Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Booked onto Hokkaido in January (if they’ll let us in country) and trying not to buy any new skis.

Thinking of bringing:
    1) 192cm Movement SuperTurbo 115 underfoot
    2) 181cm Line Sakana 105 underfoot but with a 150mm tip

Both will have the Lindahl FrankenCAST binding system.

If I break down and buy new skis probably going for a Pescado or Head Kore 117.

Admittedly I havent read the full thread, but inserts are obviously handy for travel - especially if drilled for both alpine and tech binders, if both resort and BC skiing

Always been a two ski travel quiver person.

189cm Kastle BMX 105HP and 189cm ON3P Billy Goat was a pretty magic combination for me, though I actually thought there was still too much overlap.

Recently switched to BMX105HP and Praxis Protest to maximize the epic days

Kusala Pures extra stiff with Vipecs. Something heavy with metal around 110mm with Shifts. Something around 1600g with tech race bindings and a homemade high riser. I can usually leave one pair behind based on destination, weather reports and/or time of year.

I’ve been looking for a pair of 189 BMX 105 HP as a travel ski. Seems like a good all rounder for trips.

We definitely have a different idea on touring speed Lindahl!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I’ve been looking for a pair of 189 BMX 105 HP as a travel ski. Seems like a good all rounder for trips.
    I've tried sooo many 100-110mm skis since buying the BMX HP's in 2017... simply because I'm never 100% satisfied and am always searching for new sensations on snow. Tested the Mantra 102, Stance 102, Enforcer 104, QST 106, Cochise, Mindbender 108, Atris, Corvus... alllll the fan favorites. I can honestly say I've never found anything I'd give the BMX's up for.

Powder skis on the other hand. Can't stop searching for "the one"!

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    I've tried sooo many 100-110mm skis since buying the BMX HP's in 2017... simply because I'm never 100% satisfied and am always searching for new sensations on snow. Tested the Mantra 102, Stance 102, Enforcer 104, QST 106, Cochise, Mindbender 108, Atris, Corvus... alllll the fan favorites. I can honestly say I've never found anything I'd give the BMX's up for.

Powder skis on the other hand. Can't stop searching for "the one"!
    I’ll keep looking for a pair of 105 HPs then.

Yeah, powder skis... I’ve tried all the big players, but keep grabbing the BMX 115s. Had to take the bindings off them inorder to force my self into grabbing other skis. Bindings are going back on, they just work with how I ski powder.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Booked onto Hokkaido in January (if they’ll let us in country) and trying not to buy any new skis.

Thinking of bringing:
    1) 192cm Movement SuperTurbo 115 underfoot
    2) 181cm Line Sakana 105 underfoot but with a 150mm tip

Both will have the Lindahl FrankenCAST binding system.

If I break down and buy new skis probably going for a Pescado or Head Kore 117.
    Brought just Black Crows Noctas (122 waist) to Hokkaido and they were fun. Maybe coulda used a second pair around 110-ish that had a little more heft late in days when snow got cut up.

Otherwise, typically 1-2 ski quiver for travel: Corvus and Noctas. 1-ski would be Corvus.

I definitely wanted a 105-115mm width ski in Hokkaido, not just my Protests.

A buddy, who is more of a skimo nerd then me, took a 108 Ranger and said it was enough.

Thanks your post

Renegades w/ cast, devestators w/ alpine binders, ravens w/ dynafiddles. 1 or 2 boots depending on your preference and there’s not a single condition you can’t absolutely slay with this quiver. Renegades and ravens with cast if you want one less ski. I’ve personally got an active quiver of around 20 skis. But if I was forced to pair it down this would be my move. There’s a few skis that could sub for the devestators but nothing can touch the renegade and raven.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Renegades w/ cast, devestators w/ alpine binders, ravens w/ dynafiddles. 1 or 2 boots depending on your preference and there’s not a single condition you can’t absolutely slay with this quiver. Renegades and ravens with cast if you want one less ski. I’ve personally got an active quiver of around 20 skis. But if I was forced to pair it down this would be my move. There’s a few skis that could sub for the devestators but nothing can touch the renegade and raven.
    I've read your posts about the Ravens before, but can you explain the choice a bit if you're already bringing a wide full rocker ski with the Renegade? I haven't skied either, but the Ravens look a lot like a narrower Renegade. Are the Ravens really that good in steep firm?

Line Sick Day 104 w/ Shifts was a solid 1-ski travel setup for me last season. I'm pretty sick of the shifts though, as many in this thread are.