Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2624
    you know who owns the first house on the left after you get offa 22 and wind past the pastures?

Or maybe it's the second...

How many construction guys know the code to get onto Pratt? Hundreds...

yep I think any # combo you input should work at that gate
    skid luxury

Which house is Chapman's? Or maybe his ex-wife's house now? (Heh)

I just GIS'ed the first 20 ish properties on Pratt and about 90% of them are family trusts.

Trust fund Millionaires and Billionaires, TFM's and TFB's.

BB, I see FF has a place right up there still. They need a caretaker?

No listing for Sixx...

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

ha I love that GIS -so handy when I forget my neighbor’s names.
    I think they actually do need a new caretaker…. but you don’t want that job

new tgr flick playing 9/18 in teton village - any other mags going to view? we’ll probably be early show people
    skid luxury

That sucks. Baby due in three weeks.
    Should have been home soon.

RIP
    . . .

Crushing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

In lighter news

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E2D151E7-1AE4-41E7-9317-99E9A9F59AF1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	670.5 KB 
ID:	383796
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Some intel from the village:

It looks like the tram bollards have been repoured and the guys running the show are saying they feel very confident that the work will be completed by opening day.

On the downside, all of the standard off season maintenance will still need to be done.

Therefore the tram will likely not open when the resort does. But you can bet they'll have it open by the holidays.
    They seem to have evolved into a mindset of 'we're not gonna open the tram early if the demand is light and mostly locals'.
    Coming up with viable, if not entirely valid arguments to keep it closed, has become the norm.
    More importantly, even though the mouseketeer has stated that they're gonna go 100% full boxes this season, the feeling now is that since the Delta variant cases and general moronic behavior are increasing, the boxes may have yet another season of reduced capacity.
    As well, it's likely last year's adjustment to let peeps skip into the gondy/chair lines to ride up with friends will be allowed again.

Something I noticed yesterday, while enjoying some fine Bodega al pastor tacos, was that they've regraded the very bottom 200' of Slalom run.
    Just uphill of where it and lower gros ventre merge, it's a rather convex roll over to flats... which is great for accelerating into the base area.
    They seem to have shaved the bump off so now it's an easier slope out.

And Jay Kemmerer takes a stab at doublespeak...I care/don't care what you think.

Saw a guy puking out of the driver's side door of his shitbox car in the bodega parking lot. Was going to ask him if he had change for a nickel, but figured I'd just ask here... which one of you degenerates was that? Hope you're feeling better.

Not me but God the fucking motion sickness version, it just builds up. Then, you feel like if you could just stop for ten goddamned seconds, you could reset but you’re either not driving or if you are you’re hitting every goddamned green light like you never have before. Pulled over in a subie lot a few months back to do this move. Later I was talking to my folks about how it’s a bad time for car inventory and I was like “yeah, I was driving by the subaru dealership and noticed that…” I left out the part about blowing chunks in the lot.

Tldr: I wouldn’t call my car a shitbox and I was 600 miles away so wasn’t me but I’d just say: judge not, lest ye be right.

Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 09-01-2021 at 05:04 PM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Hey Jackson mag it looks like you've got a cool chance to watch this movie for the next 5 days.

One of the most inspiring chapters in whitewater history was written by an unlikely group of young Polish men who slipped under the Iron Curtain in 1979 and, without money, proper gear, or much of a clue, pioneered many of the classic river runs from Mexico to Argentina. Their landmark achievement was the first descent of the world’s deepest canyon in Peru, an 11-day epic they did on five days’ rations, but that’s just the hook, says filmmaker Adam Nawrot.
    When the government finally issued them visas and a six-wheeled army truck, the men couldn’t believe their luck. “The opportunity to travel abroad—to run rivers in exotic, sultry South America, no less—was as irresistible as it was rare,” Williams wrote. The idea pretty much sold itself, even to cinematographer Jacek Bogucki and photographer Zbigniew Bzdak, neither of whom had any whitewater experience. Chmielinski’s recruitment of Bzdak was typical.

Chmielinski: “Do you want to go to Argentina?”

Bzdak: “Maybe, when do we leave?”

Chmielinski: “In two days.”

Bzdak: “Okay then.”
    They arrived by boat with ten paddlers and 21 boats and the massive army truck, which in Williams’ telling “looked more like a tank than a shuttle rig.” One of their first Mexican forays was on the Río Pescados, now a classic Class III-IV run in the mountains of Veracruz. It was a massive step up even for the hottest Bystrze paddlers.

“There’s basically one Class III rapid in Poland, and they would run it over and over. That was their experience,” Nawrot explains. By the end of their first day on the Pescados, seven of the team’s 21 kayaks were broken or missing. Humbled, the men went north to regroup with the only person they knew in North America, a Bystrze club paddler who had emigrated to Casper, Wyoming, a few years before. They rolled into town in the army rig, causing quite a scene. The local paper ran a story under the headline “Warsaw Pact invade Casper,” but the town took them in. The ten of them lived all winter in their compatriot’s basement, painting houses and stringing barbed wire fences to earn their way onward.
    https://www.adventure-journal.com/20...nning-forever/

Not affiliated at all, I just was checking to see when streaming was available and noticed.

All this talk of enhanced trail expansion and regrading is a little disconcerting but what really is disturbing to me is the doubling of the number of tourists that the resort is going to be sending out the gate before the public first tram is even launched.

Don’t expect the Covid restrictions that led to last years lift loading situations to be in force this year, but that remains to be seen.
    It was kind of nice to have a personal gonjala for a ride and be able to take a tram without the crush.
    The added benefit of less people on the powder was the main enhancement.

A F’n winchcat? Really? That’s what their selling now.
    Groom the entire mountain. Side country too while your at it.

Still planning on being part of problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E1A51652-6FEE-4882-8B9A-9A04C43327A8.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	798.5 KB 
ID:	384449  
    Last edited by Ski220; 09-07-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Saw a guy puking out of the driver's side door of his shitbox car in the bodega parking lot. Was going to ask him if he had change for a nickel, but figured I'd just ask here... which one of you degenerates was that? Hope you're feeling better.

I'm pretty sure he had just come out of that Real Estate office. That was his physical involuntary response to the prices for a Shooting Star joint. He thought driving up in a shitbox might spare him the gouging.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ski220 - I gots a $2 bet says we have restrictions again. County health chief declared masking again thru Dec. 31 the other day.

I agree that the photo of a winchcat is maybe the least inspired photo that they could've come up with.
    UpallNight coulda provided plenty of titttaaaayyyyzzz shots. Way mo betta.

When the snow flies, the underfoot terrain will still be awesome.

82 days until the vill opens for winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    82 days until the vill opens for winter.
    That’s a good thought to sleep on!

Fired up for a full pass. The Covid 10 day thing was a drag.
    Last edited by schwerty; 09-05-2021 at 07:20 AM.

Anyone have any beta from the Enduro race today? BB, did SJ attend?
    Looks like it was probably pretty cold! And starting the stage pushing/riding your bike from the top of the Gondi to the top of the tram sounds…sporting…
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Full, up front, no black out parking pass is $1650 w $5 for processing! Finally my parking pass is more than my ski pass!

Also many whispers about problems with the concrete work up top and maybe no tram this winter. All from crusty old conspiratorial tram riders
    like myself, so take the paranoia with a grain of salt.

All this smoke in the air is driving people crazy.

Also our (I assume) one unvaccinated county commissioner got ejected from the 12th annual Wyoming Sportsmen's Top Rod fly fishing tournament for his vaccine status.
    The 11 other participants (and good friends of his) said no way dude.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

wrong forum jong!!

Well mags, I'm cashin' in and heading to a lake/golf house in northern Michigan to hang with the folks in their later/last years. Grateful to have to opportunity to spend some quality time with them.

It's been a great run here, so many amazing memories!

I'll be working with a realtor Monday, but if any actual local mags are looking to buy in Victor, ping me before then. 2br/2ba/2car in Willow Creek. Anyone looking to buy and rent out short term can fuck off.

y'all rock
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    wrong forum jong!!

Well mags, I'm cashin' in and heading to a lake/golf house in northern Michigan to hang with the folks in their later/last years. Grateful to have to opportunity to spend some quality time with them.

I'll be working with a realtor Monday, but if any actual local mags are looking to buy in Victor, ping me before then. 2br/2ba/2car in Willow Creek. Anyone looking to buy and rent out short term can fuck off.

y'all rock
    Congrats man!

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    wrong forum jong!!

y'all rock
    Any considerations for renting your place out so that you have the option to come back?

Good luck with the move!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Any considerations for renting your place out so that you have the option to come back?

Good luck with the move!
    Nah, then I have to rent in Michigan. I’ll buy and bank $300k. Thanks for the good wishes!!

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Congrats T1on! You will be missed but sounds like a solid move and your folks are lucky to have your help
    skid luxury

Dang Tye. Glad to have known ya. I’ll shoot ya a PM. Not sure we’re quite in the position but landlords are heading back this Spring and will be out of another spot.