Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2624
    Honest question, what would your locals be willing to pay for a pass to make the resort revenue neutral vs. IKON? Also, what has been in impact on small business in town?

Personally, I'd be way into paying up to reduce crowds but I don't think that is happening. Too many people have too much money. I'd probably have to cry Uncle and quit skiing before that worked.

My personal irony is than I'm all but forced into the IKON as it is unlimited at Winter Park but I no longer travel to Steamboat, LCC/BCC or Jackson because they tend to be too busy.

I'm guessing they can make more money per skier day without Ikon the way the snow has been falling here the past 5 years, relatively speaking. I.e. we will probably be chock full regardless, so why not up the take. Of course that won't make the mountain any quieter
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

money per skier day
    yeah but...profits is profits and JMHR is business (but subsidised by the State of Wyoming in some ways I think?). For the true skier, the haydays of ski resort skiing and living in a premium mountain town have come and gone. I was there, it was unbelievable. But to think that a for profit corporation is gonna turn down profits for quality of the user experience...bridges in Brooklyn and all that.

Yeah. I also think that advances in ski gear has made it so much easier to ski that there is a far lower barrier to entry and therefore more people. So more crowds.

Personally I think the improvement in eq might be more to blame for crowding than anything else. And not just skis, but comfier boots, better clothes, warm helmets etc.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    yeah but...profits is profits and JMHR is business (but subsidised by the State of Wyoming in some ways I think?). For the true skier, the haydays of ski resort skiing and living in a premium mountain town have come and gone. I was there, it was unbelievable. But to think that a for profit corporation is gonna turn down profits for quality of the user experience...bridges in Brooklyn and all that.
    I'm saying the resort can get the same number of skiers without Ikon. That means higher profit to the ski corp.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Parvo’s been awful quiet of late. Maybe he bear sprayed the wrong tourist.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    I'm saying the resort can get the same number of skiers without Ikon. That means higher profit to the ski corp.
    They can’t and they won’t. One of the issues with the Ikon crowd from the resort management side of things is they don’t buy lessons and $20 cheeseburgers. They pack lunches.

well i just wanna say.. Thank You February. the best 30 day pow cycle of any ski season ever, besides maybe 96. i could hang em up for the season now and know i had the best this year had to offer. without pics of course.

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    well i just wanna say.. Thank You February. the best 30 day pow cycle of any ski season ever, besides maybe 96. i could hang em up for the season now and know i had the best this year had to offer. without pics of course.
    Yup, another great day to close a great month.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210228_110724.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	365272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210228_135714.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	860.6 KB 
ID:	365273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210228_125425.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	576.3 KB 
ID:	365274

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Put a little 30" snippet of my day here.

(Sorry, don't know if I can embed a video directly.)

Nothing special, just a little mellow skiing with some snow in the face. Give it a look or a thumbs up if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    UAN - 👍👍.

Float like an angel.
    Just what I needed to start my morning on what could be my last powder day of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    Special
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Sweet video! What type of setup are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That was just outstanding, the music set to the turns, sooo damn soothing.
    Thank you! Glad some folks enjoyed it. I like it more when I watch it today vs originally.

Just getting back from a long day. I think it might have been the (my) best of the year for line, crew, absence of people, snow quality. Going through pics but these 2 quickly jumped out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F5A5351.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	365291

Name:	7F5A5499.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	739.0 KB 
ID:	365292

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    February will hard to beat but like a full Black Lab that still sits next to the table waiting for a scrap to fall I'll play out the whole hand.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    They can’t and they won’t. One of the issues with the Ikon crowd from the resort management side of things is they don’t buy lessons and $20 cheeseburgers. They pack lunches.

Business wise if you get the $20 up front in the ticket price you don't care. There is enough of them that enough of them will still come. This place is like a drug to the right skiers. It's the only way that works for less to pay more and get more...because then there will be less skiers...so we get more. Make sense ?

Honest question, what would your locals be willing to pay for a pass to make the resort revenue neutral vs. IKON? Also, what has been in impact on small business in town?

Personally, I'd be way into paying up to reduce crowds but I don't think that is happening. Too many people have too much money. I'd probably have to cry Uncle and quit skiing before that worked.

My personal irony is than I'm all but forced into the IKON as it is unlimited at Winter Park but I no longer travel to Steamboat, LCC/BCC or Jackson because they tend to be too busy.
    I'm done with the crowds. I'd rather go sit on an old slow double chair at some mom and pop place than stand in lines like the ones we are seeing at those places now.

I said this in the ski town wage thread but................everything is so fucked.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    This place is like a drug to the right skiers.
    SkaredShtles:

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    SkaredShtles:
    Is this the five o' clock free pow giveaway?!?!

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Blow(er) faceshots literally all day AND night
    Decisions Decisions

Hard to come up with an amount since out of towners coming in with an IKON have to pay for a place to stay, dinning, additional entertainment, etc. Part of the appeal of an IKON or EPIC partnership for a resort is the additional costs outside of skiing that locals generally do not pay or not to the extent that tourists do. Yeah I know we all have to eat but why not get us for eating as well as a bunch of additional tourists. Not like a JHMR unlimited pass was cheap prior to IKON, what would it cost to off set that revenue? Name:  IMG_7654.JPG
Views: 1003
Size:  50.1 KB

If today turns out to be my last powder / RS lap day of the the year, it wad a good one.

Skied a fun, early afternoon lap with fellow
    visiting mag Full Trucker.

Name:	20210228_225029.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	365357

$2k May Pass Pricing, going all the way up to $3500 in November.

Holiday/Weekend Tickets $225 w tram access, $175 without, $10 tram tickets for those on the C-Pass.

Weekday Tickets: $175 w tram access, $125 without same $10 tram tickets.

Raise ski school and guide prices for early trams and cut the numbers (double the price halve the numbers?)

Better signage at the tram maze about line etiquette- don't enter until full group is there, no "just going up to get with
    my friends). Also more black diamonds and skull and crossbones like The Wall at Kirkwood.

Parking prices can stay the same. $1350 for a full parking pass seems fair, especially since it doesn't guarantee a space!
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

I’ve got a longer post rolling around in my head, but a long drive from Jackson to LCC kinda took the wind out of my sails to post it.

Lemme say: thank you rideit for the hospitality, your wife is amazing and you’re a mensch. And thank you Ski220 for meeting up with me and knocking out a Rock Springs lap. I wasn’t sure I’d get out of a gate as a Solo Cholo this trip and the snow, the skiing, the route, and the company were sublime.

Grateful.

This trip was/is a bright star in what has so far been a fairly uneventful ski season. Until next time, Jackson.

The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Yup, another great day to close a great month.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210228_110724.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	365272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210228_135714.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	860.6 KB 
ID:	365273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210228_125425.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	576.3 KB 
ID:	365274
    Looks awesome! Wish the roads hadn't been closed.

Still cold, untracked lines out there.

Name:	7F5A5314-4.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	365496

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Still cold, untracked lines out there.

Name:	7F5A5314-4.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	365496
    Props to you UAN, miss seeing you at the vil. For all my negativity, still love this place and the absurd long lines still left lots of great untracked snow inbounds and out.

Had some fantastic face shots and shared them with new dads and dads to be- I'm just an old codger looking backwards and forwards at the same time.

If we ever stopped to take pics, might be one or two worth posting. Powder Panic is real!

Wade McCoy got one of me skiing No Name from Powder Eights- my only ski photo. Still waiting for Figenshau to come through- he shoots my employee all the fucking time for photo of the day.

Thanks again to Djongo and all u fuckers. And Baby Bear of course! We moved here the same year I think? 99/2000.

Lemme know what you think about my pricing model for the resort. Open to all comments.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

So, I spent the 7 days Feb 15-21 using up my 7-Day Pass. Here are some of my observations:
    1 - It was probably the best 7 days of skiing entirely inbounds at Jhole that I have ever had, (I have to travel in from SW Spud land, so it doesn't infer that there haven't been bigger weeks for you locals).
    2 - I can't remember the last time I was at JH and never even rode the tram once.
    3 - On the one day, I think Thursday or Friday, I was able to get to the Middle Hoback via AV/Teton/Thunder/Sublett and still had first tracks.
    4 - The lines, especially on Thunder/Sublett were a bit long. That was the bad news. The good news was that it gave the 62 year old legs more time to recover and I kinda think that it kept the powder longer.
    5 - Thanks DJ for reaching out to me. Although it didn't work out to get some laps in together this year, I will be back next year!!!
    6 - I didn't really get any pics, but I did have the GoPro on quite a bit, so I put the YouTube link here in the post.
    7 - I put the R.E.M. song with it: "It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine). I think this song kind of sums up this year. With Covid, politics, race issues and all of the other shit going on this year, it kinda feels like the end of the world as we know it, but when I get out in the mountains and especially when I've got the skis on, "I feel fine". Not trying to trivialize real-life issues, but I kind of subscribe to the statement that I think Warren Miller once made about how there would be far less conflict in this world if everyone could just go skiing.

(The video starts and ends with shots from the home turf, Bogus Basin... and yes, DJ the redcoat makes the cameo appearance again ).

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskier View Post
    So, I spent the 7 days Feb 15-21 using up my 7-Day Pass. Here are some of my observations:
    1 - It was probably the best 7 days of skiing entirely inbounds at Jhole that I have ever had, (I have to travel in from SW Spud land, so it doesn't infer that there haven't been bigger weeks for you locals).
    2 - I can't remember the last time I was at JH and never even rode the tram once.
    3 - On the one day, I think Thursday or Friday, I was able to get to the Middle Hoback via AV/Teton/Thunder/Sublett and still had first tracks.
    4 - The lines, especially on Thunder/Sublett were a bit long. That was the bad news. The good news was that it gave the 62 year old legs more time to recover and I kinda think that it kept the powder longer.
    5 - Thanks DJ for reaching out to me. Although it didn't work out to get some laps in together this year, I will be back next year!!!
    6 - I didn't really get any pics, but I did have the GoPro on quite a bit, so I put the YouTube link here in the post.
    7 - I put the R.E.M. song with it: "It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine). I think this song kind of sums up this year. With Covid, politics, race issues and all of the other shit going on this year, it kinda feels like the end of the world as we know it, but when I get out in the mountains and especially when I've got the skis on, "I feel fine". Not trying to trivialize real-life issues, but I kind of subscribe to the statement that I think Warren Miller once made about how there would be far less conflict in this world if everyone could just go skiing.

(The video starts and ends with shots from the home turf, Bogus Basin... and yes, DJ the redcoat makes the cameo appearance again ).

Glad you got the goods Eagle. Look forward to skiing with you next year.