Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Pandemic Breck Recs

Looks like me and the boy will be in Breck for about a week after President's Day this coming year. Given the uncertainty of the pandemic I find myself prioritizing a private hot tub as opposed to ski in/ski out in case lockdowns kick back in. It's been forever since I've skied Breck and it's apparently impossible to input exactly what I want in the usual Airbnb/VRBO sites.

I PM'd Blurred but haven't heard back yet, which Summit County Mag wants to point me towards the goods?

Thanks in advance of course.
    I still call it The Jake.

Good luck.

https://www.summitcountyco.gov/Alert...for-COVID19-18

And that's before lifts spin.

Holy fucking tone deaf entitlement, Batman. How about you don't take a ski trip this winter, you selfish fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Holy fucking tone deaf entitlement, Batman. How about you don't take a ski trip this winter, you selfish fuck?
    Oh, are we still doing that? How'd you even get up on that horse? Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Good luck.

https://www.summitcountyco.gov/Alert...for-COVID19-18

And that's before lifts spin.
    Yeah, well read up on what's in place and preparing for the worst which is why I'm looking for a self-contained unit/place with a decent ripcord policy.

I think you're in the wrong thread. Here you go: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ast+Coast+Roll

Glade, you seem exceptionally angry this morning. Is there anything you'd like to discuss?

Bmills, if they don't let you into Summit County, you can hit up Cockaigne. I know a guy who knows the owner.

https://cockaigne.com/
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Glade, you seem exceptionally angry this morning. Is there anything you'd like to discuss?

Bmills, if they don't let you into Summit County, you can hit up Cockaigne. I know a guy who knows the owner.

https://cockaigne.com/
    Holy blast from the past. Did they actually reopen? Good on them. PM incoming.

If you wanna play that game lets play it. Here are the rule: Glademaster gets to weigh in on everyone's COVID compliance. He also gets to develop of public policy response to the fall out.

Fly or drive?

Dine in Take out?

Chairs or Gondi?

Public Bus?

How many non-household people can share lodging?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    How'd you even get up on that horse?
    It's a horse with low standards.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

spoken like a real hardcore two year and done local you'd fit right in bro i"m kinda bummed you didn't take the job here cause I would have made sure your binder at hr was at least three inches thick before you left you need some pussy or change your mmj subscription to somthing that will mellow you out or stop drinking and smoking all together and get a better diet unless your just trolling

now that we got the d bag out of the way
    polis has recently said he won't shut the state down but I would never trust a politician

short term rentals are huge here many too chose from everyone is going to have a refund cancellation policy that sucks although my buddy said they were having cancelations and having people fill the unit right after it opened back up I didn't ask him his policy for refunds

eating out in breck sucks either shitty food, shitty service, or both
    might want to look into reservations if your going to go out
    I haven't eaten out since early march because it's such a shit show and limited seating and I can't imagine a shitty eating out experience year ago got any better recently

do not bring your whole god damn family to the grocery store group shopping sucked before the panic and it sucks during the panic

no matter what is going on when you get here you will enjoy yourself

If you imagine glade typing on the commode, gritting his teeth trying to pass a softball-shaped shit, it's a lot funnier.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    polis has recently said he won't shut the state down but I would never trust a politician

short term rentals are huge here many too chose from everyone is going to have a refund cancellation policy that sucks although my buddy said they were having cancelations and having people fill the unit right after it opened back up I didn't ask him his policy for refunds

I haven't eaten out since early march because it's such a shit show and limited seating and I can't imagine a shitty eating out experience year ago got any better recently

do not bring your whole god damn family to the grocery store group shopping sucked before the panic and it sucks during the panic

Thanks Fred. If we keep the trip on the books we're gonna treat it just like we have been every time we go to the beach this year: eat at home unless its outside at a distanced patio/deck; one person goes to the store; stay away from people while out enjoying yourself, take advantage of being outdoors, wear a mask, simple.

I'm seeing decent cancellation policies and good deep-cleaning policies on a lot of places, just haven't found that one with a private tub yet that fits the bill. Most airbnb's with one are 3-4 bed units and we just don't need that kind of space.

It could all go to shit of course, but that's why you plan things months in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    If you imagine glade typing on the commode, gritting his teeth trying to pass a softball-shaped shit, it's a lot funnier.
    Perfect.

Tell that turd who's boss, Glade.

According to this from your very own Georgia Institute of Tech, looks like the current risk in Summit County is pretty high.

https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post

I am no fan of Breck, the hill or especially the town, but I just dont get how one can "enjoy oneself" in that place, or a hundred other ski towns right now, especially considering the cost and hassle of flying. The whole point of the place is walking around, shopping, eating, and drinking with a little skiing mixed in. That ain't happening this winter, nuh uh. Sorry. If you cant day trip or do quick overnights this winter in a place with a kitchen, does not sound like fun. If you must, and have to fly, I'd look at a warm weather fun place. If we're allowed to go there.

Edit: How are they going to get people up on that hill with that gondola at the parking lot? Right away you have a serious choke point.

It's almost like you've never been to Londonderry when you say stuff like that.

Benny’s not totally wrong that the town is a big draw there, and if you take that away what do you have? I’ll let you know after our Beav trip over the holidays. Gonna be quiet in that village, which is fine by me. Breckinridge does family shit easy and that’s what the original intent of this trip was, get the kid back on snow while my buddy does the same with his (they’re in the same class before Glade strokes out on that bit)

Also, looking to take a break from the beach for a bit. Been there a whole lot this year. Not complaining, just need a break.

Does anyone know of a travel agent that specializes in Londonderry?

It's almost like you've never been to Londonderry when you say stuff like that.
    Technically I can't even go there right now.

[QUOTE=BmillsSkier;6125520l

Does anyone know of a travel agent that specializes in Londonderry?[/QUOTE]
    Travel agents don't exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Travel agents don't exist anymore.
    Cruise Director?

Technically I can't even go there right now.
    I know a way in and can loan you a set of VT tags for the weekend.

You may have to submit to a Covid test and a rectal cavity search but I hear the skiing is worth it.

How's the soup?

I know a way in and can loan you a set of VT tags for the weekend.

You may have to submit to a Covid test and a rectal cavity search but I hear the skiing is worth it.
    The place to go this winter is Jay Peak. Half of their customer base walled at the border, and a large part of the other half not coming from other places.

yo bmills, if you can't make it out to breck, i'll see you and the kid at beech or sugar. you can hole up at my uncle's place.
    swing your fucking sword.

The place to go this winter is Jay Peak. Half of their customer base walled at the border, and a large part of the other half not coming from other places.
    Sounds legit