New skis dilemma

The edges on my ARVti's are now down to the width a credit card so normally I'd buy new skis this year. But a few things are holding me back:

1. I've looked thru all the ski magazines that have arrived and I can't find a topsheet design I like this year. I'll ski on anything from rental to park skis to GS race skis but I hate looking at shit graphics.
    2. I may not be able to leave NJ to go skiing because of Covid so I'm not sure I need new skis to go to Mountain Creek and Campgaw mountain. Or that indoor place off the Turnpike.
    3. I made a couple bad investments and my 401k took a hit, so that rules out getting skis with custom graphics.

I'm thinking I may just keep skiing the ARVti's until they turn into a sort of B-Dog edgeless version.

I'm not sure there's a question here or that I'm looking for suggestions from anyone. I just felt like posting this in case anyone is experiencing the same issues.

Btw. Here's the graphic on my ARV's. It's kinda fucked up with headless people and a horsebody that's cut in half or something. I have no idea what the mummy in the car is doing in the picture, but somehow this appealed to me at the time and it matched my bindings, which were white.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1151
Size:  68.6 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Isn’t this why stickers exist?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Who the fuck buys skis because of the top sheets ? Looks over performance ?? Surely you jest.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    Who the fuck buys skis because of the top sheets ? Looks over performance ?? Surely you jest.
    Oh right, because skis vary so wildly in what they do...
    *Oh wait. No they don't*
    Ugly skis are a constant source of embarrassment

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I don't want to start a fight but performance is a very vague criteria. A topsheet on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    *Oh wait. No they don't*
    This guy gets it.

I think they do. I have a few pairs and they all ski very different. Some days the wrong ski can ruin my day. Perhaps I'm not bro brah core enough.

I guess if you're out there worried about what people think of you it matters. People with cool skis and bad technique.....

My question is why does 401k balance affect the decision of ski purchase? Surely you're not taking out a loan from your 401k to finance at 12%APR a pair of skis?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sierra_cement View Post
    My question is why does 401k balance affect the decision of ski purchase? Surely you're not taking out a loan from your 401k to finance at 12%APR a pair of skis?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Who the hell is paying 12% on a 401k loan?

Top Sheets Matter.

I guess if you're out there worried about what people think of you it matters. People with cool skis and bad technique.....
    For sake of clarity, I am in the *few* skis and bad technique camp.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

You've been getting some tiling practice, put it to work on your next pair of skis.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Holy shit.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Holy shit.

Why?
    if you have to ask...

yes
    they do have red ones

Wait a minute Timber. I just looked at the photo of your current skis. I have to ask: you can't find a topsheet better than THESE?!

I mean, no offense, but wtf is going on with these things?

Praxis Rx
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Or the red ones. They're faster.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Or the red ones. They're faster.
    Seventeen god damn posts.

PM Rontele.

OP has a point about do skis matter. I mean, if you are skiing Mt Creek, you probably aren’t sober, so the performance of the skis don’t really matter since the top sheets will impress the cutie next to you more then your skiing ability...

Maybe check out previous years Armadas? I didn’t like two years ago top sheets, but last year and 3 years ago were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    if you have to ask...

yes
    they do have red ones
    Those do look exquisite. Those look like the 18 DIN toes, which are more than I need. I imagine they're a bit pricey though. See 3) in my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Wait a minute Timber. I just looked at the photo of your current skis. I have to ask: you can't find a topsheet better than THESE?!

I mean, no offense, but wtf is going on with these things?
    No offense taken. They are polarizing. I've had a few inquiries from others regarding that. If you step back a bit, don't study it and try to look for a deeper meaning, the colors work together.

These could work if the birds and stuff were colored in. I could reuse my white bindings as well. But it's gonna be too much work to color all this in.

Name:  937129_926w_640h.png
Views: 401
Size:  135.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    OP has a point about do skis matter. I mean, if you are skiing Mt Creek, you probably aren’t sober, so the performance of the skis don’t really matter since the top sheets will impress the cutie next to you more then your skiing ability...

Maybe check out previous years Armadas? I didn’t like two years ago top sheets, but last year and 3 years ago were pretty good.

Yeah, I may be doing a lot of parks this year. That's why I'm thinking just let the edges wear down and go edgeless on my existing skis. One more base grind should do it.

New skis dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Seventeen god damn posts.

PM Rontele.
    Now now, someone told him to spray paint them red pretty much immediately.

Holy crap, you win the ugliest ski contest. What demented mind produced those things?

https://meierskis.com/pages/custom-skis
    C'mon, if you don't get your own custom topsheets now, you'll be one year older when you do.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Isn’t this why stickers exist?

well yeah
    ill trade ya for them flyboi shades
    fer stickers
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno