Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Has anyone broke the news to Nobis?
    Jeremy? he’s devastated.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Amity set a new Women's record as well......and she is just about the dreamiest chick on two wheels. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Amity set a new Women's record as well......and she is just about the dreamiest chick on two wheels. Awesome.
    Excellent point. I should have mentioned that when I started the thread but I hadn’t read/watched far enough to see. So congrats to Amity Rockwell, fast as shit.

There's a good video about the whole thing on the front page of pinkbike.

Amity's record has already been broken 3 times. Which is kinda crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    There's a good video about the whole thing on the front page of pinkbike.

Amity's record has already been broken 3 times. Which is kinda crazy.
    Watched it last night, pretty sweet: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WeFkg9nwDE8

I’m pretty sure they did not cache water; don’t think that’s allowed for the FKT and they both said water was their biggest issue.

Women’s FKT was soft. I think Amity took 15min off then it was dropped by another hour.

Cell signal only up along the pavement and maybe a patch down toward Portal.

We rode it counter clockwise the week after their attempts; it was worse on sand then a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If I was pedaling along enjoying the views of the White Rim, maybe talking to friends as I moseyed along and I saw some kook with aero bars and a helmet pass me and run through a sand pit, I would have laughed.

Bored type A athletes gotta beat up on something.

Did that WR in a day a while back. Had 2 camelbak bladders and a single speed. All I remember is roads of sand and slick rock. Ate like a champ that next day.

I've done WR in a day.

If by day you mean 4 days booze cruising it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I now have something to train for. E bike adventure next spring!

Bump!

And the Pinkbike armchair QB's (who've never ridden the White Rim) still trot out "gravel bike" "hard tail" - as if the pro's don't know what kit to use...

I'm looking to do this as prep for Kokopelli.
    It won't be record pace.

April 2nd / 3rd appears to be the date if anyone wants to pedal in the desert for a few hours.

Update on above:
    My calendar is getting crazy.

Is there anywhere that someone recommends for a ride like White-rim: relatively fast, non technical desert riding with moderate climbing for about ~100miles but is easier to access from the Front Range?
    Anything in the Pueblo area?

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Update on above:

Is there anywhere that someone recommends for a ride like White-rim: relatively fast, non technical desert riding with moderate climbing for about ~100miles but is easier to access from the Front Range?
    6 laps of the Dirty Bismarck?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That's some weird sex thing that Booner is into, isn't it?

I'm not googling that.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Update on above:

Maybe Rabbit Valley...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hahahaha.... that would be brutal. Especially if you picked a particularly windy day.

You could also do 16 laps of the Niwot Loop. I'll set up a support stand with lemonade and cookies.

It would be brutal. It's actually great training for a White Rim multi day trip, though.

Lots of options in the South Platte for that length mixing single track and dirt roads.

Parking at Reynolds Park. Riding the north fork trail then heading east on the Colorado trail. Indian creek south. Get to deckers. 560 to Wellington lake. Big loop out in Buffalo creek. Co Trail segment 2 back to the north fork.

Non technical and pretty fast miles. I did the Kokopelli last year and this would be solid training.

Update on above: