Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2624
    to beat the dead horse, good ol virtue signaling patagonia dumps jhmr after the big fundraiser lol

https://www.wyofile.com/patagonia-du...ht-fundraiser/

I find it pretty hard to believe this is really anything more than virtue signaling. Billionaire Yvon still loves him some deep red Wyoming tax breaks and parks himself at his mansion on the Snake and the timing seems quite convenient given the new REI going in, which oh by just pure coincidence sells Patagonia products.
    Live Free or Die

My first thought, “well, they have their bases covered with the new REI, and this is a gift to Skinny Skis (and TM?) “ , I’m not sure. But it is a tiny bit more than virtue signaling when there are hundreds of thousands of $ in orders on the line. The Village does a brisk business in Patagonia essentials by tourists who may not shop in town.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I find it pretty hard to believe this is really anything more than virtue signaling. Billionaire Yvon still loves him some deep red Wyoming tax breaks and parks himself at his mansion on the Snake and the timing seems quite convenient given the new REI going in, which oh by just pure coincidence sells Patagonia products.
    Having enjoyed his book “let my people surf” I’d like to think better of him.

He did start the 1% for the planet movement. And pioneered recycling plastic bottles for fleece and also repairing and or recycling old fleece etc.

But as much of a dick jay is, the patagucci response is pure corporate wokeness poseur bullshit.
    . . .

they did it for Utah Outdoor Retailer too. I'm not in the scene but I had heard they wanted to move to Denver all along and pull out of Utah under the guise of Utah supporting Drilling (forget if oil or coal) on public lands gave them the perfect smoke screen. Tinfoil hat and all.

JHMR brought in Marjorie Taylor Greene for fucks sake, the kookiest of kooks this country has ever seen. And the push to move Outdoor Retailers out of Salt Lake City was in response to Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz pushing a bill that would sell off federal lands.

Did any of that have any effect on anyone?
    Fuck corporate wokeness virtue signaling.

Anyone here refused to buy JH season pass because Jay is an asshat?

Crickets

Didn’t think so.
    . . .

Chaffetz dropped his bill, quit Congress, and is a Fox News hosts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Having enjoyed his book “let my people surf” I’d like to think better of him.

He did start the 1% for the planet movement. And pioneered recycling plastic bottles for fleece and also repairing and or recycling old fleece etc.

But as much of a dick jay is, the patagucci response is pure corporate wokeness poseur bullshit.
    To be fair, on the asshole scale I'm sure Jay ranks waaaaay higher, I just find it convenient that Patagonia will do something like this, but only because it benefits them through a marketing boost and a convenient retail replacement at the ready to make up for those lost sales.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Chaffetz dropped his bill, quit Congress, and is a Fox News hosts now.
    So he failed upwards?
    Live Free or Die

JHMR brought in Marjorie Taylor Greene for fucks sake, the kookiest of kooks this country has ever seen. And the push to move Outdoor Retailers out of Salt Lake City was in response to Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz pushing a bill that would sell off federal lands.
    Dude, don't be throwing facts around. Core and Exeter boy need bs to keep their heads spinning.

As if Yvon made this decision. U dimwits clearly know nothing about Gucci and its history. So, take a lap in your wife beater and then shoot something in your backyard. You'll feel better.

Like Yvon isn't at least aware the Patagonia is going to very publicly tell his hometown ski hill and the supposedly largest client in the valley to fuck off. Sure pal.
    Live Free or Die

I've always wondered how many woke folks would cry tears if they knew of Patagonia's Gov contracts and how many SOF dudes run those products.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

i love it btw. who cares if it's virtue signaling. let em do there thing and be woke. get more people talking about it win/win.

and seconded on the defense contracts. When I was in alaska all the seals were decked out in r1. Was pretty jealous tbh.

The whole thing is stupid, Just some super rich people telling other super rich people to fuck off. Why even care.

In other news, it’s that time again…the Aspens are changing color, and dropping leaves. Time to get the electric leaf blower…

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    to beat the dead horse, good ol virtue signaling patagonia dumps jhmr after the big fundraiser lol

https://www.wyofile.com/patagonia-du...ht-fundraiser/
    ya, everyone hates morals and ethics now, especially the far reich

Sometimes I think, it's better to be part of a system to get to change the system and the more wealthy and powerful that person is probably helps. It's pretty easy to see the hypocrisy in it all but the reality is people giving a shit and trying to make a difference is pretty cool. And we are all part of the hypocrisy too right? I mean, those wealthy people create jobs for folks that also create more jobs for folks and a lot of us folks make ends meet because of their efforts so whatever.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate it, it feels nice. I love that mountain so much. I definitely agree that it's the best overall ski area in the US. Snowbird is right there too but it doesn't have the sidecountry access like JH. Does anyone though?

I'll try to figure out a way to take my daughter there skiing this year or next. Hopefully we can get some laps with some you.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    In other news, it’s that time again…the Aspens are changing color, and dropping leaves. Time to get the electric leaf blower…
    That late evening air just starts to hit different.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

JHMR brought in Marjorie Taylor Greene for fucks sake, the kookiest of kooks this country has ever seen.
    *Lauren Boebert has entered the chat*

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Sometimes I think, it's better to be part of a system to get to change the system and the more wealthy and powerful that person is probably helps. It's pretty easy to see the hypocrisy in it all but the reality is people giving a shit and trying to make a difference is pretty cool. And we are all part of the hypocrisy too right? I mean, those wealthy people create jobs for folks that also create more jobs for folks and a lot of us folks make ends meet because of their efforts so whatever.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate it, it feels nice. I love that mountain so much. I definitely agree that it's the best overall ski area in the US. Snowbird is right there too but it doesn't have the sidecountry access like JH. Does anyone though?

I'll try to figure out a way to take my daughter there skiing this year or next. Hopefully we can get some laps with some you.
    Hit me up, we could probably put you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    I've always wondered how many woke folks would cry tears if they knew of Patagonia's Gov contracts and how many SOF dudes run those products.
    Ha! Not just Pata either. Arc'teryx and OR are in the same boat.
    I still use OR Firebrand mitts that I got at a surplus store for $30. PCU gear is apparently bomber stuff and has become kinda collectible.
    swing your fucking sword.

I asked Yvon about that once and he said if we as a country are gonna put dudes in harms way then he's going to make them the best, most comfortable shit to do so in. I'll bet this decision came directly from that crusty sonofabitch and I think its awesome/hilarious.

Yeah, and a defense contract is a pure gravy train financially. It is not like he is donating that stuff for free.

Stio must be pumped though to get their largest competitor out of the vill.
    Live Free or Die

Some of us can see the difference between outfitting SOF with a government contract versus taking money from people who align themselves with the likes of Marjorie Taylor Greene. I don’t know, maybe the Seals will come out in support of MTG and they will have to reevaluate.

I’m laughing at the “corporate virtue signaling” criticism of Patagonia. Have any of you opened a catalog or received a email ad from them in the last 20 years (or longer?). They are a very politically active company and they wear it on their sleeve.

It’s not new.