bumpy part of fabric which normally faces in facing the outside

9 17.31%
  • I want the smoother side facing the outside

34 65.38%
  • I am ok with either way

9 17.31%
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

FS 2019-20 Bross Hoodie PreSale PreOrder by maggot Demand !!

Ok this is now the thread for all things related to getting a Bross Hoodie

Please refresh this page with each visit as it is constantly being updated

By maggot demand......freeride systems bross hoodie project / presale / preorder

Scope of Work
    1. We will be doing the zippered version
    2. We will be doing a pullover version
    3. We might make pants...but they take longer to make because i have to figure out a waistband material and make patterns from scratch and field test them....we don't make anything we haven't put thru the ringer....

Timeline for Project
    1.updated 11.17.20 PreOrder Closed No New Orders
    2. We will begin production within 2 days of Pre-order tabulation (update: 11.17.20 Fabric Ordered min 7 days to delivery) (update: 11.17.20 Pattern work on Schedule and will take 7-10 days to complete / should finish as fabric is delivered) (11.17.20 deciding whether to get a jump ordering the YKK zippers or wait for patterns to complete to confirm zipper sizes)
    (11.17.20 we will be using the black freeride systems logo labels that we used on baselayer shirts/applying them down at the waist level front/ our embroider could not schedule us till after Jan 1 - so that obviously did not work)

12.4.20 fabric finally arrived , ykk zippers have been ordered, reworked patterns finished, cutting soon...
    12.5.20 began spreading fabric for cutting today....cutting will run thru tues. monday will take pieces for outsourced embroidery...altho we decided today to add our own inhouse embroidery for 2021 so this will start saving a lot of time, speed up production and less logistics

12.24 sewing pullovers, sewing parts of zips that do not get embroidery, pullovers will finish earlier than zips, still waiting on embroidery vendor for 2 zip fabric pieces (chest/arm)....waiting now way too long...we are looking at our own inhouse embroidery machines tajima most likely, will not help this project speed up unfortunately....

12.28.20 pullovers finish this week , QC, then shipping by next week..... zip hoodies lag due to 3rd party contractor/vendor...
    12.29.20 getting very close on pullovers (pic)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hoodies.jpeg 
Views:	211 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	355390
    1/4/2021 Shipping many pullovers , Still waiting on 3rd party embroider to do their part on zip hoodie pieces of fabric....they have been holding the pieces of the garments since 12/10/20 wtf??? tail wags dog....
    1.5.21 embroidered pieces finished today for zip hoodies and moved back to production facility
    1.25.21 zip hoodies (and orders that have both zip and pullovers) to begin shipping this week Jan 25-29

3. We should complete job within about 30 days of Start of Production
    Notes: We will not be continuously cutting and sewing this project from when it begins. We will cut, brand, then sew, trim out in segments as we can work in to our current work flow. This may mean that things sit for a week or so until we have a small window of opening. If this were a scheduled job with finite size,gender,fabric we would finish in a day from commencing work.

Pricing

PLEASE PUT YOUR SCREEN NAME IN THE NOTE SECTION IN FINAL STAGES OF CHECK OUT ON OUR WEBSITE

PAY LINKS REMOVED (update 11.17.20) Project Closed to New Orders

PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY DISCOUNT CODES OR YOU WILL B REFUNDED

WE HAVE EXTRA ORANGE, SAND AND LIME - SO EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT ON PREORDER LIST YOU CAN ORDER

OLIVE PULLOVER HAD TO BE CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF FABRIC - FEEL FREE TO ORDER ORANGE, LIME, SAND
    APOLOGIES - SORRY

ONLY THOSE THAT PREORDERED AND ON LIST FOR OLIVE ZIP ARE OK TO ORDER - ANYONE NOT ON LIST WILL HAVE TO BE CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF FABRIC - APOLOGIES SORRY

NOTE: OUR eCOMMERCE PLATFORM CHARGES SALES TAX IN ALL STATES. THEY KEEP IT , REPORT IT, AND PAY IT - ITS NOT US AND WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT

*Based on past work with the Bross 3.0 fabric in black which I think will be the same as this orange, I dont think making a pullover out of it will work very well. It does not have the stretch of the regular R-1 , but not absolutely sure til sample in hand

Fit , Sizing and Genders:

1. Bross 2.0 We will add tall sizes to the zip hoodies
    2. Bross 3.0 will be made to same fit as Bross 2.0 by us making pattern changes to accommodate difference in fabric drape and stretch)
    3. Do we need mens and womens cuts?

4. Pullover Hoodie measurements ( NON zippered garment) pic coming
    Here are the 2013 measurements for a pullover hoodie in size Large (NO zipper)..... if there is demand

Freeride Systems Size Large (which is like XL in most other brands) applies to this garment as well as our Antero jackets
    (note: this is different sizing than our baselayer shirts - which are about same as most other brands)

Length from neckline (not top of neck fabric/but the neck seam) down back to bottom hem 27 1/4"
    Arms..center back to end of cuff 35 1/2"
    pit to pit across front 25 3/4"

Colors, fabric weight and Specs:

update: The maggots have spoken and the smooth face of fabric will face out and forward
    Limited fabric quantity as noted below
    i will not finalize till i have fabric in hand and will post pics and compare to past productions

yay or nay these

Tentative Colors
    1) Orange hardface, I believe Bross 3.0 weight fabric, orange background/ orange dots I think this even has DWR (just like the old black dot 3.0 Bross which fit tighter than reg 2.0 - however, i can adjust the pattern this go round to make the fit close to the same as the 2.0 - we skilled like that ! , Enough fabric to make 100 +- of these

2) Lime Green, I believe Bross 2.0 weight, oval grids instead of square......not sure on weight of this yet.... till in hand - maybe enough to make about 50 hoodies

3) Sand/Taupe, I believe Bross 2.0 weight, w square grids ......not sure on weight of this yet.... till in hand - maybe enough to make about 50 hoodies

4) Olive, I believe Bross 2.0 weight, square grids ......not sure on weight of this yet.... till in hand - maybe enough to make about 10-15 hoodies

5) SIDE NOTE also all those fabric colors we made base shirts from in last run are still around crimson , red, charcoal, purple.....too light for zip hoodie i think....hell we still have some of those shirts here: https://www.freeridesystems.com/prod...de-in-colorado

Lime Front (weight pretty close to past Bross 2.0) looks a little more vibrant green than pics appear
    slightly stretched which is kind of what it looks like pressed against your body

Name:	limeFront1.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	347579

Name:	limeFront2.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	347580
    Lime Back

Name:	limeBack1.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	347581

Sand Front (same weight as past Bross 2.0) Def looks more tan(darker and taup'ish) in person

Name:	sandFront.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	651.8 KB 
ID:	347582
    Sand Back

Name:	sandBack.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	660.3 KB 
ID:	347583

Olive (weight pretty close to past Bross 2.0) A bit darker in person
    Olive Back could not capture color at all very well - grids are slightly smaller than past Bross 2.0

Name:	SAgeFront.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	347584

Orange (heavier than Bross 2.0 exact same as past Bross 3.0 has DWR) Def NOT bright orange / looks more subdued and burntish / can see dots in some pics below / deck shot maybe closest but not close to exact in real life lol
    hard to capture color perfectly, def looks orange in person and not Red at all
    Orange Front

Name:	orangeFrontdeck.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	347588

Name:	orangeFront1.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	347585

Name:	orangeFront2.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	347586

Name:	orangFront3.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	449.3 KB 
ID:	347587

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	351194

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	351195

Garments being Discussed

Bross Pattern used for Bross 2.0 and 3.0
    Note:
    Raglan Sleeve (has no top of shoulder nor arm hole seam)
    Cuffs
    cinched hood and waist
    front kangeroo pocket
    front ykk zipper

Name:  partt.png
Views: 3180
Size:  343.8 KB

2013 Pullover Hoodie
    Note:
    traditional top seam on shoulders
    traditional seam for arm holes
    rolled over end of sleeve with stitch
    elastic cord cinch for hood with single cord lock
    kangeroo front pocket
    tall ninja front face covering/hood that rests bundled at neckline when not in use - a bit like a Shemagh

Name:  pitz.png
Views: 2294
Size:  589.2 KB
    Last edited by Micol; 01-15-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

last year?

dang, now i need to think about choices.

i'm 5'11 (and a half!) and i weigh 155 sopping wet. i assume small or small/tall would be the move for me?

i'd be interested in two - one for me and one for wifey

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    last year?
    you mean last year in business, or last year hoodies, or ..........lol.....my brain is ........computing...but having to shut down an restart...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

i'm 5'11 (and a half!) and i weigh 155 sopping wet. i assume small or small/tall would be the move for me?

i need some mags with similar sizes to jump in that own bross please
    could be small tall , depends on wearing loose or tight
    www.freeridesystems.com

What is the logic behind changing the sizing designation based on piece? I mean, if someone is a medium across all other brands and types of clothing, why would you have them be a medium in some of your clothes but a small in other types of your clothes. That just seems unnecessarily complicated and would lead to unhappy customers.

I get that different pieces will have different sizing in terms of actual construction. But if you make the jackets bigger such that people who are a medium should order yours in a small, why not just call the small a medium?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Searched your site for ‘bross’ and it returned nothing. Link?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks MiCol for doing this again (again and again)!

I'm looking forward to color/sample pics...

John
    John

www.ReRax.net/index.html ... The Smarter way to carry gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What is the logic behind changing the sizing designation based on piece? I mean, if someone is a medium across all other brands and types of clothing, why would you have them be a medium in some of your clothes but a small in other types of your clothes. That just seems unnecessarily complicated and would lead to unhappy customers.

I get that different pieces will have different sizing in terms of actual construction. But if you make the jackets bigger such that people who are a medium should order yours in a small, why not just call the small a medium?
    this is a great question and one that seems easy but actually is hard and i agree with you...

The original jackets were made back in 2010. They were janky. The following year I moved into industrial production setting and made all new patterns with new design yet still kept the measurements on the perimeters in place. things like armholes were changed, different fabric breaks, different systems for cords, grommets, etc. while things like body and sleeve length stayed the same. However, because of those 2010 original perimeter measurements, the main pattern block size was already off. It wasnt till later years when demand increased and more volume was being done that this became more of an issue whereby we needed to explain it to every customer...however, it is nice to interact with everyone that buys before we ship to make sure things are right.

In order to change all those in the pattern making software is a task. I tried to change things when we made completely new garments like the baselayer shirts and harrison fleece vests and jackets which are on about the same as all other brands sizing.

However, every jacket i make starts with the antero base pattern block and i build up or down from there. once the new garment is made the computer makes all the other sizes based of that "block"

The long story short is that all the outerwear jackets patterns except for a Parka (Antero 4) have been created in the past and its just not easy...not sure if this makes sense...
    www.freeridesystems.com

I’m down for
    1 m tall olive mens
    1 s tall Olive womens
    Last edited by wwwllw; 11-11-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Stoked! I'm hoping these hoodies would come back. I'm in for the following:

QTY 1 Orange 3.0, zipper, large

QTY 1 Olive 2.0, pull over, large

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

sorry mang product not up yet till i have the fabric swatches , i can post the old products with sold out tho if that helps but dont will be creating a new product and links to do this production run...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Me: 5'11.75", 185 lbs, wear a 42 long sport coat off the rack and it fits like it's tailor made. Waist is 34" usually but more like 35" right now due to the COVID-19.

Bross 2.0 in medium. Arms are plenty long and the fit is snug but not tight. I regularly wear it over a dress shirt. Over a wicking layer or 2, there's plenty of room but it's not baggy.

As I noted in the other thread, please get my name in line for
    Add me to the list Whiteroom....

1 Small zip in Lime Green
    1 Medium Zip in Olive
    1 Medium zip in Sand/Taupe

Willing to be a beta tester for the base pants...let's call it 34" waist, 32" inseam if I win that lottery.

thanks everybody! remember this was not planned but by demand so it's a bit of a moving target if it seems UNorganized..... but we will bring it all together !!

WRG is assisting with this but lol....he is away from computer for an hour...as again...this was not planned but ppl were asking so....
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

im 5'7" 140lbs and have a small, I can wear it over layers no problem. You will need longer for sure.

I would be in for at least 1 in each weight weight. So a (1) and (2) and maybe a (3)
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

This was the 2.0 product page

https://www.freeridesystems.com/prod...idlayer-hoodie
    www.freeridesystems.com

Definitely in for 1 med+tall zip lime green

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Updating my request from the other thread:

2x medium pullover
    1x small pullover

No color preference.

Thanks!

^Thanks
    and Thanks all, .......Please stand by for list update WRG is coming back in from meeting to his computer and will make new list

He is 5 minutes out.....
    www.freeridesystems.com

I would like 1 medium tall no zipper/pullover hoodie in black, but since that appears unavailable, I will take lime green or sand.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Ok, reading all this, at 5'9" 165 (30" inseam, 33" waist), it sounds like I'd be a medium in a more baggy fit where I could easily layer under it and a small in a more slim fit?

I'd probably choose medium. Unless it seems like it would be hudge on me.

If you made XS for a small lady I would buy one for my wife.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’ll chime in later with more sizing/fit info. Believe I have an OG medium bross 2.0.

Probably in for a backup too

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

I’m in for 2 pullovers

Medium orange

Small tall sand or olive

Thanks!

I am in for a large zip up orange and a small sand for the mrs.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?