Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What are your plans this season?

How many days do you plan on skiing? Where? Do you think that you will be satisfied?
    For me: I will be satisfied if:
    7 days at Alta/Bird
    5 B-RIGHT-ON
    10 Deer Valley
    15 Solitude
    30 The Can
    10 PCMR
    2 Silverton or JHMR or Teluride (this is very questionable)
    10 days touring in the Wasatch
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

hoping for 2 weeks at PC, a week in MT, and a week or so in Tahoe.
    swing your fucking sword.

I'll ski with you in UT
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

bet that. i'll let you know when i am out there. what are you locals predicting for this season?
    swing your fucking sword.

Plans? Man plans, god laughs.

Skinning a lot, and I bought a midweek pass for Taos, but I’m not sure about lifts yet. I still don’t want to get COVID.

I'm banking on an attenuated season...again.

Currently, I have season passes for both Wolfy and Taos. I'll try to ski both as much as I can. I'll do a couple of trips to Telluride and try to finally make Silverton. I'd like a trip back to either Jackson's Hole or Alta / Snow Birdy, as I doubt that I'll be able to hit both this season. Maybe spend more time in northern Colorado- Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, A-wrap-a-hoe Basin, et al.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I’m hoping for between 100-125 days in the Tetons. Probably not traveling at all except maybe a day trip or two to UT and MT. This is why I live in a ski town. Stay home!

Skin 10 and inbounds 30-40 you know where I ski

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

What are your plans this season?

Silverton, GEMS and splitboarding in between.
    I've set very low expectations for quality & quantity of days. Maybe 30 if I’m lucky?
    Weird year...whatever happens, happens.

Try most of the small areas in Montana and nearby. I didn't buy a pass to Snowbowl , figure that I'll chase snow and what is open. Looking forward to the obscure Turner Mtn outside of Libby.

Snowbowl, Big Mtn, Blacktail, Lost Trail, Turner, Lookout Pass, Discovery, the one in Helena, Silver Mtn - should all be in play

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I'm banking on an attenuated season...again.

Currently, I have season passes for both Wolfy and Taos. I'll try to ski both as much as I can. I'll do a couple of trips to Telluride and try to finally make Silverton. I'd like a trip back to either Jackson's Hole or Alta / Snow Birdy, as I doubt that I'll be able to hit both this season. Maybe spend more time in northern Colorado- Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, A-wrap-a-hoe Basin, et al.
    Do you say you are heading up to wolfie to the barista when you are getting coffee in Pagosa?

Hopefully skiing A basin a bunch, 5 days at copper, maybe a couple monarch days and touring around home. A trip to Taos if it makes sense.

Back up plan is to just tour (obviously, right?) and I hope the ski areas have some sort of back up plan, whatever that may be, to allow skinning if the lifts get shut down.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    I’ll be happy skiing dozens of days at Purg and nights on the rope tow at Chapman Hill with the kids. Willing to take what I can get. Not traveling this year, I think even telluride is out of range for me. I don’t want to look back in thirty years and think I should have done more to prevent spreading this shit around.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    I hope the ski areas have some sort of back up plan, whatever that may be, to allow skinning if the lifts get shut down.
    If March was any indication, they’ll need a plan to keep snowmobiles from taking the place over so you can skin. Down here it was a madhouse at the resort all through April.

smoke dope, drink beer, slide on snow,
    27° 18°

trying to figure that out. Ikon, but hesitant to count on any resort skiing happening. Trying to figure out a place to move to where I can be close to backcountry skiing, but wont have crazy far to drive to ski at the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Do you say you are heading up to wolfie to the barista when you are getting coffee in Pagosa?
    I make my own coffee at home. But if I happen to nail a cute barista in Pagosa, Wolfy, or where ever, well, that's just gravy.

I like gravy and a cute barista with my coffee.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

10-15 days inbounds with 6 year old, some with my mom and step dad so i can take solo laps). Mostly Loveland on Mondays when there is currently no school. Might do short trips to Taos and/or Steamboat if Covid allows, but that's not looking so good.

4-8 inbounds days without kid. Loveland and some Abasin. Midweek powder, or sidecountry later in the season.

30-40 BC days. Winter is mostly Indian Peaks and RMNP with a couple midweek Berthoud/ I70 days. I do a bunch of shorter days squeezed in around work. Plenty of solo (often with dog) tours. Spring and Summer I want to venture a bit further if I can get time away from children. Some lines in the San Juans have my attention. Hoping to spend some time out that way in May. But there are plenty of local lines I haven't skied yet on the list too.

I also have a one-year-old. I'll get him out in a backpack on a couple mellow tours later in the season when it's warm and he's bigger/stronger.

Want to do a few days of easy/moderate mixed climbing on days when the skiing sucks. I'm out of practice. Not trying to be good at it, just comfortable enough when the need arises.

Hoping to ski with some more CO mags (or maggots passing through) this season. Met so many good folks this way when I was in the Northeast. It's tougher to arrange now that I have kids, but it's worth it. Anyone looking to get out midweek especially should get in touch. I enjoy steeps, meadow skipping, quick jaunts and epic slogs.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    smoke dope, drink beer, slide on snow,
    Veteran!

Man plans, god laughs, that's a good one.

Likely tour, if that's not crowded. Ha. yeah.

Hopefully Alpental, Crustal, Silverton. JH if I can thread it. Snow Basin.
    Though I am freaked about crowds in general and moreso now. So if there's a mob scene, I'm outta there.

Sad, but no Yurp.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

My goal is to continue to build sweet snow forts without getting shut down by any of the powers that be for being too inviting for human gatherings.

The only thing planned is a February yurt trip...hopefully the virus won't screw that up. Otherwise I will,just have to see how the season goes. Ideally a trip to Jackson, SLC environs and some CO turns. Mammoth as often as possible. Just worried about who will stay open and be functional. I certainly won't ski Vail.

Speaking of which, Jackson is limiting tickets but open to pass holders...does Ikon count for that or do Ikoners have to make reservations?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

one day at Deer Valley

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Try most of the small areas in Montana and nearby. I didn't buy a pass to Snowbowl , figure that I'll chase snow and what is open. Looking forward to the obscure Turner Mtn outside of Libby.

Snowbowl, Big Mtn, Blacktail, Lost Trail, Turner, Lookout Pass, Discovery, the one in Helena, Silver Mtn - should all be in play

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    All of these are solid options, especially if La Niña puts down a decent base early on in the season.

I’ll probably break down and buy an Snowbowl pass though. Even with covid, I just don’t see as much of a push to shut the smaller areas down, especially if all you have are double chairs.

Plus, I now have more spare time with this whole work-from-home thing, so I could see more day trips happening to one of those areas you listed.

Again, not a bad place to ride out the pandemic. Not bad at all

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4901.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	304.0 KB 
ID:	346463

First winter in JP without a pass, and intentionally so.

Touring Tohoku local peaks and forests. Weekends with the family at ski-in-ski-out cabins dotted around the region.

I started a guiding operation last winter. Worst. Winter. Ever. Never got snow. Then Covid hit. Then 2020 is like-- "Ain't nobody to guide."

There is snow on the peaks in early November this year, though... that's promising. Gonna keep it chill. Local tours by my lonesome. Hopefully learn something new. If I can learn to bag 2-3 road-side forest lines in a single day, I'll be able to sell that in the future for sure.

Day touring is easy. Stacked forest lines from a van during blizzard season that end at mom/pop restaurant parking lots is another hurdle that deserves to be overcome.

Trust me, you'll pay me for that if I can line it up into a week's long adventure.