Need some boot help - replacing toe/heel pads but boot is worn

Heyya,

Need some advice. My college kid is out of state, trying to mount new bindings. First they told him the heel and toe pads were too worn to work correctly with the bindings. Good to know, ordered new pads. They went to put them on and discovered that the boot itself, beneath the pad, is too worn to properly mount the pad. SO. Great.

Is there a way to build the plastic of the boot bed back up so that a new pad can be remounted without a gap?

And if not, anybody have a good line of a pair of Tecnica Mach 1 LV 120s in a 27.5? Or a 130? Used is fine, he can just reuse his old liners. New also fine.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Heyya,

Need some advice. My college kid is out of state, trying to mount new bindings. First they told him the heel and toe pads were too worn to work correctly with the bindings. Good to know, ordered new pads. They went to put them on and discovered that the boot itself, beneath the pad, is too worn to properly mount the pad. SO. Great.

Is there a way to build the plastic of the boot bed back up so that a new pad can be remounted without a gap?

And if not, anybody have a good line of a pair of Tecnica Mach 1 120s in a 27.5? Or a 130? Used is fine, he can just reuse his old liners. New also fine.

Thanks for any thoughts.
    If you could build a mold for the complete boot plastic, i bet you could epoxy it.
    swing your fucking sword.

Depending on how those screws are locking the toe/heel pads in, you could do it yourself. There's some risk on the heelpiece if it were to catch the heel of the binder, but IMO not a huge deal.

You could also get some epoxy, slather up the boot before you place the pads on with some tape to make sure it doesn't all drip out, then screw the pads back on. After it cures sand it down. Don't use 5-minute epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Depending on how those screws are locking the toe/heel pads in, you could do it yourself. There's some risk on the heelpiece if it were to catch the heel of the binder, but IMO not a huge deal.

You could also get some epoxy, slather up the boot before you place the pads on with some tape to make sure it doesn't all drip out, then screw the pads back on. After it cures sand it down. Don't use 5-minute epoxy.
    This is what I'm considering, essentially. If a shop sees this do they say they can't mount bindings with the boots? Yes, I could mount the fucking bindings myself but I'm not in the same state he is. Also, I wonder if there is rick of it failing over time - and cause a binding problem / potential injury?

http://blizzardskioutlet.com/product...duct=*30175201

based on my math size
    3 = 22
    5 = 24
    8 = 27

message me for re-shipping options?