Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    We had this Bernese Mountain Dog mix dog that had so much fur it had to be cut way back for summer or he'd roast. This lady out in the boonies did the cutting for a few years, she lived alone and her house was way down a dirt road all by itself, no neighbors anywhere near, just dense dark woods. It was kinda spooky there, this run-down place way out in the woods.

I was joking one time when I dropped him off, I said something to the effect that you could knit a nice sweater from his fur. She said, nah, I tried that a few times but when the sweaters get wet they smell like wet dog.

wtf

That’s fucked up!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ew.
    I still call it The Jake.

Honestly what's gross about doing that with dog fur? It's not like sheep or moose are clean animals either.

Well it stinks when it gets wet, for one thing.

ever smelled a moose?

Smell my Mule
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Smell my Mule
    Get. Out.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Pm Mikey, that’s his short of choice

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    if you had knees like mine you'd wear 'em too

I butter my knees - I have the knees of an 11 year old girl
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I have my dad's Cowichan sweater. I think he bought it in the early '60's somewhere on the BC coast, some little fishing village marina/gas dock gift shop while on a cruise up there. It started life as a pullover IIRC, and he had it turned into a zipper at some point. Absolutely gorgeous and very sentimental piece that, sadly, is a little small for me. Otherwise I'd rock it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    I pull out my Cowichan sweater every now & again. It was knitted 52 years ago by my aunt and still looks / fits great. Helps that I weigh the same as I did in high school. She used a wool blend with moose hair in it, very coarse and a little abrasive but bulletproof. Rain has never penetrated it and it's been in many downpours. Now that's durability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I’ve got some 20 year old converse all stars I still wear. Losing them under the bed for about 12 of those years really helped them last.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I have my dad's Cowichan sweater. I think he bought it in the early '60's somewhere on the BC coast, some little fishing village marina/gas dock gift shop while on a cruise up there. It started life as a pullover IIRC, and he had it turned into a zipper at some point. Absolutely gorgeous and very sentimental piece that, sadly, is a little small for me. Otherwise I'd rock it regularly.
    I still wear my father's woolrich hunting jacket. It's bomber, and it's as old as I am.

I have some 30.06 casings that my great uncle qualified with as marksman in WWII.
    They were in a bag with his Purple Heart and dog tags, marked qualifying and the date from 1942, fort Bragg. I was given them after he died. He was a POW after fighting in Africa into Italy and sent to mooseburg Germany.
    I didn’t even own a rifle in that caliber but I went and bought a cheapish savage and hand a friend load up the brass with new primers and bullets. Once I sighted it in with new bullets, I let the vintage brass rip into some watermelon with tannerite on the 4th of July. Seemed fitting and was really cool. They are back in my safe for now.
    My sons loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I have some 30.06 casings that my great uncle qualified with as marksman in WWII.
    They were in a bag with his Purple Heart and dog tags, marked qualifying and the date from 1942, fort Bragg. I was given them after he died. He was a POW after fighting in Africa into Italy and sent to mooseburg Germany.
    I didn’t even own a rifle in that caliber but I went and bought a cheapish savage and hand a friend load up the brass with new primers and bullets. Once I sighted it in with new bullets, I let the vintage brass rip into some watermelon with tannerite on the 4th of July. Seemed fitting and was really cool. They are back in my safe for now.
    My sons loved it.

Well now that's pretty cool.
    I still call it The Jake.

My first down coat and vest. Mid 70's vintage. I still wear them and they're still really warm.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201105_185002.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	346428Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201105_184925.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	949.6 KB 
ID:	346427

Still using 50 year old bamboo ski poles that I bought new.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

A month ago or so I found a Sage 14 wt. that I thought was stolen about a decade ago. I have a collector's item Charlton reel (an 8500 I think) to go with it. I'm gonna replace the 20 year-old fly line and catch a sailfish with it in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    My sons loved it.

I approve this message.

I'm getting Christopher Walken vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    if you had knees like mine you'd wear 'em too

I butter my knees - I have the knees of an 11 year old girl
    Have you met Pipedream?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I’ve got some 20 year old converse all stars I still wear. Losing them under the bed for about 12 of those years really helped them last.
    I found some batman converse high tops I'd lost a while ago. Now thems snazzy.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I found this picture of my old skis from back in the day
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1604909914.540102.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	690.2 KB 
ID:	346952
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Not something I “found”, but the coolest old thing I have is an octagonal barrel Marlin 30-30 made in 1893 that my Grandfather owned as a rancher in Wyoming in the 1920’s. It still worked last time I shot it (which was some years ago).