Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    My roommate has woodsman 108s, I skied them, I’d keep the Sender Squads if the choice was W108s or SS. But, my dislike of everything ON3P is well documented.

I’m torn on selling/keeping the Sender Squads. I was hoping the Rustler 10 would be a low snow ON adventure ski, but it’s quickly proving to not be enough ski for me. I can justify keeping the Sender Squads, but the quiver is getting a bit big and it would be nice to get it down a bit.
    I've only owned 1 pair, the somewhat infamous 11/12 wrenegade. I found it kind of lifeless. Yes, you got back to the lift faster, but not much happened on the way. Landing in chunder was kind of fun because the ski was so ridiculously stable. But ultimately you just went very very fast without feeling like you were. I learned from that ski that I really value response/pop/energy from a ski along with stability.

I don't get the impression that the above criticism is true of modern on3ps, and the woodsman is obviously a very different shape/profile, so whether I join you as a heretic or not remains to be seen. Hopefully will get them in a few days, along with some snooowwww.

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    I've only owned 1 pair, the somewhat infamous 11/12 wrenegade. I found it kind of lifeless. Yes, you got back to the lift faster, but not much happened on the way. Landing in chunder was kind of fun because the ski was so ridiculously stable. But ultimately you just went very very fast without feeling like you were. I learned from that ski that I really value response/pop/energy from a ski along with stability.

I don't get the impression that the above criticism is true of modern on3ps, and the woodsman is obviously a very different shape/profile, so whether I join you as a heretic or not remains to be seen. Hopefully will get them in a few days, along with some snooowwww.
    We like the same things in a ski, and I don’t seem to find that in the ON3Ps I’ve tried.

Make your own decisions, I’m fine being alone on my dislike ON3P island

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We like the same things in a ski, and I don’t seem to find that in the ON3Ps I’ve tried.

I’ll join your island as long as AMER sports can be told they suck as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I’ll join your island as long as AMER sports can be told they suck as well.
    Deal, but the Jj is a pretty good ski.

Is there the thread where we inquire about pow ski replacements?

Me: 45, 5’10”, 155lb, tele skier. Tahoe skier.

Current pow quiver:
    -dps l138 r1 192cm: touring 3D snow or 3D snow at the ski hill where I won’t be skiing heavily skied out/cut-up terrain and minimal time on groomer. Love them (I’m aware that many tele skiers do not like reverse camber, I’m not one of them).
    -bibby 184cm: older model. These may be getting long in the tooth, and what I am considering to replace. I love these skis for Charging/blasting and being playful in resort conditions.

I also had some great days on the original praxis protest, known as the “hybrid” at that time, full reverse camber with some side cut, on resort pure powder days. Never used them on a super crud/cut up day. I was borrowing them. That was the gateway ski for me regarding the awesomeness of reverse camber.

I typically buy skis lightly used or through some other deal. I like skis that won’t turn into floppy noodles after a season.

I’m likely not buying this season, but maybe over the summer/fall. My older full camber experience, I’ve enjoyed volkl, atomic, and dynastar. Did not like K2. Demo’ing is a logistical challenge.

Thoughts and feeling? Another bibby/wild cat? Praxis something? Atomic something?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Is there the thread where we inquire about pow ski replacements?

Me: 45, 5’10”, 155lb, tele skier. Tahoe skier.

Current pow quiver:
    -dps l138 r1 192cm: touring 3D snow or 3D snow at the ski hill where I won’t be skiing heavily skied out/cut-up terrain and minimal time on groomer. Love them (I’m aware that many tele skiers do not like reverse camber, I’m not one of them).
    -bibby 184cm: older model. These may be getting long in the tooth, and what I am considering to replace. I love these skis for Charging/blasting and being playful in resort conditions.

I also had some great days on the original praxis protest, known as the “hybrid” at that time, full reverse camber with some side cut, on resort pure powder days. Never used them on a super crud/cut up day. I was borrowing them. That was the gateway ski for me regarding the awesomeness of reverse camber.

I typically buy skis lightly used or through some other deal. I like skis that won’t turn into floppy noodles after a season.

I’m likely not buying this season, but maybe over the summer/fall. My older full camber experience, I’ve enjoyed volkl, atomic, and dynastar. Did not like K2. Demo’ing is a logistical challenge.

Thoughts and feeling? Another bibby/wild cat? Praxis something? Atomic something?
    The new (Mindbender series) K2s are very different then the old K2s.

If you like the Bibbys, maybe just get a new pair? Currently called Wildcat I believe.

The new (Mindbender series) K2s are very different then the old K2s.

If you like the Bibbys, maybe just get a new pair? Currently called Wildcat I believe.

That’s top on my list, but when you’re a dirtbag like me, having a short list is helpful

I'm on the island too, let's get together and smoke a bowl sometime and bash ON3P.

I second this, unless you have major complaints about the Bibby, I would just get a fresh pair of wildcats. The design has been updated slightly but it is still basically the same ski.

Surprised it got overlooked - but I don't see any suggestions for the Bent Chetler 120 in here? Seems like between that and the BMX 115 you'd have pretty solid coverage. Or go BC120/BMX115/Shiro.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I have four days on my nocta now. I have a 185. 5’11 175lb. Everything from chop to mid thigh. Snow has been light though and definitely not normal east coast conditions. It floats and skis awesome. Very intuitive. It pivots and skis tight trees great. If I was in more open areas I would want a longer ski for sure, but for pow skiing in east coast tight trees the 185 is good for me.

It definitely gets pushed around in chop and if the snow was heavy at all and chopped up, I could see it being less then fun. But it will rail and blast through light and fluffy on the groomers on the way back to the lift. But you can tell it’s heart is in the deep snow.

I was skiing jesters on them and pulled them this weekend and put Duke PTs on them. Skinned with them yesterday and it was great. I like it, but it definitely leaves room for a spur or bodacious or anima or something wide with some metal for the after storm days.

Also jumping in on this thread as I'm also looking for a new powder ski. What's a narrower version of Pon2oons? These are stupid easy to ski and love the way they float but would love to find something slightly more versatile as powder days turn into powder chop days/chunder days very quickly. I have Shiros but like the OP, would love to find something that is similar but with a more tapered tip.

I'm 5'11" 215lbs and tend to like skis with more traditional mounts. Other than the Shiros, my current powder ski is 189 BMX 105, which is awesome but on bigger days, it's definitely undergunned.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Also jumping in on this thread as I'm also looking for a new powder ski. What's a narrower version of Pon2oons? These are stupid easy to ski and love the way they float but would love to find something slightly more versatile as powder days turn into powder chop days/chunder days very quickly. I have Shiros but like the OP, would love to find something that is similar but with a more tapered tip.

I'm 5'11" 215lbs and tend to like skis with more traditional mounts. Other than the Shiros, my current powder ski is 189 BMX 105, which is awesome but on bigger days, it's definitely undergunned.
    I really like the Chipotle Banana from Moment. Sort of feels like a Pontoon but 122 not 132 wide. Might mount it back a few cm though.

I really like the Chipotle Banana from Moment. Sort of feels like a Pontoon but 122 not 132 wide. Might mount it back a few cm though.

I like the concept -kind of like the shiro with tapered tips- but just a tad too wide. For what I'm looking for, would be perfect in the 110-115ish range.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

I like the concept -kind of like the shiro with tapered tips- but just a tad too wide. For what I'm looking for, would be perfect in the 110-115ish range.
    So we are looking for the same unicorn? Haha. Well it’s not the Sender Squad. It’s a good ski just not right...

Check out the Icelantic Saba 117. I’ve got two days on them so far and think I might actually like them more than my Bananas.

That’s the protest. 128 for float but a lot of taper and stupid easy to ski. Great float and good on groomers. Quick in the trees. Support the indies

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Where is the factory mount point on that Saba?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Where is the factory mount point on that Saba?
    The factory recommended line is -7cm, and I haven’t felt compelled to move the demo bindings yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    The factory recommended line is -7cm, and I haven’t felt compelled to move the demo bindings yet.
    Wish they made a 190+

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    That’s the protest. 128 for float but a lot of taper and stupid easy to ski. Great float and good on groomers. Quick in the trees. Support the indies

I’ve tried several Praxis and I’ve wanted to like them but just don’t get along with them.

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    Wish they made a 190+
    If they did it would measure 7cm shorter then they say

yo dude, you should check out the ON3P Billygoat.

Pow ski question

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    yo dude, you should check out the ON3P Billygoat.
    No

Haha, sorry couldn’t help myself.

I have yet to like any of their other skis, but the Billygoat is really really good.