Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    I’ll be around tomorrow

ski ya at noon, expecting acquiring my pass to take all morning heh

Targhee removed both the plaza webcam and the Dreamcatcher cam today from their app. Both cams have been unavailable on their website since last Friday but it looks like they forgot to remove them from the app until now. What are they trying to hide?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

JHMR has replaced the webcam that views the Bridger Gondola, with a view of the Stilson parking lot.
    7 miles away. Nice.
    6 days out of 7, the gondycam's helpful; but that one day with a gazillion people in view is a buzzkiller.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Went out to the vill this am and it looks good to go. Plenty of snow offa AV. Heard the crags run was good skiing.
    Mazes don't look much different; masking and distancing signage around.

Let the workers uncover the rockagawea.
    ski ya soon.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 11-25-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post
    Targhee removed both the plaza webcam and the Dreamcatcher cam today from their app. Both cams have been unavailable on their website since last Friday but it looks like they forgot to remove them from the app until now. What are they trying to hide?

You know exactly why they took the cams down, to prevent internet feather ruffling just like this.

Its the ghee man, it isn't a place where the aggro style of Jackson is going to be, or fly really. It is a laid back place. They want you wearing a mask, and don't be a dick. Pretty solid rules in life these days if you ask me.

Anyone who thinks that if a ski area is open there aren't going to be some people standing around each other in a lift line is being willfully obtuse.

Enjoy that they are open and there are turns to be had. Slim wouldn't want it any other way if he was still around.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Dang, Targhee was a blast today. Great first day on snow. No lift lines to speak of and it seemed like they had a good handle on people masking up at the base area.

I really, really like the vibe of that place. It kind of reminds me of Magic/Smuggler’s Notch and AZ Snowbowl. A bit low tide but knew that going in, on piste the snow held up well throughout the day despite the sunshine.. some would say hero snow.

Started out on SLs to get my feet back under me primarily sticking to Shoshone. Grabbed PJs after an 11am snack and started hammering! There’s a nice lip to launch up above sitting bull and the snow was $ for GS turns all the way down big thunder. Legs feel good. Ready for more!

Attachment 349345

Attachment 349346

What’s the deal with their closing date? Are they bound by operating restrictions or do they just decide to pull the plug mid April if it’s no longer profitable to stay open? On their website it looks like they’ve still had plenty of coverage remaining on their past years’ closing dates.
    Looks nice, did you make the move?
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post

Snowbowl did the same. I bet every ski area probably will if they are open. It opens them up to too much harsh scrutiny. they can't completely control peoples behavior.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I’ll be around tomorrow

ski ya at noon, expecting acquiring my pass to take all morning heh
    ok expect to look out for a fu manchu or something fun for tmrw
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Enjoy that they are open and there are turns to be had. Slim wouldn't want it any other way if he was still around.
    However, Slim might well be in Biden Jail for giving some comely liftie lass a back rub....

(RIP)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Village opens today, they are claiming 111 inches of snow so far on the season... almost 10ft already...

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Snowbowl did the same. I bet every ski area probably will if they are open. It opens them up to too much harsh scrutiny. They shouldn't be allowed to operate this winter.
    FIFY

Thankful for fresh snow, oh yeah, and all that other shit! Hope everyone is having an amazing day! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8CC65015-69B6-4F3B-A901-FA96D2A9DFBD.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	349932

Bridger gondola on down is open. Sneaky village

Heard they were sold out of ticks today. Can anyone confirm? If true this is going to be one hell of a season..

^^ I thought that was announced a few days ago?

Hard to say what today was all about. I think we can chalk that up to a soft opening. Not too many people allowed, more lifts than expected w/ more open terrain.
    That way they could get a feel for things without having anywhere get pinched up on the opener.
    If that's what a max load day feels like, we'll be stoked.

I only skied for about 90 minutes but it was quality snow both on/off piste. Skied a few chairs to get back in the groove. Felt good and although my legs are my weak link right now, it felt better than last opener. Stoked to start getting a ski workout again.

Saw lindenle kicking around, decided not to reach out today, just digging some personal time.

Ski youse mags right quick like.

I had a great opening day! Slept in, got out there at the crack of noon, made four laps, came home and smoked a turkey and made a lot of other things, currently glued to the couch. Life is good. Be well friends.

Got a good report from the Wife about the opener. (I’m out of town)
    She skied with our kids and said people were respecting the covid standards reasonably well outside of lots of what appeared to be single layer buffs but that’s probably just do to people not getting that message.
    Said it was good skiing and not crowed!

Can’t wait to put the boards on when I get back.

Sleeper pow day at the ghee yesterday. Not too crowded. Sac skied really well. Definitely some rocks off the top of dream catcher.

It was completely empty from 12:00 on. Pretty great all in all.

I ski the ghee like once every 10 years. Stoked to Catch a great day down there last Saturday. Caught the Sac opener for a couple hours of good pow - at least until I pissed up my mitt. Ha. Most fun was seeing how fast I could go under dream catcher for the 3-4 power hour. Quality fall line for letting it rip with a nice break in the middle. Up at Bridger power hour is pretty fun. Bunch of guys on tired legs seeing how hard they can rip it under the lift. Always feel the energy building pushing you to keep it going faster. Yeah!! Does that go on at the ghee? Love that shit for some reason. Hard pack is fun af.

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

GT friends/locals I’ve skied with call portions of under Dream/Sac lift runs “Hollywood” lines....it’s usually blasting through powder chowder on the last runs of the day...

Great opening weekend. The density of the early snowfall this year really benefited lower elevation skiing.

Also some great snowmaking lol. We were laughing about how fun the new snowmaking snow over the fresh roy was yesterday morning too.

Got quasi fresh on slalom, of all places
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1606698031.701447.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	520.5 KB 
ID:	350384

Filling in nicely

Name:	IMG_1919.JPG 
Views:	163 
Size:	839.3 KB 
ID:	350385

The usual tomfoolery

Name:	IMG_2013.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	350386

Googly

Name:	IMG_1989.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	350387

Name:	IMG_1961.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	350388

Then saw this wim hof protoje at the end of the day. 26*F

Name:	IMG_2043.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	841.3 KB 
ID:	350390
    skid luxury

Holiday weekend is over and magically the base webcams are back

Nice Bbear! Stepping into the season with a backy! Daaayyyuuumm!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Nice Bbear! Steeping into the season with a backy! Daaayyyuuumm!
    That's totally her!

the googly eyes on the boot ....