Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Exclamation Killington / Ikon wish you a speedy Covid19 recovery

Name:  EECF5F62-3381-4A0A-B3FB-6E34A45B2C42.jpeg
Views: 2696
Size:  349.3 KB
    This is total BULLSHIT!!! You don’t know who can adhere to the Vermont guidelines?!

Name:  A0400526-C35B-40CA-B218-F319AD708F0C.jpeg
Views: 2683
Size:  421.7 KB

Well, here’s the map. But wait you’ve instituted a GPS based app for parking reservations...... if you’re not currently in state -THERE’S NO WAY YOU SHOULD BE PERMITTED TO BOOK A RESERVATION!!!

First to open, first to kill?

What's your beef? You don't want out of state people there? Are you there? Are you out of state and pissed you can't go?

Suppose, like, you own or seasonally rent your bed up there?

People will not adhere to it; we have known about corona since January, if not earlier, and a large majority still continued to do as they pleased. There is no one stopping people who will make the trip. Sorry to burst your bubble but VT wont have a fraction of the people on the mountain with only locals showing up. Any who you won’t catch me at Killington, too many people skiing in Jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What's your beef? You don't want out of state people there? Are you there? Are you out of state and pissed you can't go?

Suppose, like, you own or seasonally rent your bed up there?
    By beef is that population health related to infection control dictates that folks adhere to travel restrictions. What happens when an outbreak kills someone? What happens when the resort closes because ‘you rent a bed’? Then all the employees suffer. What happens when a child at Killington Elementary becomes ill & the school closes? Does his single mother lose her job because she has to stay home to care for him?

Or, we could follow the rules, as imperfect as they are, and save the resorts & have the best outcome for everyone. Is your skiing worth risking someone’s life or livelihood?

Yes, I am a local.

What do you want Killington Resort to do about it?
    It's a government mandated travel restriction, is it not the governments job to police the restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    By beef is that population health related to infection control dictates that folks adhere to travel restrictions. What happens when an outbreak kills someone? What happens when the resort closes because ‘you rent a bed’? Then all the employees suffer. What happens when a child at Killington Elementary becomes ill & the school closes? Does his single mother lose her job because she has to stay home to care for him?

Or, we could follow the rules, as imperfect as they are, and save the resorts & have the best outcome for everyone. Is your skiing worth risking someone’s life or livelihood?

Yes, I am a local.
    So close the mountain! Oh, wait, that's going too far, isn't it?

Fucking absurd how the Vermont locals think a place like Killington will survive with no out of staters. Like they're going to spend zillions to blow snow and groom for the thirty Rutland residents with cheap passes who drive up.

Tgr needs a Covid specific discussion area... this is a ski forum ...this shit is getting old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So close the mountain! Oh, wait, that's going too far, isn't it?

Fucking absurd how the Vermont locals think a place like Killington will survive with no out of staters. Like they're going to spend zillions to blow snow and groom for the thirty Rutland residents with cheap passes who drive up.
    Benny, perhaps you’re upset that we simply don’t need you. Not now, not this season- keep yourself safe in your state & drop the ad hominem attacks. If you want to quarantine, come on up.

What do I want K to do? Use the tech they have in place. Killington decided to scan each car via a GPS app. If you don’t have a 14 day footprint or 7 days with a negative test, kindly turn your car around.

This is all pretty simple.

What do I want K to do? Use the tech they have in place. Killington decided to scan each car via a GPS app. If you don’t have a 14 day footprint or 7 days with a negative test, kindly turn your car around.
    Vermont Department of Health:
    Quarantining at Home Before Coming to Vermont
    Quarantining Before Coming IS an Option
    If you plan to travel to Vermont in a personal vehicle (including a rental vehicle or private plane), you may complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative PCR test in your home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions. Continue to quarantine until you travel to Vermont.

Benny, perhaps you’re upset that we simply don’t need you. Not now, not this season- keep yourself safe in your state & drop the ad hominem attacks. If you want to quarantine, come on up.

What are you talking about? Are you paranoid? Scan each car with a gps app? What does that mean? Are you saying they can track you car's travel history?

MBY is nowhere near that map anymore, so take this for what it's worth:

If the concern is for the Killington-area population, I'd save some ire for the folks in VT counties that have >800 cases/million (dark blue) that seem to have free access to Killington vs. those from, say, a NY county w/400 cases/million (yellow).

Not sure Killington are the right people to enforce travel guidelines, though. Seems VT should restrict some inter-county travel if the cases/million metric is being relied upon.

I do think Killington are the right folks to not only make sure their facilities/operations are done in a manner to prevent COVID spread, but to also flex their muscle as a private company to get rid of any customers who aren't willing to do their part.

Bottom line is a-holes are gonna a-hole, and K should get rid of that factor. Doesn't matter if it is a VTer from a high-risk county or a NY-er from a medium risk county.

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    If the concern is for the Killington-area population, I'd save some ire for the folks in VT counties that have >800 cases/million (dark blue) that seem to have free access to Killington vs. those from, say, a NY county w/400 cases/million (yellow).
    14 counties in Vermont
    3 Counties with 800+ Active Cases Per Million (AKA red county)
    5 Counties with 400-799 Active Cases Per Million (AKA yellow County)
    6 Counties with <400 Active Cases per Million (AKA green County)

What are you talking about? Are you paranoid? Scan each car with a gps app? What does that mean? Are you saying they can track you car's travel history?
    ParkWhiz - Killington’s chosen app uses GPS. If you’re not in a ‘green zone’, it’s easy to void the parking reservation.

You are paranoid.

You are paranoid.
    Benny, I have volunteered to staff Covid-19 surge facilities & ICUs in both New York & Vermont. Does this sound like the actions of a paranoid person? Could I simply have a slightly better handle on the concept of infectious disease than the average skier? Is it possible that I’ve considered the ripples of our actions at a more robust depth?
    Be well.

No. I was talking about the tracker app thing. I still dont get what you're talking about. What do you think this app knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    14 counties in Vermont
    3 Counties with 800+ Active Cases Per Million (AKA red county)
    5 Counties with 400-799 Active Cases Per Million (AKA yellow County)
    6 Counties with <400 Active Cases per Million (AKA green County)
    And running the #s in more detail: almost exactly 2/3 of VT residents live in counties that do not meet the VT criteria for quarantine-free travel to, hmm, well, themselves.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

I'm all for following guidelines but if trends keep up the way they are going, VT might have to revise their categories upwards to better match what areas are comprable to VT numbers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-05 The Great Reset - rants raves.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	680.1 KB 
ID:	346331
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

my questions is how many people are really going to forgo use of thier second home in VT that they pay for?? I know of at least 3 different families down here in Pa that already have season passes and are ready to go...... I would hope people would respect the guidelines of VT which i will do , but its not liikely just listening to the people talk down here. I know one family that has a car stashed with VT plates at their house so they can park thier Jersey car in garage.....I am not trying to create an argument just pointing out a few things......I hope to see the great poeple i know on this board at some point this winter but doubt it will happen in VT....AM i allowed to be in VT if i get a test that is negative????? again i am not trying to be a dick here but its gonna be hard to keep second homers at bay and follow the directions.........
    always forward but never straight

Yeah, don't really seeing it enforced. Troopers goonna be having road blocks inspecting papers. Looks like someone coming from the NE Kingdom is just as likely to be an infected sicko as folks coming from Albany or York. Whatever. Pretty funny that Vermont.

That map has VT in blue colours representing the same groups of data as the cyan, yellow, and red. Is it done this way to intentionally make VT look like some COVID-free place or some shit? No matter the reason, having the same data shown in different colours is stupid design.

The blues worked when cases were sub 400. The state should have addressed/updated colors before rolling out winter policies. I think they know they have some explaining to do.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    That map has VT in blue colours representing the same groups of data as the cyan, yellow, and red. Is it done this way to intentionally make VT look like some COVID-free place or some shit? No matter the reason, having the same data shown in different colours is stupid design.
    This...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    And running the #s in more detail: almost exactly 2/3 of VT residents live in counties that do not meet the VT criteria for quarantine-free travel to, hmm, well, themselves.
    Yes, Vermont is in Blue & yes some are >= yellow zone. Key to infectious disease mitigation though is creating a closed environment to limit the spread. A closed systems devours its resources quickly ie the virus should run its course & run out of new hosts quickly. None of this will occur if there is a steady stream of new potential hosts or new infections are routinely brought in.