Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I'm definitely going to have to hit up JayPeak this winter. I hope I don't get any crap for rolling up with out of state plates though. Do I need a reservation for parking? If I don't do it this winter, I'm going to be at least one year older when I do.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I can rent you some green plates.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Is the shuttle bus still available?

That could get you the green plates you need and lodging.
    I still call it The Jake.

I see a business opportunity brewing. Park the bus in Hoosick on Friday night, pick up customers and ...

The Pandemic Express.

I need to find something similar out west. Maybe that caboose that Dex and TJ lived in is available.

Pandemic Breck Recs

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Maybe that caboose that Dex and TJ lived in is available.
    just avoid this guy’s fate....
    https://youtu.be/IN7s73Tc1yY
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    We are forever in your debt for that BB.

I know I'm playing catchup here, but is there some new 2020 thing regarding putting up Christmas decorations?

I'll take a decorated private hot tub please.
    X

Ah, figured it had something to do with the election and meme-ery.

I bet she's got a spare hot tub or two floating around out west that she could point me to.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    To this day, and mind you, this is one of my favorite movies, I never understood why some old dude-bro waddles into a bar to grab a cup of coffee. Though it does remind me that I need to watch that classic now that ski season is right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    To this day, and mind you, this is one of my favorite movies, I never understood why some old dude-bro waddles into a bar to grab a cup of coffee.
    I assumed he was there to meet Steve too.

Steve probably gave him a different name though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I'm definitely going to have to hit up JayPeak this winter. I hope I don't get any crap for rolling up with out of state plates though. Do I need a reservation for parking? If I don't do it this winter, I'm going to be at least one year older when I do.
    What made me bring up Jay was listening to this podcast/interview with the general manager yesterday while working out : https://castbox.fm/vb/317475722

I've yet to ski there. It's just too far, with too much good skiing in between. If I have to spend a long day travelling, I'll fly.

I got the 50% Canadian market from the man's mouth. I always heard it was heavily skied by Canucks. But, another factor that would make it nice for this season is that it's not really being run as a normal business this year. It's a big hotel/conference/water park/ all season resort with really good skiing, and it's very much on the market, in receivership after the bankruptcy/SEC takeover. They really want to sell it and let somebody else run it, because they're not in the ski resort biz. The lawyers, I mean. The staff is just hoping for a new boss who keeps them on. But, anyway, they may not feel the restraints on spending that some other resort may be hit with, especially after losing last March. No, they're not going to party with hookers and blow, but you may find a decent lift and grooming situation. They also have a shit ton of new beds at the base that maybe will go cheap, especially the Canuck owned condos.

Btw, they are going to run the tram, but, no singles. And not on weekdays.
    You can see that Benny has been thinking. I ain't flying nowhere.

Just fib and say you're coming from your condo at Killington you've stayed at for a month.

In a sense, that place is really screwed , because the value of hotel/resort properties has cratered. Ask the Trump's about that.So, get it while the place is still alive. Could wind up like Grossingers in the Catskills.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Holy fucking tone deaf entitlement, Batman. How about you don't take a ski trip this winter, you selfish fuck?
    Holy fucking asshole25yrold thinksheknowseverythingdickhead.

Go fuck yourself.
    "Can't you see..."

Didn't Jay take Canadian at par as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Holy fucking asshole25yrold thinksheknowseverythingdickhead.

Go fuck yourself.
    Hey, if you spent every day inspecting wax rings in houses of the unmasked and outwardly hostile homeowners of the PNW you'd be a bit testy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I see a business opportunity brewing. Park the bus in Hoosick on Friday night, pick up customers and ...

The Pandemic Express.
    Is Grandpa Grunts still around ?

I know Gramps died but he used to make us the most kick ass breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I just dont get how one can "enjoy oneself" in that place, or a hundred other ski towns right now, especially considering the cost and hassle of flying.
    I just priced a flight to Denver in January and it was $102 round trip. As for the hassle, there's not much right now. Getting through airports is a breeze. Air travel is still down almost 70% from where it was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I just priced a flight to Denver in January and it was $102 round trip. As for the hassle, there's not much right now. Getting through airports is a breeze. Air travel is still down almost 70% from where it was last year.
    I was going to fly on miles (cause the Delta AmEx has been about useless thus year), but for the two of us flying from ATL to DEN on Delta, free bags/skis, was a whopping $130 round trip. Fully refundable too.

Why not get placeholder tickets?

I was going to fly on miles (cause the Delta AmEx has been about useless thus year), but for the two of us flying from ATL to DEN on Delta, free bags/skis, was a whopping $130 round trip. Fully refundable too.

Go Pfizer, go.

If I were you I'd look at staying in Frisco, too. That puts you sort of equidistant from Breck, Keystone and Copper.

If I were you I'd look at staying in Frisco, too. That puts you sort of equidistant from Breck, A-Basin and Copper.
    FIFY

Different strokes for different folks, of course. Point is it a nice central location and I think it delivers pretty well on the non-skiing amenities, too.

And Loveland is not far, either. Never regretted spending a few seasons in Frisco. Hardly ever went to Breck.

If I were you I'd look at staying in Frisco, too. That puts you sort of equidistant from Breck, Keystone and Copper.
    We'd always VRBO woodbridge? W Main at 70. Vail was an easy drive as well. you know, if you're into that kinda thing
    "Can't you see..."

Does DL refund if you don't fly or just issue a voucher? UA only gives you a voucher. I'm sitting on about a grand in UA vouchers right now.

That Pandemic Express at Jay Peak is sounding better and better all the time. I bet it's even got a bitchin' stereo system too.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch