Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'll be rolling through around the beginning of March. I've got no passes this year, but maybe this is the year to return?
    You may want to reserve your dates asap. Isn't that the case this year?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

JHMR just put out the tram rules for this winter:

1. 25 people per car.
    2. All windows open permanently.
    3. Trammies get a plexi barrier.
    4. Cabins cleaned and disinfected on the hour via an aerosol application.
    5. Masks must cover nose/mouth from the minute you hit the tram maze until you ski off the summit.
    6. They are discouraging just using a regular buff type neck gaiter.
    7. Distancing is required and mingling is discouraged.
    8. Corbet's cabin will be open with all the obvious restrictions. They just couldn't forego letting people waste spaces on the box for a fucking waffle, even while reducing capacity by 75%. You can get a waffle at the top of the gondy now.
    9. The new bootpack will go from the top of Subby to the summit.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scooter - 464" was the official season total for '88-'89; two seasons prior were 325" and 250". The next six were 308", 354", 255", 353", 288" and 385". You nailed it cuz that averages out to 331 over nine years. Holla if ya come out. That comp is pretty amazing to watch.

Schwerty - Do let's...sorry about your knee. I read your original post and almost responded with a yep, I can relate. Dood, if you wanna come out and tool around, I'm all about that. 24/7/365;
    and yeah, Lexi-Bell should come down and turn with us.

TFT - I like to challenge my patience.

Buster - if you're ready to do it, there's more than a couple of us who are down to make it a great trip for you. Pm me and tell me how you'd prefer it to happen...

Good luck this winter. This thread has me wishing I was going to be there. Shoulder surgery recovery will keep me way closer to home. Maybe next season with the boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Buster - if you're ready to do it, there's more than a couple of us who are down to make it a great trip for you. Pm me and tell me how you'd prefer it to happen...
    I'm converging on the date I'll roll out of here; I think it will be March 8th which means I could ski the 9th. There's a chance I'll leave before then, like the 6th, which would give me a couple of days there since I'm due in SWCO by the 10th.

I'll confirm once I sort out the family schedules.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

When I read the last part of your post, I immediately thought of this:

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Schindler - I just rewatched that last week! its on Amazon right now, so worth it...get your Coombs Fix, Benny Wilson, Dave the Wave...when i was out there I literally had no clue about Granite and the airforce chute, etc. even the Crags were no go, have since checked off those routes, fortunately. really hoping La Nina brings the cold smoke...I am in need!

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post

those guys should resurrect teton tv- just ski around interviewing people again. Djongo and I ran into each other the other day and laughed hard about benny Wilson's looong hair right now. it would be a hoot

Can't wait to ski with you all. I'm enjoying seeing the posts of the mags I've met before and looking fwd to skiing with a few more too

Here's some huzband stoke from last yr to get us all in the mood
    skid luxury

He skis just like me.

Sweet turns, post up that Ski break viddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    post up that Ski break viddy.

I can almost feel the snow slapping me in the face
    but glad he avoided that lady below around 30 sec
    skid luxury

tram logistics announced :

For winter 2020-21, JHMR’s tram capacity will be adjusted down to 25 people per cabin plus one operator to allow for physical distancing and to keep guests and staff safe. Under normal operating conditions, the maximum capacity of JHMR’s Aerial Tram is 100 people per cabin. Average ride times for the 4,139 vertical foot ascent will continue to be under 10 minutes, pending weather conditions. Reduced capacity will also allow for greater loading efficiency. During tram travel, all windows and vents will remain open to maximize airflow within the cabin. Tram operators will be separated from guests with clear plexiglass barriers, and tram cabins will be cleaned and sanitized hourly with aerosolized disinfectant. All operations and the number of people per cabin are subject to change pending mountain conditions and state, local, and health guidance.

Guests will be required to wear face coverings over both nose and mouth at all times while on board, when loading, and when standing in the tram line. Guests are recommended to wear a dry face covering when possible for the best protection. Single-layer material neck gaiters are discouraged. Individuals and groups are required to practice physical distancing and avoid mixing with unassociated groups. As in years past, the tram will operate on a first-come, first-served basis, and skiers and riders will queue in the tram line maze, which will be configured to maximize physical distancing

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post

I can almost feel the snow slapping me in the face
    but glad he avoided that lady below around 30 sec
    Gaaaahhhhhhhh winter can’t come soon enough. Popping pillows and takin names, much nicer than kicking ass and takin names. Hilarious and awesome edit

Peepin from afaaah. Hoping to make this season happen but that’s dependent on how healed I am. Really want to get back there firing on all cylinders.

Visited JH for the first time this past Winter, before the world went sideways. I've thought about returning ever since. Life changing skiing.
    Hopefully I can meet up with some of you all local this time around. New flexibility makes semi-spontaneous storm chasing a bigger reality, should we not go sideways again!

I just filled out a 10min survey for JHMR. Much of it was COVID related.
    No way that I would ride in an open window tram with 25 people. ....well, unless I happen to have my SCUBA Spare Air with me.
    To me, that is like asking for big trouble. This would have been the season to shut down the tram, replace the cables, and do whatever JHMR did a few years back.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

even with 25% capacity, everyone in masks and all windows open?

I'll ride that tram all day like that.

Have fun. I'll ride an open chair, or maybe a JH/Snowbird/Valluga type tram w/ maybe 10 and windows open. Even an 8 seat bucket, I'll do it with 2 or maybe 3.

I can't wait for some Gerry to try to lower the bubble when I am on the chair.

I watched that a while back and realized that the patroller that pulled Coombs' pass is my neighbor. Then I saw Dave the Wave mentioned a couple of posts back, that guy is my neighbor too.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I watched that a while back and realized that the patroller that pulled Coombs' pass is my neighbor. Then I saw Dave the Wave mentioned a couple of posts back, that guy is my neighbor too.
    so many skiers of classic fame on your side of the hill. Greg stump too- that's a fun one.
    all the tgr founders live over there- even with masks you'll recognize them by their red eyes lol
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    red eyes
    Snipe hunting.

A few holistic logistics to clear but may be able to make mid-Jan happen.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Scooter - 464" was the official season total for '88-'89; two seasons prior were 325" and 250". The next six were 308", 354", 255", 353", 288" and 385". You nailed it cuz that averages out to 331 over nine years. Holla if ya come out. That comp is pretty amazing to watch.

I will rely on my flawless memory rather than any "official" snow totals, thank you very much ;-) and I lucked into being present for the inaugural K'sandQ's event a couple years ago, and it WAS a fun vibe...watched last years event(on a laptop screen...) with special interest as a friends son participated...
    I calculate my chances of being there for that february stretch as actually pretty good...my wife is IN wholeheartedly, and my two relatively grown sons have yet to "Ski the Big One" and are fully on board with this outing...probably spend a few days at JH (Hostel X) and then head up to BigSky for a few more, possible stop in Sun Valley for some mach-schnell cruiser days as well...

No way that I would ride in an open window tram with 25 people. ....well, unless I happen to have my SCUBA Spare Air with me.
    I'm praying that everyone feels as you do.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Thanks BB, that looks like AV or Teton zones. So fun, That's what I was saying, a great skier can still have fun on any acre out there;
    - and no, not popping the rock cuz of the full winger was not an option. Triple negative?
    The Teton valley crew is deep on so many levels, young and old alike. Never know what rockstar will be sitting in the Knotty Pine.

Scooter - I prefer your flawless memory as well. And I'd trade 464 in 88 for 500+ in 2018, when Ikon exploded us.
    Funny how they used to open the gate above Casper but no access to The Crags. Always concerned about crackin the egg on skiers below on AV after Ranger Raymer was killed there in 1986.

Hope to see youse mags, It's gonna be a weird one, no doubt. And maybe less of a charge it year and more of a thank God I'm back on snow kinda year.

Mofro, your loc dogs are planning a planet caravan of sorts to here or near, ask around the maggotry.

It's a risk assessment decision that is not unlike the risk assessment decisions made regarding backcountry skiing everyday. You know, are you willing to ski a certain aspect on a certain day given the conditions then and there existing. "A man has got to know his limitations."

Recently renovated station 1 will need another reno..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	station one.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	518.4 KB 
ID:	346549

Good news is the Broncs beat Douglas 21-14.

Oofdah
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I’ll ride a hundo person tram with the windows up. And chili bean farts.

Fuck covid.
    Only 99.9% chance of survival

Get your panties off and be a man. Or she wolf.

Fuck. Bring it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ot-spring.html

Ima gonna cook in the Yellowstone hot springs biatch
    . . .