Page 72 of 105 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2624
    May 3rd is what i've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    TFT - c'mon, you really didn't know there were waffles up there? The only advert on that little building is a big 'WAFFLES' sign facing the tramdock.
    Haha, I knew about the waffles, just kidding around. Never had one though, always too excited to get rolling. FOMO and all, ya know?

The waffles are actually tasty

Ymmv
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Haha, I knew about the waffles, just kidding around. Never had one though, always too excited to get rolling. FOMO and all, ya know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The waffles are actually tasty

Ymmv
    The waffles are really good, no doubt. That's part of the problem.
    Lotsa winter sightseers would debate going up for a beer or hot choco; but for a crispy warm waffle slathered with nutella or brownsugar butter they'll wait in the cold.

Winter walkers on the box used to be 5 in 1000, now it's likely 3+ per box/100.

You wouldn't think it makes a difference but it does. After unused troller spots, ski schoolers, workers then walkers, it's like 70 maze skiers. Being 101 bites.

I'll be stoked to ski full box laps again. Big mountain laps are on the menu.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Finally connected with local mag rideit and we talked bikes getting me a bit more dialed on an appropriate revolution machine.
    Thanks, dude, well met!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone thinking about going up to Beartooth pass at the end of the month?

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Ban the waffles, lessen the tram line.

I got out for an evening skin up Fred's with my girl yesterday. Skiing was surprisingly good coming down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210502_001805310-01.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	697.2 KB 
ID:	373348
    Last edited by Kevo; 05-03-2021 at 10:49 AM.

I like the waffles, don’t ban them. Such a good pow day snack.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Waffles should be marketed out of Casper restaurant. Let walkers go up Sweetwater Gondola only. Almost zero impact on skiers then.
    And sell them right outside of Nick Wilson's.
    Those dumbfucks have never been able to market food and bev. How many food failures have gone thru the top of the gondy spaces.
    Nothing at the nutshack above thunder base area or the building at Bear flats below Sublette base.
    Hell, only the waffles have ever been succesful and as I predicted, they doubled price upon first success.
    They were originally 4 bucks apiece. Cheap, hot and filling. The only thing on the entire mountain that a local might buy more than once.
    Now I sip coffee as Dad buys 4 waffles and four drinks and it costs about $60.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Bring back tram tickets.

PS. Big advocate of tram tickets and tram or no tram season passes.
    Initially "bring back tram tickets" was where I was at. But after reading the
    BS tram thread, I realized that it would be just another step towards shutting
    out the "average Joe" from the tram. Further bifurcating peeps into the have's
    and the have not's. Let everyone stand in the cold.

The waffles are really good, no doubt. That's part of the problem.
    Lotsa winter sightseers would debate going up for a beer or hot choco; but for a crispy warm waffle slathered with nutella or brownsugar butter they'll wait in the cold.

Winter walkers on the box used to be 5 in 1000, now it's likely 3+ per box/100.

You wouldn't think it makes a difference but it does. After unused troller spots, ski schoolers, workers then walkers, it's like 70 maze skiers. Being 101 bites.
    Especially the after 2pm waffles.

I actually talked several groups of sight seers out of going up last February late in the day. "It's socked in up there, you won't be able to see a thing. They stop serving waffles at 2. It's still an hours wait from this point (to load the tram) , and by the time you get up top you'll just have to come right back down."

Experienced all sorts of tram line clustfuckery this past season. Hopefully the tram line has a little less angst to it next year.
    Why do people think that crowding up your back will get them on any quicker?

All ears on a beartooth trip later this month.

Hoff’s did a really good job with the wrap on my new whip, he said it was one of the most laborious jobs he’s done. Thanks rideit for the recommendation and noparking for getting it there.

It’s odd that they never sold waffles at the base.

Moved out East a few decades ago and EVERY hill has waffles at the base.
    They suck compared to tram waffles. But they sell a metric shit ton of them.

Side story. Many years ago rode up with the young ones for a waffle.
    It felt so wrong to be skiless in the tram line.
    It felt even more weird riding the empty box down.
    PS. It wasn’t a powder day.
    . . .

Waffles should be marketed out of Casper restaurant. Let walkers go up Sweetwater Gondola only. Almost zero impact on skiers then.
    And sell them right outside of Nick Wilson's.
    Those dumbfucks have never been able to market food and bev. How many food failures have gone thru the top of the gondy spaces.
    Nothing at the nutshack above thunder base area or the building at Bear flats below Sublette base.
    Hell, only the waffles have ever been succesful and as I predicted, they doubled price upon first success.
    They were originally 4 bucks apiece. Cheap, hot and filling. The only thing on the entire mountain that a local might buy more than once.
    Now I sip coffee as Dad buys 4 waffles and four drinks and it costs about $60.
    This.
    WhyTF isn’t there any food on that side of the mountain? What was wrong with the nut shack? Lots of space at the top of Thunder they could put it, or some food thing, and would be a cool location.
    If it wasn’t so windy at the top of Sublette that would be even better.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

When Snow King has a fancy new restaurant on top with better views of the Grand the walk-on pressure on the Tram *might* lessen a little bit?
    (Pure speculation)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

Hoff’s did a really good job with the wrap on my new whip, he said it was one of the most laborious jobs he’s done. Thanks rideit for the recommendation and noparking for getting it there.
    Haha, he told me he spent two hours or so just on the fork...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Initially "bring back tram tickets" was where I was at. But after reading the
    BS tram thread, I realized that it would be just another step towards shutting
    out the "average Joe" from the tram. Further bifurcating peeps into the have's
    and the have not's. Let everyone stand in the cold.

Especially the after 2pm waffles.

I actually talked several groups of sight seers out of going up last February late in the day. "It's socked in up there, you won't be able to see a thing. They stop serving waffles at 2. It's still an hours wait from this point (to load the tram) , and by the time you get up top you'll just have to come right back down."

Experienced all sorts of tram line clustfuckery this past season. Hopefully the tram line has a little less angst to it next year.
    Why do people think that crowding up your back will get them on any quicker?
    -Comparing and contrasting the JH tram with the BS tram is a fool's errand. Other than both being jigbacks, they have very little in common.

-Skiing is not a democracy, equality for all and whatnot. No, expert terrain should never be trampled by intermediates just as experts should never buzz beginners at Mach3.
    When you're a solid advanced skier, then we welcome you onto the tram, Average Joe gets to hone his skills on AV, then Casper, Thunder and Sublette. Not on his third day skiing.
    I don't stand in the cold for the beginner terrain. But I'll wait like a mad mofo for the expert terrain.
    Uninterested in sharing it with anyone that can't ski it decently.
    And I show tons of peeps their first turns in the bowl. If they're good, we go blast lines and secret pockets.

How many times have I explained to others about giving me some room to stretch and dance.

Check out the Beartooth condish thred, I'd haul ya.
    Hope you tipped that dude.

It’s odd that they never sold waffles at the base.

Moved out East a few decades ago and EVERY hill has waffles at the base.
    They suck compared to tram waffles. But they sell a metric shit ton of them.

Side story. Many years ago rode up with the young ones for a waffle.
    It felt so wrong to be skiless in the tram line.
    It felt even more weird riding the empty box down.
    PS. It wasn’t a powder day.
    Once you've ridden a few hundred boxes, it's def weird to not be hauling gear and marching back onto the box...almost wanna take the kids up then send 'em down as you ski down. meet them at the dock.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    This.
    WhyTF isn’t there any food on that side of the mountain? What was wrong with the nut shack? Lots of space at the top of Thunder they could put it, or some food thing, and would be a cool location.
    If it wasn’t so windy at the top of Sublette that would be even better.
    My friends and I scheme to open a breakfast burrito shop at the nutshack for 2 reasons. To have food at midmountain and a reason to be at thunder before the public. Maybe call it First traks shak.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    When Snow King has a fancy new restaurant on top with better views of the Grand the walk-on pressure on the Tram *might* lessen a little bit?
    (Pure speculation)
    That spot has been underutilized for over 30 years. It has massive potential but in this town, I expect it'll fail a few times first...
    If it's amazing, it could actually pre-empt the skiing at the King. A gondy to the summit will be cozy and fast instead of slow and brutalissimo.

One can only hope they go there instead.

And skiers will be way more likely to give 'er a go.
    Continuing getting their asses handed to them.

Thanks rideit for the recommendation and noparking for getting it there.
    glad it all worked out. Let me know when you make it back over this way and I’d love to do a little biking or fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    (Pure speculation)
    And yet, the grand plan for top of the tram is flush toilets. Fugggh
    And a real restaurant. Double fugghh
    . . .

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Anyone thinking about going up to Beartooth pass at the end of the month?
    DJ - I’m in Steamboat for a lax tournament Memorial Day wknd but if you’re around I’d consider shooting up beartooth for a day during the week.

Might work if schedules align

Name:  Jackson_Frank-and-Rod-640x427.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  61.5 KB

Note that gun placement...

Name:	JacksonJH-Map-66-67.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	373785
    1966-1967

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yeah Schwerty, Be glad to have you. Maybe EoB can get in with us too.

Rosemounts! Molitors!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Crossposting some old school ski stoke from the vill back in the day...

Quote Originally Posted by wildstyle View Post
    Bob Smith and Pepi Stiegler shredding jackson ....in 1967

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post

Produced in 1976 by Roger C. Brown, Barry Corbet, Pete Curran, Dick Durrance, Don Everett.

Interesting to see recognizable terrain that oddly seems different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Those 2 trollers look like Larry Dietrich, master electrician and Rod Newcomb exum Guide iirc; That is the old 105mm howitzer methinks. Firing from the Snake river ranch land below the Hobacks/lower Faces.

I believe that's an old 75mm pack howitzer. The 105mm m101's the village used to have were a fair amount larger than that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawless; 05-08-2021 at 02:46 PM.

[

Name:	JacksonJH-Map-66-67.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	373785
    1966-1967

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yeah Schwerty, Be glad to have you. Maybe EoB can get in with us too.
    I love the old maps.

That one blows my mind.
    Tram up
    No groomers down
    Powder for days.

It must have been siiiick
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawless View Post
    I believe that's an old 75mm pack howitzer. The 105mm m101's the village used to have we're a fair amount larger than that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Damn nice, you are correct; I completely forgot about the 75mm.

Maybe it was a 105 up in the boneyard, where the TVVFD is now?
    Remember the old volly fire house? Lookers right of the 4seasons, across from Holly's office?
    That was a party hut fosho.
    Remember Holly?
    I see Mike all the time...

Just a reminder - the bike swap is this coming Saturday (5/15). General admission is 11am, early bird access at 10:30 for $10.

I’ve never been before and don’t need a bike myself but have a friend that would benefit hugely by riding something current. We’ve got a couple plans that would have us out of town this weekend but nothing concrete yet.

Question: for those of you who have went to one of these things, would it be worth it to hang around for the bike swap?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums