Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2624
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post

Lol.

I need to make it back up to Jackson one of these days.

Looks like you are having a blast UM!

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Register here:
    http://walmart.com/covidvaccine

They're not likely to care/check your eligibility, other than Idaho residency.

Not sure how it is running in IF, but if you decide you can swing to Rexburg, go there one late afternoon — walk not to the check-in area but to the place where they are administering the shots. Tell them your friend told you they are often looking for people to give shots to toward the end of the day as each vial is 10 doses and they have 6h in which to use them. If they don't have any that day, ask if they'll take your number to give you a 1h heads-up. (They specifically told me they maintain a list, but it's basically THAT person keeping it.)

I don't think you'll get anywhere by calling. IF locations may have something similar going on.

Good luck!
    Dang, super informative and helpful! Thanks mang!

Today was a good day to cross the lake and ski a peak. If you zoom in you can see my buddy crossing behind me.
    Attachment 367967
    Love the scale in this shot

Dj. . .

Thank you for what you have done with creating these JHMR threads -

I have enjoyed following 'the scene' ! !!

I thought seriously about relinking your opening post from 2019 , but it is in here, and except for whatever the current topic is, and looking back with a really long lens ( 1991 era ), I decided to leave it be. ...

( I was shaken by the references to Pepi ( it is my understanding he has health ( "challenges" ) ) - but it is my understanding he's still ticking (!)

( I think of Mr. Bill Briggs regularly. . . ) )

so., Thank you, Dj, and carry on ! I am glad to think your knee is improved - or improving again... And

thanks for making the pilgrimage over to Kelly Canyon and hanging with LBL for a few hours ( He is a Good dude, Too )

wishing you ( All ) all the best for the rest of the season ! !

in-spirit, I will see you 'on the slopes' ! ! skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Super sweet shot. Interesting look back from the NNE.

Teewinot mtn., Rockchuck peak, and Mt. Moran's NE face, Cascade and Paintbrush canyons.

I think Thefortrees skied the back of teewee last spring.

I'm looking forward to spending more time hiking in the Park this off season. Used to spend all summer in there climbing and scrambling around. So amazingly wild; Edge of the earth kinda stuff.
    Climbed onto the big block at the far end of the Lake of the Crags bitd, named the Rock of Ages...
    My climbing partner and I ate breakfast beside the trees in the foreground and were startled to see a wolverine hauling an elk shin up a vertical snow patch on the other side of the lake. Pretty amazing to see.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lake of crags.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	368037
    Roughly 3k vert in 3 miles, it's a grunt.
    Hope some of you mags might join me for a sunrise GTNP hike this summer.
    Bring bear spray...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SkiJ - thanks my brother, appreciate the positive Irie. Hope you're well and healthy.
    I had a great day turning with LBL, Tate, Liam and lil' Em... will do it again. KC's gonna be fun during a storm.

Buster - I see Dave Durrance lives in Carbondale and is a Bauhaus flavored artist...
    and the 7 levels was actually the last building to get torn down. It is now the Caldera House. Alpenhof and Mangy Moose and Hostel still original.

DJ, great to run into you yesterday. Lady friend loved it. Nice tip on the corn search. Lets try to meet up more then once a year! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wow that shot of the park is some dopamine fixing shit+++++....... how long is that approach to get across the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Such a treat to watch those old masters on their giant skinny skis making it look so smooth and easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Buster - I see Dave Durrance lives in Carbondale and is a Bauhaus flavored artist...
    and the 7 levels was actually the last building to get torn down. It is now the Caldera House. Alpenhof and Mangy Moose and Hostel still original.
    I think I stayed in the 7 levels for the camp in 69; it was between the tram building and the Moose.
    On our last passes through, they had changed the Vuarnet Cafe to Shades but there was still another dumpier hotel down past the Alpenhof on skiers left.
    Sojourner?
    Got hassled there by some dirtbaggier than thou types for hanging out in the locals basement watering hole.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

To whomever this may concern, I got an appointment for a shot in Rock Springs, they are wide open.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Bunch of laps with DJ this morning, kept us out of lift lines and on the best spring surf. A personal tour guide. I hope I can pay him back someday.

Between skiing with DJ and meeting Kai Jones at Targhee my 10 yo was motivated to crush today. JH and the people that inhabit it have that effect on people. I always finish my stay here with a lap down the Hobacks and she joined me. Turned out to be a hot lap on primo spring slushy. Ski you'all next year. Covid free lord willing.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Bunch of laps with DJ this morning, kept us out of lift lines and on the best spring surf. A personal tour guide. I hope I can pay him back someday.

Between skiing with DJ and meeting Kai Jones at Targhee my 10 yo was motivated to crush today. JH and the people that inhabit it have that effect on people. I always finish my stay here with a lap down the Hobacks and she joined me. Turned out to be a hot lap on primo spring slushy. Ski you'all next year. Covid free lord willing.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    ^ this. Awesome post!
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    To whomever this may concern, I got an appointment for a shot in Rock Springs, they are wide open.
    Did you go directly to Walmart, or their county health people? Do you know which one you're getting?

I got my first here yesterday, but in 3 weeks I'll be still living in my camper with the family for spring break. They would not schedule my second shot since I couldn't do it exactly 3 weeks from my first. Thinking if Rock Springs had Pfizer, might try to schedule one and get it on my way back up here to finish it out.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

What an afternoon at the ‘ghee..... Went up mid afternoon with Grom #2 and all he wanted to do is lap the Wiggle. We squeezed in 7 or 8 laps today down it. Actually had a blast, it was deep, sorta soft and I didn’t launch myself out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lawless View Post
    Did you go directly to Walmart, or their county health people? Do you know which one you're getting?

I got my first here yesterday, but in 3 weeks I'll be still living in my camper with the family for spring break. They would not schedule my second shot since I couldn't do it exactly 3 weeks from my first. Thinking if Rock Springs had Pfizer, might try to schedule one and get it on my way back up here to finish it out.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I went through wall mart’s appointment process. Getting the Moderna, which has a 21-40 day window, I think. I will be out of the country until mid April.

Super sweet shot. Interesting look back from the NNE.

Teewinot mtn., Rockchuck peak, and Mt. Moran's NE face, Cascade and Paintbrush canyons.
    My shot's a bit of a mindfuck — that's actually Moran on the extreme left, not right. I was even further north. I love how our perception of the mountains changes based on where we stand (or where our minds are in a given moment).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F5A6125.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	368133

My shot's a bit of a mindfuck — that's actually Moran on the extreme left, not right. I was even further north. I love how our perception of the mountains changes based on where we stand (or where our minds are in a given moment).
    Gotdammit, I looked so long and hard at that pic trying to figure out which massif that was. I got taken by Moran looking like teewee summit and the Crooked Thumb to lookers right of summit. Now I can see how the face of Moran is kinda around the corner.
    Didn't Koch tumble that line Big back in the 90's?
    Def a bit o' mindfuckery there. Cripes you are so far out in the wilds.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great turns yesterday with UM and his special ladies. Thoroughly enjoyed that and we'll plan on making many more turns in the future.
    Your daughter is a veritable buzzsaw for turns, cutting thru whatever and fall lining it like a big dog. She's got talents, that one.
    And her parents got no issues bringing it. When I can roll on, and you're there with me at any point, I love it. If you lived here, we'd be ski buds fosho.
    Sorry I didn't come over, still back and forth with the headache. And banging out about 75k vert in the last 3 days harvesting the corn on those LPR's seemed to have physically caught up with me yesterday. all my joints were achy.
    I suppose that coulda been from the vax injection too...
    You owe me nothing except maybe a chance to turn with you and yours again soon. Ski ya again... maybe some spring Beartooths action.
    Also, light snow and overcast now, you left right on time, skiing's gonna be fakakta today.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 03-20-2021 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Crooked, not Broken thumb

Didn't Koch tumble that line Big back in the 90's?
    I think his fall was on the north side of Mt. Owen.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Did they ask for confirmation of Sweetwater County residence? Did you go through the distributor or the county? I have a Teton County, WY DL.

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Got an appointment at Walmart in Ammon, went through the Walmart website, lots of open slots. I did use an Idaho address.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This photo is not up to UAN's standard but it is Cascade Canyon from across Jenny Lake. It was taken yesterday from the XC track.

Quote Originally Posted by stevied View Post
    This photo is not up to UAN's standard but it is Cascade Canyon from across Jenny Lake. It was taken yesterday from the XC track.
    Nice shot dude, Ya them's the one's that I was mistaken about. Another beautiful day in the neighborhood, yes?

3Z is correct. Got my google on...Mt.Owen just beneath the Koven col, he gets a face full of cement for 2200 vert.

Quote Originally Posted by CMartin348 View Post
    Did they ask for confirmation of Sweetwater County residence? Did you go through the distributor or the county? I have a Teton County, WY DL.
    They did not ask, something tells me they won’t care. I hope I’m right!

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    That is awesome. Thx.

The powder eights segment right after was cool.
    Surprised they skinned up? In 1971.
    Ramer bindings??

But after Pepe, there’s a guy monoskiing. 47 minutes in
    One regular ski. With a raised two boot platform. What the fuck. Is he the inventor of monoskiing?
    . . .

https://buckrail.com/snapped-two-tra...o-bell-couloir

“There is no evidence of how the two skiers made it onto the patch of snow, they could have hiked.”

What the fuck happened to journalism
    Or common sense.

I used to hike and ski that several times a year when I lived in Ghettobrook
    Amazing reverse view of town. And a fun run.

Wtf. Maybe they took a heli ride? Or rode a unicorn?
    . . .