Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    http://www.united.com/page/article/0...3,00.html#snow

UAL is now charging 25 bucks for your second bag unless you're have status with mileage plus. Unless they change the rules again it does not appear that the ski bag rules have fundamentally changed except for the $25 fee
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Awesome thread. Bumpage for goodness...and wtb finished writeup from Yossarian! Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by DerJaeger
    The most manly pursuit is, without a doubt, hunting grizzly bears naked, while armed with only a plastic spatula.

MINIS!

Minis can totally be brought through security in your 1qt size (thus limiting the number) baggie.

Available for purchase beyond the razor wire? Anything you might care to mix with said minis.

Flying is fun again!
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

BUMP as I'm packing and trying to cut down on stuff.

Damn, not sure if I can fit everything in a backpack (bringing smaller backpack with avy gear inside) instead of Cargo bag. Normally it's not a problem, I have ton of space with the cargo. However two weeks in South America and mucho walking from A to B, looking to fit everyhting in one bag. (I'll put stuff (as always) in my ski bag, however I want to try squeezing everything in one bag once I'm down in SA.

Not packing much underwear and a few t-shirts, two of everything takes space.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Airport: Denver/DIA
    Mass Transit: RTD Bus Line runs from downtown Denver, Boulder, and surrounding areas. $8 each way, plenty of room for ski bags underneath busses. Drop off is curbside on baggage claim level, pickup is last island out on baggage claim level. Cash only, exact change only.
    Parking: Outlying parking is $5 a day. RTD Park-n-Ride’s are free. You do the math. Nearest Park-n-Ride is Airport and 40th, about 15 mins from the airport. RTD to/from there is only $6.
    Check-In: There are semi-hidden self check-in kiosks for United on the baggage claim level, one door south of the RTD drop-off. Rarely a line. Only works for 100% carry-on.
    Security: Moderate on average. Generally, people flock to the north checkpoint; try the south checkpoint first. Alternatively, if security is totally effed at both ends of the main terminal, go up to the check-in/mezzanine level and walk north across the bridge to the Concourse A checkpoint, then get on the train to B or C if needed.
    Time to Gate: With no lines anywhere, getting from curbside to gate takes about 20 minutes.
    sunova! I have been here a year now, flown in/out of DIA countless times and just this past weekend figured out the last piece of this puzzle myself (security through the bridge to concourse A), and just now found this thread. Flying out after work I generally don't have the extra 10 minutes or so to use the RTD park-n-fly but longtermparking.com has $4.75/day coupons that make off-airport reasonable (plus $3/stay fuel surcharge WTF!?)
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

Bumpage, as i'm packing my stuff for a new years trip.

Many details are different these days, but the general message and some of the advice is still useful.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

At LAX you can avoid traffic or cluster f$$ks by taking cabbie advice
    if your flight is soon, like under one hour have the cab take you to arrivals. Much less traffic, just head upstairs and get your flight. Saved me at least 20 minutes and made my brazil flight.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by m39013 View Post
    I don't know the rules of this game
    PM Benny Profane for in person instruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

something new