Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2624
    Is she cool?

I have had a few interactions with Harrison Ford, the funniest one was him ‘jokingly’ bitching about the price of the Snow King Mountain Coaster. I said “well, it cost a lot to build” and he said “I didn’t think I would have to pay for the whole thing!”
    Pretty sure he was baked. He had just made 70 million off of the last Star Wars flick.
    Okey-dokey…
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Is she cool?
    She's so low-profile that I don't really know. She seems friendly when I'm walking the dog and she drives by.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Should be able to find something in Rexburg on that budget.
    To add to this, the place I got is ~$1100 a month. Granted, that's a 'normal' apartment with a year long lease, but there's probably some short term places around that price.

Quote Originally Posted by LostCosmonaut View Post
    To add to this, the place I got is ~$1100 a month. Granted, that's a 'normal' apartment with a year long lease, but there's probably some short term places around that price.
    So not BYI approved housing?

Have I shared about my first Tinderella when I moved to IF back in the day? BYUI professor. That was entertaining.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    It totally changed the clientele/tourism of the town. Cody has been a tourist town forever but the recent crowds have been more interested in seeing a glimpse of the Kanye, Kim entourage than coming to enjoy what the town has to offer. As far as WAY over paying for a ranch there, I would think you can already imagine what that has done to the real estate values. I hope his bugging out will bring things back to a more normal pandemonium. As someone who live in Jackson you are probably more used to the chaos of the hollywood crowd, us in the outer reaches of the Cowboy state, not so much.
    aint seen no kanye big booty kim or any yeezers on the clark

i go cause fishin with the local landos a blast
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Have I shared about my first Tinderella when I moved to IF back in the day? BYUI professor. That was entertaining.
    I want to hear that one! I'll buy the beer.

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    I want to hear that one! I'll buy the beer.
    Same. Story time next time I see you.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Same. Story time next time I see you.
    Thirded! Count me in for this one.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Well mags, the times they are a changin, on a plane to Michigan to inspect the new house, closing on Victor in eleven days. Shit’s getting real.

Huge ups to all the mags who I got to meet and to all the local mags who make this place and this board a special place. It’s an amazing community.

So in the short run, come grab a beer with me Friday the 22nd at Wildlife Brewing if you’re around. 4-8 outside, 8-? Inside with Cutter spinning some tunes.

In the long run, give a shout if you get through Michigan! Canadian Lakes, an hour north of Grand Rapids.

Y’all fkna rock, thanks for all the kindnesses. ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Wish I could attend, Tye, it’s my wife’s birthday!
    But congrats on having the courage to make a big change.

Good seeing ya the other day Tye, we may be out of town but if not will swing by for sure! Don't be a stranger here.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Well mags, the times they are a changin, on a plane to Michigan to inspect the new house, closing on Victor in eleven days. Shit’s getting real.

Huge ups to all the mags who I got to meet and to all the local mags who make this place and this board a special place. It’s an amazing community.

So in the short run, come grab a beer with me Friday the 22nd at Wildlife Brewing if you’re around. 4-8 outside, 8-? Inside with Cutter spinning some tunes.

In the long run, give a shout if you get through Michigan! Canadian Lakes, an hour north of Grand Rapids.

Y’all fkna rock, thanks for all the kindnesses. ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    i gots fam in grand rap
    maybe see ya next summer for the isle of harry bakers of piscatorial pursuits invitational
    safe travels and midwest settlings
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I’m seeking guidance for a friend of mine that’s living in Hoback and working in Jackson this season. He’s an accomplished skier coming from Portland but never been touring before. He doesn’t post here, though I’ve suggested it as a way to meet some like minded folks.

Anyway, is there a place around Jackson or TV that rents touring gear, boots included? Touring lessons or guided day trips would be great too.

I’m pushing him to invest in a touring setup but want him to give it a college try before dropping money and pointing at me if first few outings don’t go that great, as can happen.

Thanks

I just saw the Kings new trail map today. Fancy.

Are they cleaning up the deadfall and spacing out the trees at all? That would be pretty cool if they did.

I always thought Mr. Ford was a cool guy. I've sat next to him a few times at the VC and had a couple of beers. I never said much to him. The vibe was that he's kind of like a cat in if you give him too much attention he'll run away from ya. I mostly liked just sitting there drinking beers by the guy. Do you guys/gals remember when he picked up those two stranded gals off a peak (I can't remember what peak it was) in his helicopter. I always imagined that scene to be pretty funny. Two middle aged woman, scared they are going to die open up the door to see that they are being rescued by Hans Solo. I bet they flipped out.

My first night working at the Coach and brand new to town was Heather Thomas's birthday party. there were Hollywood types, legendary ski bums, cowboys etc. I thought, holy shit this place is wild! I loved it.
    Last edited by raisingarizona13; 10-14-2021 at 08:35 PM.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by paj View Post
    I’m seeking guidance for a friend of mine that’s living in Hoback and working in Jackson this season. He’s an accomplished skier coming from Portland but never been touring before. He doesn’t post here, though I’ve suggested it as a way to meet some like minded folks.

Anyway, is there a place around Jackson or TV that rents touring gear, boots included? Touring lessons or guided day trips would be great too.

I’m pushing him to invest in a touring setup but want him to give it a college try before dropping money and pointing at me if first few outings don’t go that great, as can happen.

Thanks
    Lots of places to rent for n00bs.
    Wilson Backcountry Sports
    Skinny Skis
    Teton Mountaineering
    Don’t know about Hoback Sports?

In other news, anyone notice that there are no ‘masks required’ signs at Smith’s? (But most people were wearing masks?)

So, we getting a new thread for the season or just rolling this one over?

So, we getting a new thread for the season or just rolling this one over?
    I was hoping to start a new one at the beginning of November but now is good too.
    Anyone else want the Honors or shall I get it going?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I was hoping to start a new one at the beginning of November but now is good too.
    Anyone else want the Honors or shall I get it going?
    That honor is all yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantana1 View Post
    That honor is all yours.
    +1

Not from Jackson but avid follower of such a great mtn feel as though Djongo is sort of like the ambassador of the Jackson thread. His knowledge and skillz are phenomenal not to mention a pure genuine human being and Maggot.
    always forward but never straight

Thanks mags, I appreciate the good words and feel that is what makes this thread so great, lotsa positive Irie to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantana1 View Post
    That honor is all yours.
    Grazie, please come out and play with us whenever you get a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    +1
    Thanks Kevo, hopefully this season we'll get together and make some stellar turns, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Not from Jackson but avid follower of such a great mtn feel as though Djongo is sort of like the ambassador of the Jackson thread. His knowledge and skillz are phenomenal not to mention a pure genuine human being and Maggot.
    My man, ever since our first adventure at Bridger, I hold you close. We connected quick and have had a few fun days goofing with mags and turning and burning. I remember the lil' sesh at Big sky well, and hope to have another with you here at our playground soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm formulating an opening page topic right now, open to suggestions fosho.

October 20 is the deadline to submit comment or attend the last public meeting regarding proposed sheep closures in the tetons. Areas proposed for closure include the west side of Cody peak and Jensen canyon. The document is available through the most recent news and guide article.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Thanks Kevo, hopefully this season we'll get together and make some stellar turns, yes?
    I sure hope so! You ever ski the Ghee or am I going to have to make a pilgrimage to the village this season?